Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411937 Posts in 69434 Topics- by 58481 Members - Latest Member: Maiu

June 12, 2024, 02:32:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTower of Samsara
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print
Author Topic: Tower of Samsara  (Read 30384 times)
jordanchin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2016, 03:15:51 PM »

Wow, just discovered this, and it looks amazing. Those landscapes are vast!

Composer & Sound Designer
www.jordanchinmusic.com
MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2016, 05:17:58 AM »

606 backers pledged €13,132 (31.3% of the goal).

Here are updated graphs:
http://i.imgur.com/P6XO2mF.png

The conditions weren't good for a final surge. The campaign went fairly quietly coasting through its last 48 hours. Much of the battle is maintaining backers' morale and engagement after a campaign gains traction.

The project page's problem with not being compact and easily summarized makes it harder for backers and press to discuss what the game is. As I've commented before the information felt spread out and hard to gather together from a backer's perspective. There is good material, but it took too much effort to dig for the key info. That can be fixed with for a reboot.

May 27th was the last project update. While people who starred the campaign with the "Remind me" button receive notifications when the last 48 hours start, the existing backers don't receive such notifications.

May 31st was the launch of Moonlighter. June 1st had the launch of the big Fable Fortune campaign using the Fable IP for a digital card game. With a bunch of May campaigns ending around the same time, Tower of Samsara didn't have much exposure near the end beyond a Cliqist article.

The comments section has many backers asking for the campaign to try again. I'd suggest a reattempt focusing on trying to have a strong demo for Let's Players and focusing again on the Playstation community. Strength of the Sword ULTIMATE was a game that was able to get a demo on PSN during its campaign. I don't know the details of how they did that, but having a demo running on Playstation 4 or the Vita could be something to look into before relaunching. Something to be careful of is console-war politics/business. Getting a demo on PSN may mean the game doesn't launch on competing platforms besides Steam.

The first campaign has achieved more than 600 backers total. Returning backers can significantly help a reboot gain early traction. Letting the campaign run its course instead of canceling had continued to accumulate more backers for a second attempt.

"Strength of the Sword ULTIMATE was a game that was able to get a demo on PSN during its campaign"

Wow this sounds sweet.

Indeed, we will make a very polished demo and relaunch with that. We will also add pixel art animations to the video to make it more "complete".

Well, and all the other things I mentioned on the email I sent you and u didnt answer Cry

Anyway, thanks a lot for all the insights you gave us!

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2016, 05:18:32 AM »

Wow, just discovered this, and it looks amazing. Those landscapes are vast!

Haha yeah! Thats the idea! The player size is reduces and the world is big

Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: June 07, 2016, 05:21:42 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that the campaign did not succeed. I hope you can rally and relaunch. What effect will the current lack of funds have on the project?

seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2016, 06:38:02 AM »

Aw man bummer about your campaign-please push forward and don't give up! This looks good! And I love the design of the pixel art-it's definitely unique and has its own voice.

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: June 07, 2016, 04:22:21 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that the campaign did not succeed. I hope you can rally and relaunch. What effect will the current lack of funds have on the project?

I was questioning myself this same question, but luckly all developers decided to continue.

so, mainly time setbacks Cry

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2016, 07:23:20 PM »

Well, we are continuing development as we can  Gomez

We will try again maybe on october this year, maybe on march next year. As soon as we have a good demo.

So heres an update! During your journey, stay alert for small cracks on the walls that lead to hidden paths!

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2016, 02:42:43 AM »

Great to hear you're keeping your heads held high and are continuing development as needed. Definitely a good inspiration for other developers thinking about Kickstarter!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2016, 07:22:47 PM »

Great to hear you're keeping your heads held high and are continuing development as needed. Definitely a good inspiration for other developers thinking about Kickstarter!

thanks for such kind words!
yes indeed, its been hard lately, but we are also seeking alternative funding methods!

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: July 04, 2016, 05:37:58 AM »

Thank you all for the support and the kind comments guys!

We realized we are now running out of assets to develop, the programmers are faster than art. We are in need of another pixel artist to help boost the development process and cut bottlenecks.

So we'd like to recruit a pixel artist.

There are no requirements, just send previous pixel artwork and we will see if the style fits on the game.

So, if you are up for this, please send me an email to [email protected]  with a link to your portfolio.

Unfortunatelly, we can't pay anything :[ We are looking for someone who believes the project to actually join the dev team until the end and so we will give a portion of the royalties.

And don’t hesitate to send me all your doubts or whatever information you think is important for me to know.

Thanks a lot!

Danilo

BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: July 04, 2016, 07:10:01 AM »

how are you with the search of a pixel artist? (:

Also, we'd love to help in stuff like comm. Are you launching a new KS campaign?

btw, check our project too! (:

Check the devlog for MONSTER PROM
And follow us on TWITTER
MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: July 04, 2016, 08:04:38 AM »

how are you with the search of a pixel artist? (:

Also, we'd love to help in stuff like comm. Are you launching a new KS campaign?

btw, check our project too! (:

We posted it today actually XD!

Oh you're talking about monster prom? looks awesome! I will talk with you on twitter!

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 04, 2016, 11:43:39 AM »

If you think you'd like a pixel font/text maker, I exclusively do that and would love to help Smiley

I'm a few days from the end of a vacation, but you can see my work in the Mable & The Wood title, and all my work the past 2 months on my Twitter.

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: July 04, 2016, 04:26:00 PM »

If you think you'd like a pixel font/text maker, I exclusively do that and would love to help Smiley

I'm a few days from the end of a vacation, but you can see my work in the Mable & The Wood title, and all my work the past 2 months on my Twitter.

thanks for you help Smiley A custom font on the style of the game would be pretty much appreciated! If you make one we sure would use Smiley

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 04, 2016, 06:27:30 PM »

thanks for you help Smiley A custom font on the style of the game would be pretty much appreciated! If you make one we sure would use Smiley
Are you looking for a pixel title? Or text-box text? Any particular size (and languages)?
Do you have any specific references of style?

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: July 05, 2016, 04:28:44 AM »

Are you looking for a pixel title? Or text-box text? Any particular size (and languages)?
Do you have any specific references of style?

Oh! I thought you would do a font file ".ttf". In fact we ourselves dont know shit about typhography. We only have the game itself as reference, not any font. And you can check the game here:

SurpriseTRex
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 05, 2016, 06:25:33 AM »

I love the style of this, it reminds me almost of Shadow of the Colossus in terms of how quiet and lonely the world feels.
chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 05, 2016, 10:48:48 AM »

Oh! I thought you would do a font file ".ttf". In fact we ourselves dont know shit about typhography. We only have the game itself as reference, not any font. And you can check the game here:

I can do sprite sheets, though in time I can do ttfs.

If you're interested in a pixel "Tower of Samsara" I can do that.
If you're looking for speech text, I can do that too.

I'll mockup some stuff this weekend and you lemme know what you think Smiley

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: July 05, 2016, 11:18:11 AM »

I can do sprite sheets, though in time I can do ttfs.

If you're interested in a pixel "Tower of Samsara" I can do that.
If you're looking for speech text, I can do that too.

I'll mockup some stuff this weekend and you lemme know what you think Smiley

Oh I see now! We are looking for a speech font that matches the game, but not at the style of the logo because it would be to difficult to read!

Awesome! Thanks a lot! Smiley!

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2016, 01:45:22 PM »

We found an artist willing to join the team ,thats awesome!

Continuing our development, here's the first boss of the game that will be available on the demo:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic