Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:23:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsImmortal Redneck - Old-School FPS + Roguelite + Egypt
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: Immortal Redneck - Old-School FPS + Roguelite + Egypt  (Read 26356 times)
Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2016, 05:39:03 AM »

This looks fantastic, especially the art style, but I can't help but think the Redneck angle is a bit underused. It also seems that the protagonist is more of a modern hillbilly type and less of a redneck.

The difference may go unnoticed to most people, but I grew up in the southeast USA so there's a very clear distinction in my mind.

Dropsy!

Hypnospace Outlaw - You're a cop/moderator of the future-internet, which looks suspiciously like Geocities. Also you have a sweet car.
YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2016, 01:11:58 AM »

This looks fantastic, especially the art style, but I can't help but think the Redneck angle is a bit underused. It also seems that the protagonist is more of a modern hillbilly type and less of a redneck.

The difference may go unnoticed to most people, but I grew up in the southeast USA so there's a very clear distinction in my mind.

Well, we can change our main character yet, but yes, you're right, it looks more like a hillbilly!

About the Redneck angle... This is, at the end, a game set in Ancient Egypt. We'll try to mix everything, but the coolest things to show are from the Egyptian angle. We'll try to change that though.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2016, 03:43:59 AM »

We have changed (improved) our first post! What do you think?

Also, one of our new rooms in 'Immortal Redneck'.

jordanchin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2016, 03:35:12 PM »

I'm inclined to agree. Great looking game, by the way! Looks like loads of fun to play, but I think you could push the redneck aspects further.

Composer & Sound Designer
www.jordanchinmusic.com
YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2016, 02:25:57 AM »

I'm inclined to agree. Great looking game, by the way! Looks like loads of fun to play, but I think you could push the redneck aspects further.

Well, is still in pre-alpha, but we'll definitely have this in our minds!

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2016, 03:14:50 AM »

Quick teaser of Immortal Redneck:

And a little Gif we made that generated some hate (and love) in Reddit. What do you think? Do you think that we were too bad with No Man's Sky? Tongue

If you want to know more about our game, don't forget to follow us on Twitter! @ImmortalRedneck

AnaGuillenFdez
Level 0

Artist, interested in design too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2016, 04:28:56 PM »

This one is awesome.

The overall idea is pretty funny, I think humor will be a really strong point. I was amazed when I saw all the concepts, models, animations, illumination, sprites, objects, characters, scenarios, stages, weapons, classes... I love it!!

I just miss a bit of the redneck theme, I liked the contrast between Ancient Egypt and the redneck stereotype, right now most of the classes are egyptian mythologic characters, all of them are great but with so many egyptian characters it feels as if the redneck theme is going unnoticed. Anyways, I could not read all the devlogs so maybe I missed something.

I am really, really hyped. Btw, the sand devlog made my day.

Afterglow 20.51: emotional synchronization on a paper train
@FdezGuillen - @NuggetTeamDev
jambri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2016, 07:48:48 PM »

This looks awesome, digging the art/animations! Can't wait to buy it!

Mentle
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2017, 05:48:20 PM »

Little late to the party. Just want to open with the fact that this looks amazing!
Do you have any plans on difficulties? Will there be higher risk, higher rewards settings for those of us who love a challenge?
YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2017, 04:42:03 AM »

It's been a long time guys, we're still developing the game at full speed and we're getting closer to the release date. This coming week we will have some news. For now, enjoy our calm Giza setting.

Little late to the party. Just want to open with the fact that this looks amazing!
Do you have any plans on difficulties? Will there be higher risk, higher rewards settings for those of us who love a challenge?

We don't plan to have difficulty settings at launch since the game auto-balances in difficulty with the Skill Tree and the progression inside the game.

If you want a challenge you could try to beat the game without upgrading anything in the Skill Tree for example.

That being said, we could add easily difficult modes if we see people really wants them but I think they are not needed with the game's progression.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:47:18 AM by YaW » Logged

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2017, 08:37:04 AM »

We're on Greenlight!

Also, we've remade the OP with our new shiny trailer and screenshots. Oh, and the progress up to 80%!!

nam1995
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2017, 10:17:01 AM »

Hello! I've just seen your game and I must say it's really impressive. Upvoted!

Just one question: Do you have any plans for multiplayer/co-op?

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2017, 11:13:26 AM »

Hello! I've just seen your game and I must say it's really impressive. Upvoted!

Just one question: Do you have any plans for multiplayer/co-op?

Currently we don't have any plans for multi/co-op. We have something in mind for how the co-op would work but we don't have the budget / time to do it for the release.

AnaGuillenFdez
Level 0

Artist, interested in design too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2017, 11:51:18 AM »

The new trailer looks amazing! It will pass the Greenlight for sure  :D

Afterglow 20.51: emotional synchronization on a paper train
@FdezGuillen - @NuggetTeamDev
Jabberwocky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2017, 02:53:59 AM »

Upvoted.  Looks great!

The gameplay strikes me as similar to another indie game I played called Ziggurat.  It might be worth checking that out.  Perhaps to read the steam reviews and forums, and see what people liked and didn't like about this style of game.  Just in case that helps you make any tweaks to Immortal Redneck before release that might help it get reviewed as positive as possible.

It certainly looks like there is an audience for this type of game.
Good luck!
YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2017, 10:19:30 AM »

The new trailer looks amazing! It will pass the Greenlight for sure  :D

Thanks, let's hope!

Upvoted.  Looks great!

The gameplay strikes me as similar to another indie game I played called Ziggurat.  It might be worth checking that out.  Perhaps to read the steam reviews and forums, and see what people liked and didn't like about this style of game.  Just in case that helps you make any tweaks to Immortal Redneck before release that might help it get reviewed as positive as possible.

It certainly looks like there is an audience for this type of game.
Good luck!

Thanks!

We know (and love) Ziggurat, it was one of the inspirations early on the development until we moved to something more close to Serious Sam or Rogue Legacy.

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2017, 10:34:54 AM »

Feel like I should be paying more attention to this.
We need more old-school fps and egyptian themed games!

Game is looking pretty cool, keep the good work!  Beer!

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2017, 02:19:06 PM »

Working on some new rooms!

Feel like I should be paying more attention to this.
We need more old-school fps and egyptian themed games!

Game is looking pretty cool, keep the good work!  Beer!

So many thanks Kiss

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2017, 08:58:15 PM »

I just got home from work tonight and saw this in my Youtube subscription uploads:

Congratulations getting good stuff'd by Jim Sterling! By the way the game is coming together very nicely. Smiley

YaW
Level 1

CremaGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2017, 10:54:12 AM »

After lot and lot of months of hard work, we're done with all the content in Immortal Redneck and now we're on the final phase of polishing everything and solving bugs (specially, the weird combinations ones). Updated our percentage to 90%!

Release date is going to be announced later this month, but meanwhile you can check out our Steam page and maybe add the game to your wishlist if you want.

Really shocking to compare the prototype video (Oct/22/2015) with the current game state.

Congratulations getting good stuff'd by Jim Sterling! By the way the game is coming together very nicely. Smiley

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:11:22 AM by YaW » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic