Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:31:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDevlog Gold of 2015
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Devlog Gold of 2015  (Read 13593 times)
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2016, 06:22:07 PM »

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen.

thanks to Eigen we had two awesome annual best Devlog of the year poll

So following the tradition, it's time for the third annual best Devlog of the year poll.(better late than never)

Last year winner of the best devlog was Project Rain World and is still going strong nowadays. Is it going to win for the 3rd consecutive year? we'll find out.

And for the winner of Favourite Projects , we had Moonman , who went through a successful kickstarter campagin, clap for him.

Winners of this year in their respective categories will receive a beautiful drawed trophee (usable in your store page for notoriety) and maybe more.

(all credits of the following rules text go to Eigen)

1) Best DevLog

This is a project best showcasing the power of Devlog- constant informative updates with technical and design insight, screenshots, maybe even an occasional prototype to try out. Highlight the best specimen!

2) Favourite DevLog project

This is simply a game (or games) listed in this forum you like the best. Be it your favourite upcoming game or something you reckon hasn't gotten enough attention as it deserves. Dig up those gems!

Rules:
  • You can vote in both categories for as many games as you like, just make sure to specify in which category you're casting your vote.
  • For both categories the Devlog must have seen at least one update from the author in 2015.

Posting example (adding links to projects is recommended especially when it's a hidden gem):

1) Best Devlog
Some Awesome Game

2) Favourite project
Some Hidden Gem

Post your favorites right here in this topic, or if you want to anonymously vote,you can Pm me.
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 06:41:16 PM »

Eigen's been slacking...

Best Devlog: Lots of great options. I feel like Mooonman made some huge strides over the last year and remains one of the oldest and largest devlogs thats still incredibly active. And Rain World can't win 3 in a row, mostly because they will want to keep developing and go for 4 in a row... and we all need that game done...

Favorite Devlog: Battle Brothers doesn't get a ton of attention as a devlog but they're consistent and the devlogs are always really solid. Doesn't hurt the game is really fucking good too. Probably one of my favorites to check out.

Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 07:12:52 PM »

I know it's probably a bit boring, but...

Best Devlog: Project Rain World

Favorite Devlog: Project Rain World, Eastward

I've never followed a devlog as closely and consistently as I have with Rain World.  I get excited every time I see a new update (Which is pretty much every day), and there's usually always an awesome GIF to go along with it.  They often go really in-depth with updates as well, detailing game mechanics, AI, animations, etc.  It's easily one of my most anticipated games of the year, for obvious reasons.

Definitely gotta mention Eastward as one of my favorites too.  It's fairly new, but I've been following it nearly as much as I have with Project Rain World.  Can't wait to see more from it as time goes on.

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 08:47:27 PM »

Best devlog:
Cogmind. ASCII graphics never appealed to me before Cogmind, and that's mainly because of Kyzrati's lengthy detailed updates, explanations of the interesting mechanics and gameplay depth, and a look at his blend of ASCII and modern particle effects.

Favorite devlog:
Rain World of course. Been following the game for over two years now, and with the game finally coming out in 2016, it's really the only devlog I'm going to be sad to see come to a conclusion. Joar's updates are always informative and nothing is more exciting than seeing what new GIFs he has to share
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 08:55:21 PM by Christian » Logged

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 03:11:54 AM »

Since I haven't followed any new devlogs this year, I won't submit anyone. But I'm following the thread for tips Wink
chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 03:29:40 AM »

(thanks bakkusa for making this thread! ^_^ PS. I have updated trophies from the ones I made that were used last year (but we'll wait to show them off til the results Wink ))

Alright, on to the voting, in no particular order...

BEST:
Rain World (of course)
Super Toaster X
NIKRA
Stone Story
Manifold Garden
Kingdom (even though the game is complete)

FAVORITE:
Rain World
Eastward
In the Shadows
Return of the Obra Dinn
moonman
Verumsomnex
5734L3R (Stealer)
Heavier Than Air
(And mine, Plant 19, just because Tongue)

Man I follow too many of these, hah

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 04:04:25 AM »

Best One: Masochisia: I learned tons from reading it, it was very informative throughout and transparent.

Favorite one: I can't say I have a favorite one, hope that's ok! Not that I hate all of them of course, just haven't fell in love with one just yet.

Mark Mayers
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 10:13:43 AM »

Best

Manifold Garden: There is consistently great development insight in this thread.
Rain World: James and Joar work themselves like crazy, but the game looks fantastic.
Moonman: It's very interesting to see how the game has progressed, over the course of years!   
Masochisia: Great transparency in regards to the development process from start to finish. Congrats on release!

Favorite

Songbringer: Lots of interesting content going on in this game, the art and gameplay look great. I think it deserves more attention.

Desolus Twitter: @DesolusDev Website: http://www.desolus.com DevLog: On TIG!
Canned Turkey
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 12:11:05 PM »

BEST:
Return of the Obra Dinn
Burrito Galaxy 65

FAVORITE:
Eastward
The Eldritch Zookeeper
Burrito Galaxy 65
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 03:48:06 PM »

Where's Kerfuffle at?

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 04:57:30 AM »

I haven't been keeping up with the new devlogs as much as I used to but my votes are:

1) Best Devlog
Rain World - always excited to read every new update and see what crazy new thing these guys are working on.

2) Favourite project
Masochisia - such a great open journey in seeing the process of making a game from start to finish.

Vakey Rujevic
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 08:05:31 AM »

BEST:
Rain World - This devlog has constant detailed updates. But the thing that makes it stand out is all the collaborative discussions for the development of the game that I keep seeing.

FAVORITE:
Return of the Obra Dinn - Though posts are few, they are incredibly detailed and full technical insights on the development of the game.

Currently developing Life Of Sundura. Website | Devblog | Twitter | Tumblr
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 03:17:03 PM »

Best and Favorite: Leilani's Island

Canned Turkey
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2016, 08:07:36 PM »

Extra favorite: NIKRA
DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 09:58:36 AM »

Best: Cogmind, for sure. Kyzrati's updates are incredibly in-depth, and the game is beautiful.

Favorite: Warbits. Eye-catching art style and UI with Advance Wars gameplay? Count me in.

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 08:39:21 PM »

Best DevLog: Return of the Obra Dinn. Lucas Pope's a genius, and a lot of the process rundowns have been incredibly interesting.

Best Project: I'm a really big fan of Somerville. Gorgeous-looking title that's pushing all the right buttons for me.
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 11:59:10 PM »

1) Best Devlog
Masochisia

2) Favourite project
Somerville

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 10:40:27 PM »

I find it hard to list good devlogs. The best ones are also the ones with the most noise from people commenting, which ends up with I missing on updates from the actual devlog and stop following it altogether. But I digress, here is my...

Favorite Project Devlog: Cloudface
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:02:30 AM by diegzumillo » Logged

Dancing Bear
TIGBaby

Game Aficionado

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 10:51:46 PM »

Longtime lurker but wanted to chime in. Been following a few devlogs here and spoke with a few of the developers via their websites. For the most part everyone is very friendly and helpful but I am really loving these projects. Regular updates and pretty active development.

1) Best Devlog
Boss 101 - at least weekly updates and more all through 2015
Moon Man - really fun stuff and interesting

2) Favorite project
Boss 101 - I like where it's headed

Going_Merry
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 03:39:27 AM »

I've only joined recently but I already have some projects that I really love!

Best Devlog:
Boss 101 - these guys update a lot, they also have these really interesting reads on the whole progress which really helps out a fellow dev.
Moon Man - lots of updates, awesome art style too!

Favorite project:
Leilani's Island - charming game, very polished and a lot of detail! I also really love the art style!
Boss 101 - interesting game, crazy fun and a lot of content, can't wait to see this one finished!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic