Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411905 Posts in 69428 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: tpat14

June 09, 2024, 09:05:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsBusiness Cards
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: Business Cards  (Read 61459 times)
Renton
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2010, 10:35:55 AM »

As a fan of Capt. Forever, I really like that card, Farbs. I'm just not sure how good it would look on print.
Farbs
Level 10

Pew pew! Videogames!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2010, 08:26:35 PM »

Cheers. The actual image is much higher res, with crisp text pixels instead of the blurry mess shown here. I just wish I'd thought about printing the back. Seeing this against a white background is going to be a little odd.
Alexander Bruce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2010, 09:29:21 PM »

Just print the captain dead and exploding on the back?

Tongue

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2010, 09:43:48 PM »

Oh man the front should be "FARBS" in captain forever ship sprites, and then the back can be an info drone giving your contact information baw haw haw.
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2010, 10:08:50 PM »

Oh man the front should be "FARBS" in captain forever ship sprites, and then the back can be an info drone giving your contact information baw haw haw.
this exactly.

Farbs
Level 10

Pew pew! Videogames!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2010, 10:58:17 PM »

Dammit, I really wish I hadn't sent this off to the printers already. Oh well. Next year.
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2010, 12:34:03 AM »

Heh, well, I guess it is memorable enough for someone to blog about it:
http://hubpages.com/hub/Memorable-business-cards

HAHA, oh wow!  Cheesy I had no idea there was a blog about this :D

And yeah, I just mean to say that my whole attitude isn't usually a serious one because I feel that life shouldn't be taken too seriously, that humor is divine, and that I'm confident enough in my self that I can be whatever kind of self I want to be and still succeed.

Sure, some might think I'm obtuse or eccentric, but that just denotes their inability to see beyond the obvious.

Don't worry your cards are awesome. Anybody who designs games that thinks about it for a few seconds will find it genuinely funny. There is just something about you choice of sonic on there that is so perfect.
CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2010, 03:50:38 AM »

Right on Farbs! That's tight!

I wrote up a little post on my card design process: http://bit.ly/cUPbmB

Final result:

I like your card, I only think that the dark purple brings the 'happiness' of the logo down...

FrostedSentry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: February 17, 2010, 01:07:53 PM »

Right on Farbs! That's tight!

I wrote up a little post on my card design process: http://bit.ly/cUPbmB

Final result:

I like your card, I only think that the dark purple brings the 'happiness' of the logo down...

Good point. I'll have to see what the printers do with it. Luckily it didn't seem to be an issue with my lady, who has an eye for color coordination (interior design), so it may not be that big of an issue. Suppose we'll find out.

David McGraw ∴ Twitter
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: February 17, 2010, 04:24:54 PM »

wow--some really amazing cards posted here!  I was reminded and inspired by this thread to create my own today and order them so they'll be ready in time for GDC.  Looking forward to the chance to finally meet some of you in person at the indie game summit.

wanted something that was hopefully minimal and elegant--here is what I came up with today:

Alexander Bruce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2010, 05:22:22 PM »

I didn't have an issue with the purple in yours David McGraw. That's also a nice appealing card Dave Evans.

Here's mine (front / back):

aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2010, 05:34:42 PM »

I didn't have an issue with the purple in yours David McGraw. That's also a nice appealing card Dave Evans.

Here's mine (front / back):

i'm thankful for the simplicity of your info on the back, but on the front, the logo i fear might get lost in a sea of black ink with all those hairlines. Something to be aware of when printing these.

Alexander Bruce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »

Oh I've had my cards for ages. They look even better printed. Smiley

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2010, 05:40:46 PM »

Oh I've had my cards for ages. They look even better printed. Smiley

Yeah, take that, GREG.
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »

haha kyle.  Gentleman

can't wait to see all you guys at GDC! My cards, I'm keeping secret...  Ninja

CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: February 18, 2010, 06:01:40 AM »

wow--some really amazing cards posted here!  I was reminded and inspired by this thread to create my own today and order them so they'll be ready in time for GDC.  Looking forward to the chance to finally meet some of you in person at the indie game summit.

wanted something that was hopefully minimal and elegant--here is what I came up with today:

The design is good, although I'd go with a plain color background, without gradient.
Or, at least, continue the gradient also inside the windows on the right (instead of plain white).

HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2010, 08:10:54 AM »

The design is good, although I'd go with a plain color background, without gradient.

Thanks--I know it can be risky to try gradients but I'm not going glossy so I'm hoping it won't be horrendous as a matte printing on nice stock.  I'm sorta just curious to see how well (or not) gradients come out these days with new print tech.

Or, at least, continue the gradient also inside the windows on the right (instead of plain white).

The little white room is where the game magic happens though... Wink  Jokes aside--what I'm trying to say is it was supposed to read more like an interior room and only has a window on the side you can see in (rather than it being a window to the sky behind.) I guess it may not read well to some.

Well these little cards have already gone out to the printer so I'm just gonna have to live with the design either way... if I'm not giving any out at GDC know that they turned out really bad... Cheesy

Alexander Bruce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: February 18, 2010, 05:00:51 PM »

The white windows seemed fine to me.

Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: February 18, 2010, 05:06:10 PM »

That card is awesome Farbs.

QFT. Love it.

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2010, 06:19:24 AM »

Thanks--I know it can be risky to try gradients but I'm not going glossy so I'm hoping it won't be horrendous as a matte printing on nice stock.  I'm sorta just curious to see how well (or not) gradients come out these days with new print tech.
[...]
The little white room is where the game magic happens though... Wink  Jokes aside--what I'm trying to say is it was supposed to read more like an interior room and only has a window on the side you can see in (rather than it being a window to the sky behind.) I guess it may not read well to some.

Well these little cards have already gone out to the printer so I'm just gonna have to live with the design either way... if I'm not giving any out at GDC know that they turned out really bad... Cheesy

My remarks were only suggestions... I don't think gradients should pose a problem for a decent printer nowadays...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic