Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:54:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPachakutiq - gratuitous 2D animation, with updated spelling
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Pachakutiq - gratuitous 2D animation, with updated spelling  (Read 47092 times)
tjpalmer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2017, 02:29:53 PM »

Thanks for the reply. Good luck with all of it!

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2017, 06:52:32 AM »

Thanks for the reply. Good luck with all of it!

Hey, no worries, I really do appreciate the feedback :-) My first objective is of course to get the game done, but then if time and situation allows, I'll polish it to the extent of my abilities so it's the best it can be, so all thoughts and considerations help, even if it's food for thought for a few years from now! :-D

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2017, 11:12:14 PM »

New week, new progress gif!

Progress is currently going just fine, though I'm starting to tire a little. Might need to rest a bit, but otherwise, still on track with the current planning.

Also, those gfycat names keep on giving. "Daring Yawning Catfish" should definitely be the title of a game, or at least the design for a character somewhere!

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2017, 12:31:30 AM »

You know what's coming... progress gif!

We're at week 6 of the animation cleanup, and this was hands down the most straining week so far since I threw my back last sunday and spent a couple of days almost unable to sit for more than a half hour straight. Still pulled through somehow, with a bit of rest and lots of herbal tea. We're at 3/4 of the Acrobat's moveset! I'm starting to wonder if I won't do quick another pass of polish/fix over a few anims with a fresher eye once they're all done before color, we'll see.

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2017, 10:26:25 PM »

New saturday, new animation cleanup progress gif!

This is basically the "walk cycle edition", and it's probably the one with the most differences with the original sketch anims - the regular walk animation, specificically, has been completely redone, and all others have been touched up or changed a bit.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2017, 01:33:26 AM »

how;s your back now?
Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2017, 02:35:47 AM »

how;s your back now?

Oh, thanks a lot for asking/caring! It's much better now, basically back to neutral state :-)

Longer explanation: I'm missing a hernial disk, which makes me prone to having these kinds of problems (as I have for the past 10 years or so, but I only cared to understand why much later). It's usually not a problem, it just leads to increased potential/frequency of lumbago flareups compared to healthy backs (and most already are at great risk because of the increased time we spent sitting for our jobs). I'm actually much better these days than a couple of years ago, when I didn't know what was causing the back pains and didn't take steps to address them (basically, constant diet+daily back exercise+don't provoke the beast). I'm only experiencing those flareups a couple of times a year now, compared to the beginning of Honey's development :-D Just have to know the signs and be careful!

TL,DR: daily exercise should be a part of every gamedev routine, back issues or no, as back pain will likely affect most of us eventually unless proper care and habits are taken EARLY (I'd consider 15-20y old late even though trouble won't start then). Don't wait until it's too late to start caring!

TheArtistJiii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2017, 08:31:07 PM »

Excellent animations as always.

"I'm Jiii" -Jiii
Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2017, 12:15:06 AM »

Excellent animations as always.

Glad to hear all that time spent is paying off :-D Thanks a lot!

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2017, 02:21:38 AM »

So, I've got some pretty important news to share!

A few weeks past, I did an animation test for Lab Zero without actually expecting much, and it turns out to have worked, as I've been offered a chance to help out on Indivisible.

Unfortunately that means my work on Pacha will be slowed significantly - if I can, I'll still work on it, but I'll evidently have a lot less time than before, so we probably should brace for progress to slow to a crawl.
Still, I think (and I hope you'll agree) that's an awesome opportunity, both for me to participate on a project that looks to be great, and for Pacha to come out way better in the end, as working with Lab Zero should prove to be invaluable experience and learning opportunities.

So yeah, Pacha goes dormant for a little while, I don't know exactly how long, but it's for a very good reason! :-D If I get the chance to work on it in the near future, I'll still post progress as usual (planning for it is still 100% focused on animation, so there's that to look forward to!)

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2017, 02:22:20 AM »

holy SHIT

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2017, 02:27:42 AM »

holy SHIT

That was about my reaction when I got the mail, yeah :-D

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2017, 05:42:10 AM »

That's pretty cool, congratulations!

Good luck with Lab Zero but don't let Pacha die! Smiley

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2017, 06:25:52 AM »

so freaking awesome, Congratulations!
Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2017, 07:07:10 AM »

That's pretty cool, congratulations!

Good luck with Lab Zero but don't let Pacha die! Smiley

Oh, you don't have to worry about that :-D Pacha isn't going anywhere, and in fact will hopefully end up even better with that new experience!

so freaking awesome, Congratulations!

Much appreciated, thanks a lot :-D

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2017, 08:03:50 AM »

Shocked Good luck man, it's an amazing news!

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2017, 09:18:52 AM »

Shocked Good luck man, it's an amazing news!

Indeed! I hope I'll be up to the task/challenge :-D Thanks a ton!

subliminalman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2017, 12:56:00 PM »

Congrats on the new gig but this game also looks ridiculously awesome!

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2017, 11:54:07 PM »

Congrats on the new gig but this game also looks ridiculously awesome!

Haha, thanks a lot, though as I said above, there's nothing to worry about, Pacha isn't going anywhere - in fact, this may be the perfect chance to make it even better in the long run, or so I hope :-)

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2017, 10:29:17 PM »

Week 8 of the animation clean-up plan!

That's it for the Acrobat moveset, or at least her current one (barring all later mechanics additions and emotional/one-off/plot animations, but that still should cover most/all of her core moveset). That means it's time to move on to the Warrior's moveset, before going back and coloring them both, meaning it's still going to take a while (especially considering the posts above), but it's still a significant milestone, so yay, progress!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic