Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:38:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRedux: Excessively Weaponised Robot [Video] [Tactical First Person]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Redux: Excessively Weaponised Robot [Video] [Tactical First Person]  (Read 856 times)
Skellapeal
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2016, 02:30:42 PM »

Redux Synopsis
Redux is a tactical first person game! It’s set on Earth an undefined number of millennia into the future. You take control of an excessively weaponised robotic historian that aims to salvage what it can of mankind’s home planet. The more you explore, the more the world becomes aware of you and tries to resist you. With exploration features much like The Elder Scrolls and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt; Redux aims to take the player on an adventure through a world comprised of an amalgamation of historical and present-day time periods.

Features include:
  • Historically accurate locations and events
  • A wide array of combat abilities, strategies and formations
  • Powerfully dynamic AI to simulate different civilisations and their combat styles
  • A story-rich, character driven foray into the history of mankind on Earth
  • Infinite ammo, just for the robot
  • Team based combat with commands; like Dragon Age: Origins or the original Rainbow Six
  • Modular protagonist; break apart, control individual pieces
  • Ridiculous amounts of simultaneous firepower; SHOULDER CANNONS

Currently I only have basic stuff programmed, and here’s a video of it in action:

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:11:00 AM by Skellapeal » Logged

Redux Links: devlogs
UaSirideain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 07:20:15 AM »

Ah, so you came on here in the end!

Question: will one of the robot's modular upgrades give him the capacity to experience love?

Serious question: can you cycle through the shoulder cannon's targets after they've been dismounted? Something like that could be pretty cool, tactically speaking.
Skellapeal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 11:16:45 AM »

Yeah, I hope I can have a more thorough and viewable demo of his abilities up here soon. Dismounted target cycling is something I've wanted to add.

Redux Links: devlogs
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic