Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411803 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 11:54:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1323 1324 [1325] 1326 1327 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2335853 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #26480 on: December 17, 2016, 05:48:20 AM »

derpest lore
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26481 on: December 17, 2016, 07:54:51 AM »

I loved Duck Tales , i heard the remake is in 3D ?

Is there some images to look at

Anyway i just launched my patreon for the interested people
https://www.patreon.com/airman4

Will serve some HD art , WIP , animated gif and ask any questions or art/movie(that i have done ) requests.(requests should be personal and dont request me to create a full 2d movie of 2 hours + )

Tell me if something is off already (it's my first patreon try )

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #26482 on: December 17, 2016, 07:57:45 AM »

It's one of my favorite character, he is totally a american capitalist dream cartoon, even with it's softer side, he's a colonialist (read adventurer that pillage old tomb of other culture, he inspired indiana jones after all) who started poor and got rich through hardwork and greed, money is irrelevant as power, it's a validation of its person (the symbol of having broke free from his original condition) and have a collectionner relation with it (the fetishization of his first coin), his main struggle (aka the soft side) is to balance familly and his obsession with validating his self (aka accumulating money). The great thing about Scrooge is that his relation to money is not the typical rich guy behavior, in his head scrooge is still poor, his money pinching behavior is the same than in poor condition, it must not be waste into frivolous comfort, his materialism is very utilitarian, he just buy what's necessary and not more, unlike his rival in money (which I don't know the name in english, but gripsou and flairsou in french). Not being in for power and comfort help make scrooge closer to people's condition, he is rich but still has concern of poor people, that's what makes it relatable.

Fun fact donald duck isn't much different in personality traits, he has inherited a lot of the same than scrooge, but he is often shown to start impossible task, being successful at it with great talent, then one main absurd events collapse it all, we see lament itself and give up. Scrooge have focus, he only want oe thing, whenever he fails he just start again, that's the main difference. But that's why they are a dynamic duo!

It's one of my favorite character but I didn't grew up capitalist on contrary lol, I wonder effectively if the new direction will take that into account, lol, ,so far concept art make emphasis on adventuring.

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26483 on: December 17, 2016, 08:00:33 AM »

It's one of my favorite character, he is totally a american capitalist dream cartoon, even with it's softer side, he's a colonialist (read adventurer that pillage old tomb of other culture, he inspired indiana jones after all) who started poor and got rich through hardwork and greed, money is irrelevant as power, it's a validation of its person (the symbol of having broke free from his original condition) and have a collectionner relation with it (the fetishization of his first coin), his main struggle (aka the soft side) is to balance familly and his obsession with validating his self (aka accumulating money). The great thing about Scrooge is that his relation to money is not the typical rich guy behavior, in his head scrooge is still poor, his money pinching behavior is the same than in poor condition, it must not be waste into frivolous comfort, his materialism is very utilitarian, he just buy what's necessary and not more, unlike his rival in money (which I don't know the name in english, but gripsou and flairsou in french). Not being in for power and comfort help make scrooge closer to people's condition, he is rich but still has concern of poor people, that's what makes it relatable.

Fun fact donald duck isn't much different in personality traits, he has inherited a lot of the same than scrooge, but he is often shown to start impossible task, being successful at it with great talent, then one main absurd events collapse it all, we see lament itself and give up. Scrooge have focus, he only want oe thing, whenever he fails he just start again, that's the main difference. But that's why they are a dynamic duo!

It's one of my favorite character but I didn't grew up capitalist on contrary lol, I wonder effectively if the new direction will take that into account, lol, ,so far concept art make emphasis on adventuring.

By the way Trump first name is Donald lmao
Will see if trump help the poor

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #26484 on: December 17, 2016, 08:17:53 AM »

piss
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26485 on: December 17, 2016, 08:22:29 AM »

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
_glitch
« Reply #26486 on: December 17, 2016, 08:26:47 AM »

Roses are red
Candles drip wax
Man trades baby for 15 Big Macs
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26487 on: December 18, 2016, 03:13:38 AM »

game theory: is notch scrooge mcduck?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #26488 on: December 18, 2016, 03:26:21 AM »

scrooge mcduck is dead in the major masks split timeline imo
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26489 on: December 18, 2016, 03:44:12 AM »

the joke is that it's actually a really solid album

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #26490 on: December 18, 2016, 11:22:45 AM »

Yes hello I'm failing a course in college by one percent and need to turn in all the homework I missed in that course in order to be able to ask for a passing grade. I'm basically taking a mini english course right now, because all the homework I didn't do was about learning various english writing principles and grammar stuff. This sucks ok bye you can go back to talking about scrooge the mcdonald duck.

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26491 on: December 18, 2016, 11:42:39 AM »

Sorry to hear that, man. Sad Your English is pretty good though, so I believe that you will succeed.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #26492 on: December 18, 2016, 12:03:23 PM »

t scrooge the mcdonald duck.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #26493 on: December 18, 2016, 01:42:42 PM »

My favorite Donald Duck plot twist is when rewatching the cartoon became an inextricable part of Swedish christmas tradition

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26494 on: December 18, 2016, 11:41:12 PM »

Mine is when Donald became a fairly popular and big budget Italian superhero comic that people have barely heard of in the homeland of superheroes and Donald duck

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #26495 on: December 19, 2016, 01:52:25 AM »

In the early stories, Paperinik was not actually a superhero, but an anti-hero vindicator inspired by Diabolik and Fantômas.

italians sure love their antiheroes lol
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26496 on: December 19, 2016, 03:16:12 AM »

how the fuk did Donald Duck become Paolino Paperino in Italia?
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26497 on: December 19, 2016, 04:47:04 AM »

I dont know where to ask (honestly) and doesnt need a thread i think so

What is to you the biggest HTML5 games store up there ?

I didnt knew html5 went that huge
It have store like steam , apple and such ?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #26498 on: December 19, 2016, 05:12:15 AM »

how the fuk did Donald Duck become Paolino Paperino in Italia?

Back when Donald Duck was first translated, translators still took a lot more liberties. Most of the characters are named completely differently in german too (tho Donald keeps his name). For example:

Scrooge = Dagobert
Huey Dewey & Louie = Tick Trick & Track
Beagle Boys = Panzerknacker ("safe crackers")
Gyro Gearloose = Daniel Düsentrieb

etc. etc.

The German translations, done by Erika Fuchs are actually pretty legendary for their "poetic" wordplay and including (sometimes very highbrow) references and quotes that weren't in the original texts. She is one of the main reasons I'm such a strong defender of unfaithful translations btw.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26499 on: December 19, 2016, 05:35:25 AM »

i'm usually surprised for neutral names like Donald to be changed in other languages , as for Tintin which is Kuifje in dutch , seriously wtf is Kuifje? lol

But most translations makes sense as they include wordplay as you said.

The German translations, done by Erika Fuchs are actually pretty legendary for their "poetic" wordplay and including (sometimes very highbrow) references and quotes that weren't in the original texts. She is one of the main reasons I'm such a strong defender of unfaithful translations btw.
Thanks for the reference!
Pages: 1 ... 1323 1324 [1325] 1326 1327 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic