Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:41:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDragonpath - Top-down action RPG (released on Steam)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Dragonpath - Top-down action RPG (released on Steam)  (Read 12393 times)
Fainz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 09:40:33 AM »

A few screenshots of a dwarvish environment I'm working on.

Plus a close-up on those glorious abs.

Dragonpath - Top-down action RPG (Devlog) || Nuclear Rune - Tactical party RPG (Devlog) || Ebonscale Games
thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 03:23:11 PM »

This looks fun! Looking forward to seeing this become more concrete.

Fainz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2015, 05:54:15 AM »

A couple of basic gameplay gifs, because I just noticed that the devlog didn't have any of them.

Dragonpath - Top-down action RPG (Devlog) || Nuclear Rune - Tactical party RPG (Devlog) || Ebonscale Games
Fainz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 04:43:04 AM »

The hero's inactive weapon now remains visible on the character. Staffs, spears and wands are on the back pointing up and most melee weapons point down, while guns go on the hip. They remain attached by a special magnetic force which a great many rpg heroes possess (in this case it probably has something to do with the Dragon's powers).

Plus: A special weapon called Mana Sword. It's attacks are very powerful, but the blade has to be created before it can be used.

Fainz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 06:34:42 AM »

New sounds:

Bug:

Quick help got a new UI. It doesn't have much info yet, I'm still trying to figure out what to put there.

Spencer Bambrick
Level 0

Games, Music, and Cats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 07:38:30 AM »

The weapons system reminds of FF9 where you used armor and weapons and learned their abilities. In that game you kept the abilities though, and I'm assuming that here you use the abilities that you have and just trade up as you get new items? How are more powerful items found in the randomly generated environments. In other words will more powerful items be found at any time, or will there be a central story where you have to defeat certain enemies before upgrading weapons and armor.

Those GIFs look amazingly fun though! Great job!

Game Design & Music

itch.io Page: https://entanglementinteractive.itch.io/bird
Fainz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 10:25:58 AM »

The weapons system reminds of FF9 where you used armor and weapons and learned their abilities. In that game you kept the abilities though, and I'm assuming that here you use the abilities that you have and just trade up as you get new items? How are more powerful items found in the randomly generated environments. In other words will more powerful items be found at any time, or will there be a central story where you have to defeat certain enemies before upgrading weapons and armor.

That's correct, the abilities are attached to the item and are traded away when changing it.
The base strengths of all items of the one type are roughly the same. The item's level multiplies it by some amount (so a lvl 10 sword can do 50% more damage compared to a lvl 1 sword for example). The level of items that enemies drop increases as the campaign progresses.

Item level can be increased at vendor NPCs, so if the player falls in love with a one weapon or armor it can be kept up to par.

Currently so much loot drops that the player will almost always get at least one of each different item in all zones.

The items are not tied to the story. Bosses drop better than average items though (enchanted and higher item level), and some strange weapons can be found at special rooms (which may be hidden or harder than normal).

Those GIFs look amazingly fun though! Great job!

Thanks ^^

Fainz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 07:05:22 AM »

Just a bunch of new screenshots.

Fainz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2015, 01:48:08 AM »

Dragonpath got Greenlit yesterday!

There's still a lot of work to do, and I'll keep this devlog updated until the game is finished.

Fainz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2015, 03:10:30 AM »

A couple of new models.

Runic Pistol, for firing focused bursts of magical energy.

Dwarven Armor, which has more spikes than Spiky Armor.

Fainz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2015, 11:37:35 PM »

Added a new enemy species known as Floaters.

Fainz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2015, 11:41:58 AM »

A few new icons for armors, drawn in Photoshop using screenshots as guides.

brantkings
Level 0

I like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2015, 01:13:43 PM »

Congratz for the greenlight!

Keep up the good work, the gameplay feels smooth from the gifs.

nam1995
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2015, 05:18:44 PM »

I wonder if this game have the LAN Co-op function

Fainz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2015, 11:44:46 PM »

Congratz for the greenlight!

Keep up the good work, the gameplay feels smooth from the gifs.

Thanks for the positive words!

I wonder if this game have the LAN Co-op function

The game has currently only single screen co-op (with keyboard+controller or 2x controllers), and probably won't get other co-op types.

MegaTiny
Level 1

Wew lad

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2015, 11:02:02 AM »

Hey man,

This looks really cool and congrats on the Greenlight. I really like the weapons system, can you gradually learn the skill from a weapon to keep by using it long enough? Like you get a set of learned skills that can be slotted somewhere alongside the currently equipped one?

Fainz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2015, 01:51:23 PM »

Hey man,

This looks really cool and congrats on the Greenlight. I really like the weapons system, can you gradually learn the skill from a weapon to keep by using it long enough? Like you get a set of learned skills that can be slotted somewhere alongside the currently equipped one?

Hey, thanks!
The skills can't currently be separated from items in any way (they are gained when equipping and lost upon un-equipping the item). What you suggested is an interesting idea though, I'll give it some thought.

Fainz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2015, 07:33:48 AM »

Added crossbows as a new weapon type. There's only one for now, but I'll probably make more in the future.

Fainz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2015, 11:57:54 AM »

A milestone was reached today: Dragonpath is now on Steam early access.

In preparation for that I've been mostly fixing bugs and improving some outdated areas, not much to show there.

One of the things the other dev has done lately is rewriting some lore texts.
Here's an excerpt from one of them:

Azan Valar is mostly comprised of twisted corridors half sunken into the earth and collapsed passageways that lead to nowhere. Due to the multitude of subterranean rivers and volcanoes in the region, the environment is permanently humid and nature has been able to claim most of the city as its own. Nowadays vast amounts of vines and moss make up the aesthetics of Azan Valar.
The city was once home to an empire of dwarven magi, who would shape their homes in all sorts of wondrous ways while powerful spirits roamed the streets, safeguarding its denizens from harm.

justincavenagh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2015, 05:52:23 PM »

Wow this looks awesome, seems to capture a lot of the dark grittiness that Diablo 1 had. Do you have any gameplay videos? would like to hear what kind of soundscape you have Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic