Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 02:36:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMOONLIGHTER - [Shopkeeping + ARPG/ rogue-lite] Available on May 29th, 2018!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: MOONLIGHTER - [Shopkeeping + ARPG/ rogue-lite] Available on May 29th, 2018!  (Read 79741 times)
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2016, 05:12:53 AM »

Glad you fixed the pixel issues, this looks 10000 times better now! It's amazing! Voted yes!

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2016, 05:46:30 AM »

Glad you fixed the pixel issues, this looks 10000 times better now! It's amazing! Voted yes!

Thanks!!  Kiss

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2016, 03:19:30 AM »

Clicked the yes to funding this about 3 times, wanted to be sure haha.

Sorry, I can't really give any constructive critique, because I really loved everything I just watched. I also LOVE the team portraits you did, really cute. That golem-esque enemy at the end is fantastic looking as well. Love the town and the layout of the interaction menu you get from talking to the blacksmith for example, with his classic blacksmith grunt well intact  Kiss

Thank you!!  Kiss

Hahaha The "grunt" of the blacksmith... is the voice of one of our developers  Grin Grin

lol, very welcome. And your developer grunts like a champ  Beer!

..that came out wrong  Epileptic

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2016, 05:51:39 AM »

(...) And your developer grunts like a champ  Beer!

... hahaha

Chromanoid
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2016, 10:41:50 AM »

Looks beautiful  Kiss. Subscribed Hand Fork Left
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2016, 10:51:19 AM »

Looks beautiful  Kiss. Subscribed Hand Fork Left

Thank you!  Smiley We'll be uploading more content soon.

BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2016, 11:42:27 AM »

This is coming along beautifully ^_^

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2016, 02:12:02 AM »

This is coming along beautifully ^_^

Thanks! We're working hard on it Tongue

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2016, 06:02:26 AM »

#4 DevLog: Rynoka's other shops: BlackSmith

We have published our first update on our Collective's page

Moonlight is the shop Will inherited from his family. It is located on Rynoka, where other merchants also own their shops, selling items and offering services to all the adventurers that arrive to the city looking for fortune on the near dungeons.

Will, as citizen of Rynoka who wants to become a hero, can use the services of other merchants. They can upgrade, enchant, craft and sell items. As we said, some of the available shops are:

• Forge: Owned by a tough blacksmith who upgrades your weapons giving them a new aspect and new stats. You can give him a weapon or armor plus some items and money to obtain an upgraded version of the weapon class.
  • Witch’s tent: Shop in charge of an old witch that has made potions and enchantments for decades. She enchants weapons adding stat boosts and special abilities, like being able to see secret doors at dungeons. These enchantments are achieved by giving her a weapon or armor plus an item and some money.
  • “Competitor” merchant: (with a less successful shop) A common items shop, who will sell basic items easily obtainable in dungeons. He gives the player the possibility of buying base items from the dungeons, at a higher price.
  • Others: We plan to include more NPCs and shops. For example visiting merchants that come to the town from time to time selling or buying specific items, places that allow the player to invest large amounts of money for permanent perks, etc…

For now we have followed this process with the blacksmith:

And here are some concepts of the Witch Tent:

Moonlighter has a crafting and enchanting system that is key for player progression.

Dealing with the other merchants in town Will can craft new armors and weapons, and enchant existing equipment. To craft/upgrade/enchant equipment, some specific items and large amounts of gold will be required.

Upgrading and Enchanting will result in more powerful equipment, some of them with special features, adding a great deal of flexibility to the way the equipment is used…

Any feedback is always welcome!  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:49:48 AM by DigitalSun » Logged

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2016, 02:19:00 PM »

Really love this idea. Super cute  Gomez

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2016, 02:28:20 AM »

Really love this idea. Super cute  Gomez

Thanks  Smiley

migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2016, 03:35:46 AM »

Those sketches are great! WOW! And altough it's just a detail, i love the rooms' rounded corners. Make's look super unique. Keep it up!

On STEAM »
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2016, 05:59:20 AM »

This looks great, really fantastic. I love the concept for the Witches Tent as well, I was curious.. you mention about buying base items from the dungeons at a higher price from the "competitor" merchant - could you elaborate on what those would be? Would it be a case of buying dungeon items before you had visited a dungeon, or perhaps those items become available after you've completed said dungeon? It sounds like a really interesting idea, just curious about how it would play out in game.

I also love the idea of being able to get particular perks from specific town merchants around the world of towns and villages!

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2016, 06:34:28 AM »

This looks great, really fantastic. I love the concept for the Witches Tent as well, I was curious.. you mention about buying base items from the dungeons at a higher price from the "competitor" merchant - could you elaborate on what those would be? Would it be a case of buying dungeon items before you had visited a dungeon, or perhaps those items become available after you've completed said dungeon? It sounds like a really interesting idea, just curious about how it would play out in game.

I also love the idea of being able to get particular perks from specific town merchants around the world of towns and villages!

Hi there! First of all, thank you for your feedback  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

Well, what we have in mind is that the "competitor" provides the player with common and already discovered items, but at high prices. It has to be like a place where the player can go and avoid returning to a dungeon just for collecting one common item (of course at a price).

For example, you want to craft at the forge a new sword; it needs three leaves but you only have two. Instead of returning to the dungeon to kill some tangles, you can directly go and buy the leaf that you need at a high price (not a real recipe!).

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2016, 06:54:26 AM »

Ah brilliant, that clears it up, and sounds great, thanks!

brantkings
Level 0

I like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2016, 07:08:16 AM »

This looks amazing! Posting so I can follow but I'd really like you to comment on that color palette of yours, it is very well done!

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2016, 07:15:22 AM »

This looks amazing! Posting so I can follow but I'd really like you to comment on that color palette of yours, it is very well done!

Thank you!  Grin

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2016, 09:22:51 AM »

Hi there! Here you have part of the iteration process behind the look of Moonlight, Will's shop from Rynoka. Hope you like it  Gentleman

By the way, we are on Collective (as you probably could have perceived Tongue), a lot of you guys have entered there, but Collective's web only count the votes sent by logged people... It can be done via facebook and steam account (or Square Enix account). Thank you all! Link to Moonlighter's Pitch on Collective

At the end of the week, more or less, we'll be publishing another update on Collective with new content about Will's history and, of course, we will also share it here.

As always, any feedback is welcome.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 12:16:21 PM by DigitalSun » Logged

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2016, 09:59:25 AM »

Could you check the link?

It only shows:  [ url=http://xaEUY3 ]

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2016, 12:24:17 PM »

Could you check the link?

It only shows:  [ url=http://xaEUY3 ]

Whoops! It's solved now. Thank you! It was just an issue with the TigSource's editor and google shortner... Now it should work fine

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic