Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:09:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 376781 times)
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1760 on: October 06, 2013, 03:31:55 AM »

It will be turn based rather than realtime. At the start of each turn you will be given a set of things to place in the dungeon (randomly generated), so for example you might get a north-south corridor, a big room, a rat, a +1 dagger, and a fire trap. You place these however you like to try and maximise your hero's chances of success then click go. Your adventurer will then move to try and fight the rat and get the dagger, say. Then back to a new set of things to place.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1761 on: October 06, 2013, 03:47:53 AM »

Wouldn't most of the skill come from making a dungeon that gets the player to the highest level possible w/o dying?

I'm not sure where the skill would come in your gameplay scenario.  Obviously you'd place the dagger first, then the rat, then place the fire trap somewhere out of the way .. not too exciting just yet.
ink.inc
« Reply #1762 on: October 12, 2013, 11:54:48 PM »

merged
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: October 13, 2013, 08:59:11 PM »

In an alternate universe, when a family moves into a new neighborhood, their entire house needs to be airdropped from 20,000 feet. While in freefall, one must move the house around to make sure that:
- it doesn't get hit by birds or helicopters
- nothing or nobody accidentally flies out the window (god forbid, you'll need to redirect the house to get them back inside), and
- in the end, the house lands in its designated moving area. Right side up.
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1764 on: October 15, 2013, 10:26:54 AM »

What kind of control would the user have over their dropping house?

Does it come with thrusters or does the player manipulate it by changing the center of gravity?

Does the terminal velocity of the house change with its orientation relative to the air flow?

Will the game be persistent so that the houses previously dropped by the user appear in the neighborhood the user plans on dropping into?

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: October 25, 2013, 08:44:04 AM »

I had an idea for a cute adventure game while doodling yesterday. It's still really undeveloped and not very original, but I thought I'd pass by you guys and see what you think.

Story: A little boy finds a crow's nest while exploring a forest, he mistakes it for a hat and puts it on. The crow living in the nest wakes up infuriated to find her nest on someone's head, she explains that you are now her servant and must do as she demands or else. Your task is to help her find several eggs which were stolen by (generic bad guy thing).

Gameplay: Probably a dime-a-dozen puzzle platformer. The objective of each area is to reach certain objects to help you get to the next area. An example being a flint stone on a ledge out of your reach. You direct the crow to fly up the the ledge and get the flint stone for you, which you can then use to start a fire in order to burn through some thick vines.

Another concept involving the bird is using it to temporarily hover over gaps in the level's terrain. The boy could hold onto the nest on top his head with both hands while the bird would rapidly flap its wings. Of course the boy is much larger than the bird so this would only extend the length of your jumps. Another idea is using the bird to attack/distract enemies or whatever, I haven't put too much thought into it.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1766 on: October 25, 2013, 08:45:54 AM »

Is it like A boy and his blob, except replace blob with bird? :3
clockwrk_routine
« Reply #1767 on: November 06, 2013, 08:18:46 PM »

vampire: the masquerade but instead of the undead, persona
ink.inc
« Reply #1768 on: November 06, 2013, 10:26:56 PM »

persona

god bless u
UndyingStovall
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: November 07, 2013, 03:43:40 AM »

A Kaiju fighting game, with full on destructible environments(of course), where you have to take control of the humans in the now destroyed city after each fight. So in the end it would be one part Fighting Game, and one part Survival Game.
Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1770 on: November 07, 2013, 06:37:25 PM »

I'm bored of my current project, so I'm fiddling with ideas, now onto a short adventure game that mixes Wonderboy 5, Loom & Sworcery. If it gets any more real than this, I'll let you know.

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
orseoste7o
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: November 09, 2013, 11:40:01 PM »

Wreckship in a very small nutshell is 'anti-FTL'- in that you control a single intruder in a spaceship, with the open-ended goal of wrecking the ship. This can be achieved through a number of ways, such as killing the crew or destroying all the systems.

It's a side on platformer. You make your way around the ship with 6 different items you choose, ranging from short-ranged teleporters and cloaking cells to shields which deflect enemy fire and atom snipers.

There's a number of different systems you can destroy or use: The engines, in which destroying would allow you different abilities such as calling in emps, the security system, which controls turrets, security cameras and the like, the oxygen system (self-explanatory), the light system (again, self explanatory) and the doors system ( Tongue ).

While your going about wrecking the ship, the ships captain, located in the captain's quarters, goes about directing his crew to stop you the best he can. He might, for example, direct some large guns on the outside of your ship to fire at your last known location.

And i could just keep writing about this, but i got carried away enough already, so i'll leave it with that. And some screenshots:

He-Who-Develops-Games
« Reply #1772 on: November 10, 2013, 10:01:24 PM »

Wreckship in a very small nutshell is 'anti-FTL'- in that you control a single intruder in a spaceship, with the open-ended goal of wrecking the ship. (snip)
This sounds really fucking cool.

My game idea is quite simple. It's a space shooter where you have to deliver a package, you have no weapons so you have to dodge, and you only get one life. If you die, your save game is deleted. The post-story stuff will be the most difficult, more bullet-hellish sort of gameplay rather than your average Gradius/Star Soldier-esque game which the story of the game will be mostly made up of.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: December 03, 2013, 09:05:58 PM »

A co-op metroidvania, where the powers you collect need to be combined with teamwork in order to progress. Either each character gets a different set of powers to match their skillset, or the powers somehow correlate to helping your partner progress.
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: December 07, 2013, 05:42:18 PM »

Super Off Rogue
Rogue-like offroad racing game.
Iromman-mode only.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:56:03 PM by surt » Logged

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: December 07, 2013, 06:14:32 PM »

- You have a train, and a grapple arm. You can use the arm to grab other train cars and attach them to your own. Other train cars have weapons on them.
- A roguelike where you play as a living meat moss in a lab facility. Your goal is to spread across the entire lab, looking for an escape. Scientists have poisons, hazardous chemicals, possibly even flame throwers.
Bishop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: December 13, 2013, 06:21:40 AM »

Wreckship in a very small nutshell is 'anti-FTL'- in that you control a single intruder in a spaceship, with the open-ended goal of wrecking the ship. This can be achieved through a number of ways, such as killing the crew or destroying all the systems.

My idea was basically this but mixed more with Mark of the Ninja or Shadow Complex. I wanted to make a semi sim stealth game. Like in Splinter Cell you shoot someone in the head in the same room as someone else and drag his bloodless body away unnoticed. I want to make a game where his head would explode all over the walls, his friend would scream and everyone would come running from the rest of the base. Throw in a load of sci-fi gadgets to adjust the huge difficulty that this kind of realism would add and hopefully have a cool game at the end.
Joh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1777 on: December 13, 2013, 05:40:44 PM »

-A card fighting game where you summon one monster to fight for you, and use card to do all the actions: Move foward, move backward, attack, use spell and traps. Synchronous turns, so you plan your actions at the same time as your opponent  and neither knows what the other is planning.

Further explanation because why not?!
You have 5 actions slots, each actions would be played in order unless interrupted. you have a hand of 6 cards; monsters, spells, traps and actions. only 1 monster can be on the field at anytime and your player takes his stats. you could then place action cards, to move, attack or defend, damage done would be base on the summoned monster stats of course (also big element circle advantage). Spell card could deal more damage or have interesting effects. trap cards are placed on the field (a case),and trigger by something (x action, opponent on the case etc). The goal is of course to send the opponents life points to zero.
What I thought would be interesting is the synchro turns: You planify what you will do and can only hope you opponent will act the way you planned so your actions work.
Ex:
P1: [move foward][move foward][block][empty][attack] : rush to opponent for a melee attack
P2: [empty][empty][move back][spell:meteor][empty] : gain distance for a ranged spell
In that situation, p1 would reach the opponent then block (in case) wait and attack.
the problem is p2, would do nothing, but happen to move back while P1 is blocking, throw a meteor during the P1 "wait" and be out of range when P1 does his melee attack.(retreat at action 3)

I had a mockup, but Its not worthy, hopefully your imagination can see what I was thinking, or something better even! (Oh and since its pretty much an idea, it might have design flaws)

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1778 on: December 15, 2013, 10:05:21 PM »

My idea was basically this but mixed more with Mark of the Ninja or Shadow Complex. I wanted to make a semi sim stealth game. Like in Splinter Cell you shoot someone in the head in the same room as someone else and drag his bloodless body away unnoticed. I want to make a game where his head would explode all over the walls, his friend would scream and everyone would come running from the rest of the base. Throw in a load of sci-fi gadgets to adjust the huge difficulty that this kind of realism would add and hopefully have a cool game at the end.

I've always wished stealth games were more like simulators, instead of being based on rigid "gamey" rules.

I've always hates stealth games because they are all about outsmarting AI, fair enough, sounds good so far, but then the AI are always batshit stupid...

Jump inside a box for 10 seconds after a deadly gun battle, "must have been my imagination, nothing to see here"

Lock yourself in an isolated toilet stall, un-crouch for one second "He's over here! I found him!"

Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1779 on: December 16, 2013, 11:06:11 AM »

Wreckship has so much potential  Kiss
Just imagine a game where you are a droid, fired from a ship, that latches onto the outside of a huge ship like the Enterprise with loads of people and subsystems, and you gradually take them down and destroy the ship. You could do this by jamming the navigation to make them crash, hacking the reactor control or security systems, killing the crew, switching off life-support, etc.
Of course, the Enterprise would be a harder level. You would start with, say, the Millennium Falcon which is much smaller and with far less crew

So long and thanks for all the pi
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic