Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 03:21:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 942 943 [944] 945 946 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327570 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18860 on: September 18, 2014, 08:08:46 AM »

Does anyone know how the hell do I buy a permanent license on PSN for a game I got for free on PS+? I got Dragons Dogma during one time it was on PS+ free games catalog, but now I want to purchase a permanent license (instead of one bound to my ps+ subcription), but the store wont let me, because it says I own it already.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #18861 on: September 18, 2014, 09:40:01 AM »

i think you'll have to wait until your ps plus subscription runs out. i mean it doesn't make a difference anyway. a ps plus license is not somehow "inferior" to a bought license other than the fact that it's bound to your subscription.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18862 on: September 18, 2014, 10:25:54 AM »

yeah, but i intend to eventually get rid of it and I cant preemptively purchase the games that were worthy of the ps+ "trial", like dragons dogma for example. plus i cant make use of the damn deals currently on (already missed a deal with plenty of smt gams).

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #18863 on: September 18, 2014, 03:43:54 PM »

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137447-Do-Consumers-Want-More-Women-in-Video-Games

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18864 on: September 18, 2014, 05:25:01 PM »

I'm really looking forward to seeing results on how different genres track with different groups (or perhaps how they don't track). I hypothesize there will be clear differences between males and females, and barely any difference for racial minorities (but maybe I'll be surprised!). I don't remember seeing a sexual preference question - it's odd they ask about how you feel about playing a different orientation but don't ask for orientation data. The same could be an issue for trans gamers, as the gender question doesn't distinguish between biological sex and gender. I would think there would be a skew of preferences (probably small) by orientation and transgender status. Or maybe they did ask those and I missed them?

All of the questions graded on 1-6 scales seem wonky to me, since on a few I wasn't sure if responding with a 1 meant I didn't care at all, or if it meant I was opposed to a thing. The questionnaire could have been much improved with fewer of those questions with more clear labels on each choice (eg, "I never consider x", "I only play games with x", "I'd pick x over y if all else was equal" instead of "I'd play x over y pick a number from 1-6"). The current setup is ripe for interpreting the intent of respondents to favor the side you prefer, especially if the result is a 3 or 4.

I'm reminded of an important lesson learned in business school - there is a huge difference between asking what people want, and what people will actually pay for. That could lead to an awkward situation where the poll overwhelmingly declares a minority group wants representation but a game produced with those minority characters sees little or no change in sales to that group.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18865 on: September 18, 2014, 07:39:53 PM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=897671
cloud, shinra and lifestream ... it all make sense now!

Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #18866 on: September 18, 2014, 10:05:58 PM »

I'm hoping this is some dum elaborate publicity stunt for a ff7 remake. One can only dream....

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #18867 on: September 18, 2014, 10:56:34 PM »

I'm really looking forward to seeing results on how different genres track with different groups (or perhaps how they don't track). I hypothesize there will be clear differences between males and females, and barely any difference for racial minorities (but maybe I'll be surprised!). I don't remember seeing a sexual preference question - it's odd they ask about how you feel about playing a different orientation but don't ask for orientation data. The same could be an issue for trans gamers, as the gender question doesn't distinguish between biological sex and gender. I would think there would be a skew of preferences (probably small) by orientation and transgender status. Or maybe they did ask those and I missed them?

All of the questions graded on 1-6 scales seem wonky to me, since on a few I wasn't sure if responding with a 1 meant I didn't care at all, or if it meant I was opposed to a thing. The questionnaire could have been much improved with fewer of those questions with more clear labels on each choice (eg, "I never consider x", "I only play games with x", "I'd pick x over y if all else was equal" instead of "I'd play x over y pick a number from 1-6"). The current setup is ripe for interpreting the intent of respondents to favor the side you prefer, especially if the result is a 3 or 4.
Agreed on both counts. I felt sort of weird answering 3 (somewhat disagree) or 4 (somewhat agree) to questions where I genuinely did not know my answer. The survey forces you to take a stance on every issue. I think it should have had an "I don't know" option.

Also yeah, it's weird that it doesn't let you pick an orientation. In my case, looking at just my race and gender gives a very misleading picture of who I am, and makes it look like I am well-represented when in fact my orientation has pretty much never been explored in any form of media.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18868 on: September 18, 2014, 11:32:36 PM »

i just ate two cup noodles' worth of ramen and i'm still hungry. and i have less than 5 dollars in my bank account. and i have to stay up 12 hours to rapidly finish the sprites for a thing. Welcome to Hell

EDIT: GOD I HATE ISOMETRY
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:37:10 AM by spellmynamewithabang » Logged

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18869 on: September 19, 2014, 02:19:20 PM »

hey I just went about 40 hours on 10 minutes of sleep writing an essay because I'm a terrible procrastinator

I can emphasize

how much I empathize

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18870 on: September 19, 2014, 02:28:53 PM »

when will we learn

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #18871 on: September 20, 2014, 10:52:09 AM »

never

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
jiitype
« Reply #18872 on: September 20, 2014, 12:18:18 PM »

I learned
Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #18873 on: September 20, 2014, 01:44:54 PM »

Liar

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18874 on: September 20, 2014, 01:49:16 PM »

http://blog.beforemario.com/2014/09/a-bit-more-news-about-before-mario-book.html

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #18875 on: September 20, 2014, 08:35:42 PM »

Got a Saturn recently. It was a much better decision than I thought it would be. It is like having a whole other set of classics I have never played.

Think happy thoughts.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18876 on: September 23, 2014, 04:14:21 AM »

i need to get buff

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18877 on: September 23, 2014, 09:55:11 AM »

http://laboratorium.net/archive/2014/09/23/facebook_and_okcupids_experiments_were_illegal

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18878 on: September 24, 2014, 12:45:45 AM »

Hi all
I'm looking for a website wich list free indie game festivals

You gonna say , google the whole shit
The problem is there i always find IGF and indie cade festival in the end (or boston festival somethin )

In anime we have that site
http://www.animation-festivals.com/animation-festivals-free-to-submit/

Is there a videogame website equivalent ?

Thanks

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #18879 on: September 24, 2014, 02:47:14 AM »

I didn't click that link, but I found this as the fourth Google result, and it's pretty comprehensive: http://www.pixelprospector.com/indie-game-competitions/
Pages: 1 ... 942 943 [944] 945 946 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic