Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 03:36:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMOONLIGHTER - [Shopkeeping + ARPG/ rogue-lite] Available on May 29th, 2018!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: MOONLIGHTER - [Shopkeeping + ARPG/ rogue-lite] Available on May 29th, 2018!  (Read 79797 times)
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2016, 12:06:08 AM »

Oh damn, I need to back this! Soundtrack tier here I come!

Vitalius Sch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2016, 04:17:25 AM »

Ohh mans .. i am stunned! Very beautiful graphics and idea!  Coffee

I also make my DoodlesLand based on Zelda and TBOI  Roll Eyes
But I took a few ideas from D3 and Torchlight Smiley

Good luck on Kickstarter!
Following!

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2016, 04:23:39 AM »

Oh damn, I need to back this! Soundtrack tier here I come!

Thank you!  Grin

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2016, 04:24:02 AM »

Ohh mans .. i am stunned! Very beautiful graphics and idea!  Coffee

I also make my DoodlesLand based on Zelda and TBOI  Roll Eyes
But I took a few ideas from D3 and Torchlight Smiley

Good luck on Kickstarter!
Following!

Thanks!

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2016, 04:31:19 AM »

Might I recommend you put a link to the kickstarter into your signature? Small thing but I think it just makes it more accessible for those not backpedaling through the devlog pages/the lazy folks. <3

Griffith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2016, 04:40:30 AM »

Backed,

Looks great. Good luck with the campaign and development.

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2016, 04:52:37 AM »

Might I recommend you put a link to the kickstarter into your signature? Small thing but I think it just makes it more accessible for those not backpedaling through the devlog pages/the lazy folks. <3

Yes! I'm doing that right now.

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2016, 05:00:58 AM »

Backed,

Looks great. Good luck with the campaign and development.

Thanks!

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2016, 05:05:29 AM »

704 backers have currently pledged $16,270 (40.67%). The launch day went well.

--- Part 1 --- campaign performance.

By 12:53PDT Moonlighter's campaign had surpassed 30% funded with 543 backers pledging $12,357. Crossing the 30% funded objective so soon is very good for its chances to get funded. What is more uncertain is how many stretch goals will be reached.

The average pledge is $23.11 per backer. A $15 priced game usually lands an average of between $22 and $31 per backer. All 350 $12 early-bird tier slots are filled. The average pledge amount should rise as newcomers pick the more efficient (at cover funding distances) $15 tier. At $31 per backer it would take 1,290 backers to reach 100% funded. At $22 per backer it would take 1,818 backers to do the same.

Kicktraq shows a trend to $273,190 (682%). It takes about a week before the Kicktraq trend becomes more accurate. It is possible to add tags like "PS4" to the Kicktraq page using that "+Suggest" button. It can take some time for tags to appear due to moderation.

SideKick is for some reason showing a 12% success probability. Weird.

BackerTracker shows a trend to $78,556.

Bitly shows 81 clicks of the project shortlink (this is not the long project URL).

Kicklytics will show a trend after 5 days.

--- Part 2 --- exposure.

Moonlighter is ranked #1 in popularity for the video games category. It is 3rd in the overall games category behind the tabletop projects Xia: Embers of a Forsaken Star and Outlive.

Hardcore Gamer did an article. There were also German and Spanish web sites. There was a post on the NeoGAF crowdfunding thread.

A post on /r/Games had 72% upvotes and 11 comments. A post on /r/gamernews had 68% upvotes and 2 comments. Overall the majority of comments are positive and about the art style. A /r/SquareEnix post had 100% upvotes and 3 comments.

The pitch video has 2,991 views on the YouTube version.

The project received a "Project we love" staff pick very quickly.

Exposure within Kickstarter is not a problem. It is the external environment outside of Kickstarter that will decide if stretch goals are achieved.

--- Part 3 --- communication with backers.

There is confusion about if the early-bird tier offers the choice of console keys.

The first day had 4 project updates. That is okay. Too many project updates can result in backers unsubscribing from just the updates of Moonlighter. What to avoid is having too many updates. It usually means no more than 1 update per day until the very end or a critically important announcement. If you are worried about making too many updates try to condense/combine potential updates together or use the comments area. There have been campaigns in the past that annoyed backers with multiple project updates every day.

Project update #4 about the timezone differences was good so that backers didn't have to wonder why there wasn't a quick response to comments. In the future, announcing going to sleep in the comments section instead of as a project update may be enough.

--- Part 4 --- other campaigns that launched.

Fable Fortune isn't in good shape. It suffers from the drawbacks that F2P digital CCG campaigns have with their reward tier structures. If someone wasn't willing to pledge at one tier, just piling more of the same thing at the next tier probably won't convince the person to pledge. It can force the average pledge amount down. F2P also means there is a disincentive to pledge for "cheap" gamers. There are also comments about the design of the game (such as how difficult some visual information is) in comparison to Hearthstone. Currently Fable Fortunes has 625 backers pledging £21,245 (0.085% of £250,000 goal). For perspective, realize that over the last 48 hours the pre-launch marketing was pushing hard. IGN did an article and a 17 minute video of play. The news about a Fable-related game went around most of the gaming communities I check. Moonlighter has done better with its backer numbers and it had less overall exposure.

A bunch of other campaigns have launched, but many of them are low quality and without traction. Two that were high quality are ZED and GREEDY GUNS. ZED is a Kickstarter project from one of the artists on Myst and the Command & Conquer series. GREEDY GUNS is a project inspired by Metal Slug.

June 1st may see more high quality projects launching.

Hi there! Thank you! As always, amazing.  Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

We basically agree with everything, we are creating a FAQ about the rewards and how console will be distributed. We're also a bit concerned about external coverage.

About cross-coverage, we will have one with Epic Tabern, and probably some more.

I'll love to extend this message more, but we have a lot to do!

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2016, 08:16:19 AM »

Hi there!

Javier, the head of the studio, is right now on reddit doing an Ask Me Anything about Moonlighter and its Kickstarter! Feel free to (well...) Ask Anything  Tongue

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4m1tyz/qa_about_moonlighter_an_roguelite_arpg_game_about/

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2016, 02:49:58 PM »

Hi there!

Some quick news:

Moonlighter is now also on Greenlight! You can help us [here]

We've added the option of appear on in-game credits, on a monument to the funders of Rynoka  Wink

Also, every tier will get the option of having Moonlighter on consoles, by choosing the platform when the game is finished.

And finally: We're going to open a closed beta community, share versions of the game, and ask for feedback. We think that this is going to help us the make a better and more balanced game  Gentleman

Everything is going well! Grin Near to 70% backed right now, and 1090 backers. Thanks! Coffee

Here is around 1 am. I'm going to take some sleep. See you soon!

LobsterSundew
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2016, 10:45:12 PM »

Kickstarter changed some of its visual design today. Some parts that were previously green or dark grey are now blue. As a backer, the reward tier that I selected on a project has a new blue outline on the reward tier's box and a more obvious darker "Manage your pledge" button. I haven't noticed any other changes yet.

More campaigns are launching. Most of them are small projects that aren't gaining traction. Some medium-sized campaigns are having their final pushes.

Epic Tavern is $3,880 from its $40,000 goal with many days remaining. It should end up working towards stretch goals soon.

--- Part 1 --- campaign exposure.

Moonlighter is strongly holding onto the 2nd rank in popularity for the video games category. The 1st place is held by Sam Dyer's new Famicon visual compendium book. That project creator has previously used Kickstarter for Commodore 64 and ZX Spectrum visual compendiums. Fable Fortune is 3rd. The 4th rank goes to a Lovecraftian CRPG called Stygian that launched. 5th is Chronicles of Elyria that has started its last 48 hours. 6th place is SAURIAN which was previously the top project before the new wave of fresh projects. Moonlighter is 3rd in the overall games category.

The Steam Greenlight campaign is now live and bringing in traffic.

There were more non-English gaming news coverage. OnlySinglePlayer, Game Skinny, Gaming Cypher and One Angry Gamer made posts about the project. The press release appeared on Gamasutra. Square Enix made a post on their blog linking to the project.

There was a bunch of Twitter activity. Some small Reddit posts also appeared in addition to the /r/Games AMA thread. There were more than 700 Facebook likes so far. Bitly is showing 109 shortlink clicks.

AMD's new graphic cards announcements are currently soaking up a lot of press for major gaming news sites. The Xbox One also has rumors about drops in pricing and potential hardware revisions. Overwatch continues to have articles and guides posted.

There are 44 supporters on the Thunderclap campaign already.

--- Part 2 --- campaign performance numbers.

1,354 backers have pledged $36,120 (90.30%). The campaign could be over 100% by tomorrow. Keep reminding yourself that right now is expected to be the easiest part of June for you to get press coverage. The focus shifts from achieving 100% funded to achieving the first few stretch goals.

Kicktraq shows a trend toward $400,520 (1001%). Remember this can be very optimistic this early in the campaigns' run. BackerTracker shows a trend to $174,493. My instincts are pointing towards being around $70,000. It takes about a week to have a better understanding of how the campaign is doing.

SideKick is still acting weird by showing just a 32% success probability while the campaign is $3,880 away from 100% with more than 30 days still remaining.

Here are graphs about how the reward tiers are doing:
http://i.imgur.com/TTHxQtp.png

Unallocated backers are those that didn't select any reward tier. Unallocated funding is pledge amounts I can tie to reward tiers. When those numbers are high it can indicate a problem or cheating. Moonlighter is doing well. It has 7 unallocated backers and $415 in unallocated pledges.

The $25 tier for beta access (and that bonus weapon) is performing better than expected at up-selling backers from the $15 tier (for the game, wallpapers and PDF).

The drop in the number of backers from the $25 to $40 tier is acceptable, but should be watched to see if it gets worse. There is the opportunity to insert a new reward tier between the $25 and $40 tiers, but for now efforts can stay focused on marketing.

The largest individual pledge appears to be $500. There aren't 5 hidden $2,000 backers or a hidden $10,000 backer like other campaigns will try. The traction is impressive because it isn't relying on very large pledges.

350 backers at the $12 tier are contributing at least $4,200. There are 385 backers at the $15 tier contributing at least $5,775. The 354 backers at the $25 tier are contributing at least $8,850 towards the total raised. The $25 tier is the best contributor towards the goal providing 25.82% of the current $34,275 in allocated funding I can trace back to the reward tiers.

The average pledge amount is now up to $26.81 per backer. I feel it may reach $35 per backer if it starts getting more large pledgers.

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: June 02, 2016, 03:59:59 AM »

Moonlighter is funded! Thank you all! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You can check our update here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitalsun/moonlighter/posts/1592484

RIPPorkins
Level 0

#StayOnTarget

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: June 02, 2016, 04:03:13 AM »

Moonlighter is funded! Thank you all! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You can check our update here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitalsun/moonlighter/posts/1592484

Congrats! That was crazy quick! Beer!
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2016, 04:04:47 AM »

Congrats! That was crazy quick! Beer!

Thanks!  Grin

nnyei
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2016, 04:16:45 AM »

Congrats! Grin Here's to hoping that you'll make it through Greenlight just as fast.
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2016, 04:30:45 AM »

Congrats! Grin Here's to hoping that you'll make it through Greenlight just as fast.

Thanks! We're going to put some more efforts into it from now. Kickstarter is our priority

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2016, 06:11:03 AM »

heroic.

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: June 02, 2016, 10:04:21 AM »

Congrats! Smiley

I like this quote:
"Strongest campaign we ever had"
Phil Elliott, Head of SQEX Collective"

Passing Greenlight will be a breeze. Smiley   I've been following a few projects and it seems like that projects are greenlit near the middle and the end of the months.

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2016, 07:02:27 AM »

Congrats! Smiley

I like this quote:
"Strongest campaign we ever had"
Phil Elliott, Head of SQEX Collective"

Passing Greenlight will be a breeze. Smiley   I've been following a few projects and it seems like that projects are greenlit near the middle and the end of the months.

Thank you! Smiley

We're trying our best. We should announce in a bit more evident way that Moonlighter's also on Greenlight. What do you think? The pro could be to get more Greenlight traffic by putting an image in the top of the campaign... And the contra could be putting the Stretch goals and the campaign itself on a lower position....

(we also love that quote Tongue )

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic