Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:17:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAgatha Knife: A new Psychotic Adventure from Mango Protocol!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Agatha Knife: A new Psychotic Adventure from Mango Protocol!  (Read 14027 times)
pixelmeat
Level 0

@pixelmeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 08:23:30 AM »

@AnaGuillenFdez

Hey! It's nice to see you around here! How are things doing in Valencia?

Thank you for your feedback on the dialogue system, we'll look into your alternatives :D

Thanks for following! Will you be at Barcelona Games World? It'd be cool to see you again.

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »

I like the art style.  Smiley Having seen a lot of different ones, it's still nice to see that there are still "more" out there. Grin

You may thought about it already, but there are dialogue systems that change something visually for dialogue lines that have been visited (e.g. different background color).  If you have multiple branches, then showing which dialogue threads have been fully visited might be another option.
Depending on the type of dialogue system, you could have a "Skip dialogue" or (X) to close the dialogue button or perhaps even a "Step Back" button to go back to a previous line if the person already visited a line or made an incorrect choice.  Again, depending on the game, such "Step Back" feature could be used to explore all the alternatives and players may be able to abuse the system so limiting it to one "Step Back" might be another idea.

While the rest of the visuals look good, I wonder about the mouse.  It looks almost like a "default template" and somehow doesn't entirely match the style of the game.  Overall, it isn't that out of place, but I'd somehow prefer it to be different.  Could be a shape and color change or (as in other point and click games) using a hand/glove or other object/item that is relevant to the main character.  Just a subjective opinion of course. Smiley

Hmm ... is there a *good* reason why to put TL/DR at the end of something?  If a person is not going to read the text, then they won't see the TL/DR summary at the end anyways.  Have you ever watched a trailer after seeing a movie? Wink  (Actually, I have because there were a few movies where I intentionally wanted to avoid even the slightest bit of spoilers/plot twists/ect but I was going to watch those movies anyways Smiley )

AnaGuillenFdez
Level 0

Artist, interested in design too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2016, 12:46:35 PM »

@AnaGuillenFdez

Hey! It's nice to see you around here! How are things doing in Valencia?

Thank you for your feedback on the dialogue system, we'll look into your alternatives :D

Thanks for following! Will you be at Barcelona Games World? It'd be cool to see you again.

We are trying hard, but fine Smiley Yes, we will be at Barcelona Games World, we hope to see you too!

Afterglow 20.51: emotional synchronization on a paper train
@FdezGuillen - @NuggetTeamDev
jgg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2016, 09:38:44 AM »

@AnaGuillenFdez (I know you! Hi there! xD)

Regarding the dialogue interface, there are two ways to select a dialogue option: clicking the bubble, which seems to be what you intituitively did when you tried Agatha Knife, and clicking the white circle as you said before, so... this approach is already available but I guess you missed it, haha.

@io3 creations

The cursor matches the overall HUD art style (white and grey, simple shapes, comic style). And talking about its shape, we don't want to show the player in a very explicit way which entities of the environment are interactive. First, there are never too many interactive entities on screen, and second, we want the player to think instead of wander all around the world moving the mouse like a freak with no purpose in life but to check all available interactions (better leave it for a second playthrough? hahaha). So, we just change the cursor line from grey to black when over an interactive character or item. Some time ago we did some tests and that was the approach that better reconciles our design requirements (not too casual, not too hardcore, something subtle) with art direction (simple, uniform and clean).
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 10:01:37 AM »

@jgg Oh, I see!  I didn't even notice the grey mouse that blended in well with the cropped image near the top as I was scrolling down and spent more time on the images with the dialogue options.  That's why assumed that the mouse with the black outline is the current mouse look.
Yes, I agree that grey mouse is a good fit (much more subtle and different from the default o/s mouse black and white colors) and the black outline does help to get the player's attention when over interactive items.   Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

pixelmeat
Level 0

@pixelmeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 08:50:03 AM »

Hi everyone!

We released a new WIP trailer and we wanted to share it with you!

As always, let us know what you think :D

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 09:19:13 AM »

Hand Thumbs Up Right

AnaGuillenFdez
Level 0

Artist, interested in design too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2016, 02:26:09 PM »

I find the trailer really appealing, it quickly shows how funny and demential (in a good way) is going to be the game  Smiley

Afterglow 20.51: emotional synchronization on a paper train
@FdezGuillen - @NuggetTeamDev
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 03:00:23 PM »

Trailer looks nice.

Somehow it made me remember "The pig that wants to be eaten", by Julian Baggini.

Best of lucks, from Spaniard to Spaniard <3

Check the devlog for MONSTER PROM
And follow us on TWITTER
jandu
Level 0

JanduSoft - VideoGames Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 11:01:06 PM »

Mango Protocol have a great game and they are better persons. I will take a look at their game.

Best of lucks from JanduSoft.  Hand Metal Left

Hiboshi
Level 0

Having a coffee break

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2016, 01:28:59 AM »

I find the art very appealing and the game seems to have lots of nods to Spanish pop and TV culture (that "Awesome Sandro", LOL).

Also, custom engine, YAY! I understand the difficulties you may have come to. You are like a unicorn in this world full of Unity and similars.

Best regards to Mango Protocol! Also know that the candies you gave at Barcelona Games World were delicious!

jgg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2016, 08:48:32 AM »

Thanks for your support, guys!

@Hiboshi

We have lots of references, but not only Spanish pop and TV culture ones (in fact I think Sandro is the only Spanish one), but also international video games, music, comics, movies and anime, for example.

Check the Comic Sans store and let's see how many you can spot!

nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2016, 09:38:24 AM »

Quote from: jgg
movies and anime, for example.

I noticed this Evangelion reference a long time ago and forgot to mention it. Wink

EDIT: I just watched the trailer and I love the music, the writing, and the rich environments. In a way it reminds me of Daria!

I noticed there's a character in the clothes shop who looks like she's a transwoman? I hope you're planning on positive representation and not treating the subject matter like a joke, though. <3
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:46:36 AM by Nathy » Logged

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2016, 10:29:00 AM »

I approve of this.

pixelmeat
Level 0

@pixelmeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2017, 11:03:16 AM »

Hello everyone!

First of all, sorry for the absence. We've been incredibly busy juggling two games at a time. But hard work always pays!

Agatha Knife is on Greenlight!

Production wise, only achievements and localisation remain. The game has been tested and everything is looking good.

So, this is when I ask all of you to support us on Greenlight and vote for Agatha Knife if you think the game is worth your time. You can have a look at the

. It may convince you Smiley

I'll be back in a few weeks to talk about the launch, but I could give you some insights on the Greenlight if anyone is interested. As always, feel free to ask or comment on anything  you want, I'm always open to discuss any dev topics.

nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2017, 12:20:58 PM »

Voted on Greenlight! Good luck. Dunno if Greenlight insights at this point are very relevant, with the system getting scrapped in the near future.

next2indies
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2017, 01:36:43 AM »

¡Keep the good work! Voted of course Wink

Nugget Team
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2017, 03:22:24 AM »

YOU RULES! <3

Afterglow:  Emotional synchronization on a paper train.
@NuggetTeamDev - Facebook
TheWanderingBen
Level 1

Making Games Around the Globe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2017, 07:13:47 AM »

Posting to follow -- the art style looks great, and it's in a genre I love! Good luck guys  Toast Right

pixelmeat
Level 0

@pixelmeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2017, 09:40:00 AM »

We've been greenlit!

Hello everyone, we want to share our joy with you. If any of you took your time to support Agatha Knife on Greenlight, THANK YOU!  Beer!

Here's an image for you to see how this journey through the last days of Steam's community platform has been:

It's been rough, and we are almost certain that someone from the Greenlight team picked us up, because the visitors flow was evolving far from expected. It seems that someone has decided that some games really needed to be rescued from the flood.

Having said that, we are already working on all the Steam launch materials such as badges, achievements, trading cards and anything that can enrich the playing experience even more.

Agatha Knife will soon be amongst us, prepare your soul for Carnivorism!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic