Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:00:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGentlemen, this game has monocles.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gentlemen, this game has monocles.  (Read 2106 times)
Captain_404
« on: March 09, 2009, 08:06:20 PM »

...and now that I have your attention, the game is titled The Adventures of Super Captain Dan! And the Monocled Man! Against a Horde of Alien Zombies and Their Evil Plan!

But if you're just talking about the game in casual conversation, the shorthand for it, TAOSCPATMMAAHOAZATEP, will do just fine.

It's officially released right now, although I still have some glitches that need fixing. I'm considering try to get some non-exclusive things going with flash game sponsors for a bit of cash. Dandy!

I'd love to hear your thoughts! And I urge you to look past your fetish for top hats and monocles, although, yes, this game has both.
billyfish
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 09:10:45 PM »

Yay, first post!
Anyway, the game looks cool, i expecially like the graphics. I'll play it later when I get home xD

Always looking for someone to collab with in making iPhone games
Check out my iPhone game ^^ http://bit.ly/CoFPY and my blog http://justaprototype.com/
Curseman
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 10:00:05 PM »

I liked the old timey aesthetic.  It's hard to do stealth in games without it being frustrating.  I think you did alright in that regard, could've been better, but it was enjoyable.  Interesting choice for the 'final boss battle.'  The game seems to go on after that though, are those just essentially challenge stages?
Fuzz
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:02:28 PM »

TAOSCPATMMAAHOAZATEP
I believe that would be TAOSCDATMMAAHOAZATEP
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 07:37:49 AM »

I think the stealth elements in this were pretty well-done.  The game itself was pretty funny, especially the bit about gun control.

On the level where the medics are introduced, I could not move on.  I killed all the zombies and medics, but the victory screen did not come up.

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 07:57:23 AM »

It's like a mix between  Cool and  Gentleman

Hand Thumbs Up Left Shocked Hand Thumbs Up Right
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 08:49:45 AM »

What a neat game. Well done

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 09:15:16 AM »

Fuck. Tellies.
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 11:45:30 AM »

Hey whoa, I just played a little bit but it feels very polished, especially the presentation.  Cool arts.  Gentleman
Captain_404
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »

I liked the old timey aesthetic.  It's hard to do stealth in games without it being frustrating.  I think you did alright in that regard, could've been better, but it was enjoyable.  Interesting choice for the 'final boss battle.'  The game seems to go on after that though, are those just essentially challenge stages?

Yes they are. The site is largely community driven, so I needed a way for people to be able to submit levels that existed outside of the story's timeline.

@ Fuzz - You win, sir, you win.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic