Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:10:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsScorn
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Scorn  (Read 50214 times)
altfuture
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 11:33:23 AM »

Looks amazing guys. Especially those screenshots. I'm really looking forward to more details about the gameplay - very attracted by the fact that ammo is going to be scarce. I have seen this game before, and always imagined the player character situation being a bit like the ending of the Fire in the Sky movie. Have you watched it, is it going to be anything like that?

mzn528
Level 2

Dark Souls, Berserk and Vagabond Ultimate Fanboy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 12:33:51 PM »

Damn you guys are big fans of HR Giger, I like that

Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist, twitter @mzn528

Soul Appeaser, a combat focused story rich ARPG
DevLog
J. Kyle Pittman
Level 6

PostCount++;

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2016, 12:46:16 PM »

Wow, this looks right up my alley. Very Giger or Beksinski, as others have mentioned. Definitely keeping an eye on this one!

chrilley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2016, 01:04:09 PM »

This looks really cool. I hope you can capture the same creepy feeling of the reference artwork. Smiley

maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2016, 08:09:52 PM »

Man, everything is so detailed I spent minutes looking at each screenshot! I'm very interested, but I'm afraid I'm too fainthearted to play it when it releases, hahaha :D
Will keep up with the updates, though.

zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2016, 05:44:35 AM »

Looks amazing guys. Especially those screenshots. I'm really looking forward to more details about the gameplay - very attracted by the fact that ammo is going to be scarce. I have seen this game before, and always imagined the player character situation being a bit like the ending of the Fire in the Sky movie. Have you watched it, is it going to be anything like that?

Thanks for the recommendation, just watched Fire in the sky. Conceptually there is no similarity but we do have something similar to the beginning of that abduction scene. Too bad the rest of the movie isn't on par. It's really odd and somewhat frustrating when you come up with something and then find out someone had a very similar idea.

zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2016, 05:51:34 AM »

Man, everything is so detailed I spent minutes looking at each screenshot! I'm very interested, but I'm afraid I'm too fainthearted to play it when it releases, hahaha :D
Will keep up with the updates, though.

The worst thing about it is that people that feel like you are actually the best audience for horror.

Messofanego
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2016, 06:03:54 AM »

Glad to see this game is still being made.
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2016, 06:31:25 AM »

This looks disgustingly beautiful.

dnk_one
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2016, 12:01:29 AM »

Sinister looking machinery, can't wait to see what it will do in the game!
zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2016, 05:25:43 AM »

Capturing all the intricate details of the world in low-poly assets

Messofanego
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2016, 07:01:30 AM »

Just got reminded of this game, nice to see it come along.
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2016, 07:32:00 AM »

Hey, Messofanego, that's a familiar name to see pop up over here! (it's M_B from GAF)

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Messofanego
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2016, 08:41:06 PM »

Hey, Messofanego, that's a familiar name to see pop up over here! (it's M_B from GAF)
Hey, dude! lol
zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2016, 06:58:25 AM »

Hi, we haven't been posting updated lately but we have been working hard on creating a video trailer that we intend to use for Steam Greenlight process. It is not quite done yet, but here is a screenshot from one of the scenes.

Messofanego
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2016, 12:12:23 PM »

Hi, we haven't been posting updated lately but we have been working hard on creating a video trailer that we intend to use for Steam Greenlight process. It is not quite done yet, but here is a screenshot from one of the scenes.

Awesome!
James Edward Smith
Level 2

Mover & Shaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2016, 02:05:45 PM »

We've been talking about weapons so here are some previews. Keep in mind that they are still work in progress.

With such a cool looking, alien environment, I think it would be cool to have some more creative, alien seeming weapons than just guns that look biological. How about some sort of giant syringe looking spear type thing that you inject into the floor to shock things that are in front of you in a straight line; or a paracitical looking mask that you put on to weaponize your voice against enemies; or a luminous looking spore spreading orb that you hold up to create a cloud of dangerous spores around you that you're immune to but enemies are not?

I dunno, I think just going with a bunch of guns is kinda boring in comparison to how neat the H.R. Giger looking visual design. Alien, unusual seeming weapon mechanics would strengthen the feeling of being in a strange place.

Pike `n Shot  the first pshmup ever made. Twitter:@JamesEdSmith
Audiosprite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2016, 12:44:23 PM »

Dude

Tabook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2016, 10:34:04 PM »

I'm very glad to see that this game is still happening, despite a rough start. I'm a fan of horror and of atmospheric games, and I also love Beksinski and Giger's alien-like styles, so Scorn really appeals to me. This screenshot in particular reminds me a lot of Beksinski's artwork, but at the same time manages to have it's own unique aesthetic.

It's good to hear that you are putting a trailer together for Greenlight, because, hopefully, Greenlight will draw more people's attention towards this game.
zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2016, 11:03:16 PM »

With such a cool looking, alien environment, I think it would be cool to have some more creative, alien seeming weapons than just guns that look biological. How about some sort of giant syringe looking spear type thing that you inject into the floor to shock things that are in front of you in a straight line; or a paracitical looking mask that you put on to weaponize your voice against enemies; or a luminous looking spore spreading orb that you hold up to create a cloud of dangerous spores around you that you're immune to but enemies are not?

I dunno, I think just going with a bunch of guns is kinda boring in comparison to how neat the H.R. Giger looking visual design. Alien, unusual seeming weapon mechanics would strengthen the feeling of being in a strange place.

Thanks for the feedback but the weapons are already designed and the gameplay is balanced around them. We are more interested in making the combat skillful rather then making it just a novelty.

It's good to hear that you are putting a trailer together for Greenlight, because, hopefully, Greenlight will draw more people's attention towards this game.

Thanks, it is nice to see someone appreciating it for what it is.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic