Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412111 Posts in 69451 Topics- by 58490 Members - Latest Member: tzdevil

June 30, 2024, 12:47:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOddball Racers
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Oddball Racers  (Read 2297 times)
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2015, 05:16:17 PM »

Added a bunch of scenery around the track to beautify it a bit. Here's a pic of some trees and sheep.

Also added ERS. This is the system that harvests energy when you brake and makes it available when accelerating. Just like F1 in 2015 this is done automatically by the engine management system.

Considering adding tire degradation, but not sure if that'll just be annoying for players who like to drift round corners.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2015, 03:23:51 PM »

I added tire degradation in the end, and it turns out it makes drifting around corners even easier as the tires loose grip.

xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2015, 04:32:50 PM »

This looks great. I don't know why you're calling it Oddball Racers. This looks very Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman.

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2015, 08:24:43 AM »

It is done. http://oddball.itch.io/oddball-racers

marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2015, 04:25:27 PM »

gave it a go on mac, keyboard and touchpad. I had a hard time starting a game, somehow it worked in the end. the cars continued to turn even without me pressing I think. had a really hard time playing. everything else is really cool!

TitoOliveira
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 08:28:14 PM »

Yeah, i couldnt play as well. As soon as the race begins the cars crash into each other and my car at some point faces the wall and i cannot do anything.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2015, 03:19:16 AM »

@marcgfx: The game is ideally played on gamepad. You can play on keyboard with a little practice though. Your turning issue is probably one of wheels spinning up more than the others, or you are get over/under steer. This can happen if you accelerate constantly and is a reason playing with analogue controls is best so you can make small corrections.

@TitoOliveira: Are you playing on Windows? It turns out the games is completely borked on Windows. Your wheels disappear and the cars go crazy. I'm trying to fix it at the mo', but have no idea why it's doing it.

TitoOliveira
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2015, 05:19:55 PM »

@marcgfx: The game is ideally played on gamepad. You can play on keyboard with a little practice though. Your turning issue is probably one of wheels spinning up more than the others, or you are get over/under steer. This can happen if you accelerate constantly and is a reason playing with analogue controls is best so you can make small corrections.

@TitoOliveira: Are you playing on Windows? It turns out the games is completely borked on Windows. Your wheels disappear and the cars go crazy. I'm trying to fix it at the mo', but have no idea why it's doing it.

Yeah, Windows 10.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2015, 01:39:35 AM »

I think I've fixed the Windows bug, but there may be a few other glitches on Windows. I though Unity was supposed to take the hassle out of cross-platform stuff. Oh well, live and learn.  Huh?

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic