Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:03:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSLIDE: platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SLIDE: platformer  (Read 1233 times)
dan19
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2015, 02:14:08 PM »

Hi everyone, dan19 here. My brother and I are making a game called "SLIDE: platformer".

Here's the idea. The small green creature under your control doesn't have any weapons. All it does is evade trouble, and trouble is always very close. Escaping death often requires that you perform incredible feats of speed and dexterity. And -- here is the important part -- it actually has to be your speed and your dexterity. As a player, you have to do quite a bit of learning, but then it makes you all the more proud to succeed.

As an example of what you're dealing with in the game, here's me sliding on the ceiling of a death chamber, being chased by a laser and bullets flying all over the place:

Surviving that room requires real skill. You gain that skill by trying things and dying a lot. Little by little you learn stuff: timing your jumps, climbing between two walls, climbing on one wall, choosing the one good course of action, and so on.

The game uses some severe teaching methods. Here's a place that makes use of projectile weapons to really make sure you've learned your climbing well:

We recently got on Steam as an early access game. The game is fully playable to the very end, now we're working on "smoothing sharp corners". Adjusting levels here and there, finding and eliminating unfair death spots, and generally increasing the pleasantness. Contact us (either on Steam, or by a PM here) if you'd like to make a review/let's play/article about SLIDE.

Our game lives here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/375870/
http://slideplatformer.com/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:24:26 PM by dan19 » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic