Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:56:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38
Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild  (Read 72812 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2016, 08:17:21 AM »

mm town is best town

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2016, 08:36:03 AM »

Yes.

MM reminds me a lot of Undertale strangely. it has a really big focus on characters, interactions and empathy, and they both have a game loop mechanic that allows you to experience different sides of the same world.

Am I the only one that finds that, thematically, the ocarina of time was a much better thematic fit for MM than OOT?

Canned Turkey
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2016, 08:52:42 AM »

I have played every single Zelda game all the way through multiple times, except MM. I have not even seen gameplay for MM.
Does this mean I get banned or something I don't know what happens now
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2016, 09:00:42 AM »

not having finished zelda 1 should disqualify people from posting about games but that's just imho

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2016, 09:01:08 AM »

Addicted
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2016, 09:24:33 AM »

deflecting stuff with the shield was really fun in skyward sword.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2016, 09:34:53 AM »

Why are we still discovering stuff in a one day long demonstration only? That's only 1% of the game stop it! Huh?

Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2016, 12:18:49 PM »

Addicted

Nice to see Nintendo are as ever are great with game feel, like seriously that shield deflection action looks so good  Smiley

Life sucks and then you die.
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2016, 12:55:46 PM »

http://i.imgur.com/uO8zAvU.mp4

Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2016, 04:20:55 PM »

Aonuma confirms the big tower on the plateau being blue means its active, orange ones in distance are inactive. As well as saying that Link does something at the beginning of the game (activating the tower) that sets things in motion for the rest of the game, and that we aren't seeing what the actual beginning of the game is like, because the tower is always on in the demo. really puts a lot more into the idea that they might be timeshift stones. It would be awesome to have to fight through an army of enemies from another era to get to/while climbing the towers to activate them.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2016, 04:33:30 PM »

the best part is that there seems to already be a LOT of stuff in this gam and it's only coming out next year. plenty of time to polish it to the nth degree.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2016, 04:38:58 PM »

the best part is that there seems to already be a LOT of stuff in this gam and it's only coming out next year. plenty of time to polish it to the nth degree.

Also apparently the team working on this thing is the biggest Nintendo's ever used for a game, and they're getting help on it from Monolith Soft too, so they definitely have the manpower.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2016, 04:43:56 PM »

getting help on it from Monolith Soft too

ohhhh that is great news actually. the xenoblade games have amazing open worlds. xenoblade x was absurdly grindy tho, so let's hope that that aspect doesn't influence zelda lol.

also isn't monolithsoft technically part of nintendo now?

edit: also this is pretty much nintendo's grand return to nonlinearity after so many linear games during the wii/DS era. they are finishing what they started on the n64. OR SOMETHING.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:49:15 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2016, 04:48:21 PM »

Yeah, I think they were acquired in 2007 iirc
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2016, 04:50:28 PM »

They said the same thing for skyward sword (monolith helpt them too there).

But this zelda has been in gestation since twilight princess, except they couldn't make the game they wanted so many ideas that were scrapped was actually reused for this game. Just look at early reveal of twilight princess to see how much it has changed, also artifact such as the big empty field and under used items are from a refactoring of the game, similar thing happen in SS dev time, they salvaged the game last minute to make it coherent and it show in the rough structure of the game and under use element (birds where supposed to land on the overworld, not get stuck on top of a cloud layer you can't see through from above but disappear when you are on the ground!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2016, 05:00:55 PM »

But this zelda has been in gestation since twilight princess

i would say since before ocarina of time actually. the original zelda 64 (not "ura zelda") was meant to be a 64DD exclusive open persistent world game which ended up being scrapped and reworked into OOT when the 64DD tanked.

similar thing happen in SS dev time, they salvaged the game last minute to make it coherent and it show in the rough structure of the game and under use element

welp let's hope that won't happen with this game then! but i mean, they pretty much can't backtrack now that they've shown so much.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2016, 05:05:50 PM »

The more I find out about this thing, the more I'm convinced that this is the game the entire Legend of Zelda franchise has been culminating in. I'm trying not to overhype it for myself, but this is such a beautiful full-circle moment for the series that it's hard to contain my excitement
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2016, 05:38:49 PM »

If the game have ONLY what is presented, ie the plateau, the shrine and rune's skill (thanks skyrim) I'm happy.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2016, 08:55:16 AM »

The next zelda is a PC game
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-is-the-most-pc-nintendo-game-ever/

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2016, 09:08:12 AM »

Wow these PC bozos are ruining my Zelda!!11 thanks Zoenita Quinnkeesian Angry #noturgames
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic