Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411913 Posts in 69430 Topics- by 58477 Members - Latest Member: KriegsHetzer

June 10, 2024, 08:20:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGlum Buster
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Glum Buster  (Read 27940 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2009, 07:26:29 AM »

I agree, but it's always possible he'll read it here too. I did link him to this thread (and the tigsource.com and indiegames.com/blog reviews), so he does know they exist.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2009, 07:28:07 AM »

As an aside, it's really a pity that there are only like 16 donations so far. I kind of expected he'd get more than that. I see he reduced the target donation from 100 per 1% change to 25 per 1% change.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2009, 07:50:23 AM »

I'll be donating for sure.

Movius
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2009, 08:13:57 AM »

he'd get more money if just asked for cash like a normal person and then went and donated whatever he wanted.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2009, 08:19:27 AM »

It's a free game. The charity statistics are quite confusing. If there were a "for each sale, I'm donating to a charity" sign instead of all the technical mumbo jumbo that most people will just skim over, I think he would get more people. The message isn't really clear right now.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2009, 08:48:09 AM »

I agree that the charityware thing is a bit too confusing. I was curious about it, but couldn't bother understanding it and just downloaded the game. I'm definitely donating once I'm done playing, though. He could just mention a percentage of the ammount he'd get donated that he'd donate to charity.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2009, 09:19:39 AM »

I agree that it's a bit wordy, and told him that (he apparently edited it recently to make it clearer, but it's still about 2 pages of text, which I think is unnecessary). But it's not that hard to understand either, I reworded it for him in a single sentence, that went something like this: "For the first 25 donations, I give 51% of that to the Starlight Foundation. For the next 25, 52%, and so on up till 99%." And I recommended he replace all that text with just something like that.

Fuzz
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2009, 12:40:57 AM »

I agree that it's a bit wordy, and told him that (he apparently edited it recently to make it clearer, but it's still about 2 pages of text, which I think is unnecessary). But it's not that hard to understand either, I reworded it for him in a single sentence, that went something like this: "For the first 25 donations, I give 51% of that to the Starlight Foundation. For the next 25, 52%, and so on up till 99%." And I recommended he replace all that text with just something like that.

Yeah, that would probably work fine. It seems like people are donating larger amounts than expected, as his charity goal for this round has been exceeded even though it's only at 20/25.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2009, 03:47:46 AM »

I donated $20 today.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2009, 03:59:31 AM »

I donated $10 on the first day. I may donate more after I actually finish the game (I'm still on world 3 or something). I'm also trying to make an unofficial video trailer for the game to help its promotion, but that'll probably take a while.

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2009, 04:56:28 AM »

good game.
reminded me to some degree of the cleaner and seiklus.

well....what to do here?

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
ortoslon
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2009, 05:01:33 AM »

@AuthenticKaizen: Get the white dot. It's to the left of grasshopper on your screenshot.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2009, 05:49:41 AM »

I just finished Door Two. Ah-Mazing! Not only was it gorgeous, and clever, but the areas were so well designed. Little touches here and there ensuring you didn't have to backtrack without reason or waste time. Aww boy. It's wonderful that it looks and sounds the way it does. It's wonderful that not only do you explore areas, but you explore new ways to interact with each area, and new ways to use your ostensibly simple controls.

This game, this game is one of those "Discover Independent Gaming" games. Like Akuji, or Cave Story, or Seiklus, or The Cleaner, or Iji, or... well, you get the idea. Don't need to list 'em all. Really stands on its own, with its own distinct style, and ideas and feel. Special. I've still got more to go, too!  Smiley

Cosmind, well done!

/Gush.
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2009, 07:31:05 AM »

@AuthenticKaizen: Get the white dot. It's to the left of grasshopper on your screenshot.

thanks  Smiley

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
linger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2009, 09:25:52 AM »

I donated 7.31 USD, because that was all I had left in my monthy Luxury Items budget.

So if we really wanted to optimize the system to raise the charity factor, in each round, once the charity target was met, we'd make lots of small .01 cent donations to bring it to the next round, right? Thinking about in a min/maxing way.

Anways, I've been thinking about how to describe Glum Buster in terms of previous games, and I was thinking "Yume Nikki + Seiklus with the control scheme of Noitu Love 2."
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2009, 09:33:09 AM »

PayPal doesn't allow you to make 0.01 donations, I believe. The fee for the transaction exceeds the transaction, so if you made a 0.01 donation you'd actually be *losing* money for either you or Justin. PayPal takes around 2% + 30 cents or something, so if you transfer a dollar around 68 cents gets through.

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2009, 08:21:48 PM »

Donated 10 bucks. Gods I love world 4. I'd have played a whole game just with that aesthetic and atmosphere. Kiss

astrospoon
Level 4

Andy Hull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2009, 08:27:06 PM »

I'm going to keep playing this. (I'm through the first world and part way into the rusty robot puppet world.) Nothing so far has really impressed me, though it isn't terrible either. It is obviously competent... I just don't see the "magic"

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2009, 08:30:33 PM »

It's not for everybody. I assume the people that see magic in it are atmosphere nuts. Like me.

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2009, 08:43:12 PM »

It's not for everybody. I assume the people that see magic in it are atmosphere nuts. Like me.
And me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic