Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 03:18:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGlum Buster
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Glum Buster  (Read 27787 times)
cravesoft
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2009, 01:02:02 PM »

I'm not sure which room you mean, but try the blue mouse button, that seems to do the trick for a lot of the black enemies in terms of getting them to reveal themselves. If you could post a screenshot or something of what room exactly you mean I'd be able to give more specific tips.

OK, here's a screenshot:

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2009, 01:05:07 PM »

That's weird, I don't actually remember that place, and I *did* finish the first two chapters (the first two doors on the "worldmap" screen anyway). I'll go back into the game and go into the second door to see if I'm just forgetting it. Or perhaps the game is just weird and randomly shuffles the levels around for different people Smiley

Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »

I never tried to get the bird in the cage. I think that's just there to prepare for the future. You should be able to just shoot the enemies with the bird and then go through the portal to the left.
cravesoft
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2009, 01:12:37 PM »

Thanks! I solved it by following your advices. My journey will now resume. Gentleman
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2009, 02:19:32 PM »

that screen is actually from through the third door.

Kenju
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2009, 02:55:10 PM »

I have my own need of help.

Door 2, the first room of the 2nd part, how do I get up to that little white glowy-guy up there?

CK
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2009, 03:06:08 PM »

this is beauty Gentleman

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »

Agreed. This is rather outstanding! As someone said before, The Cleaner's influence is obvious, but it's a very different game. Simply exploring feels good. Getting nice, new hats. I currently wear a bunch of flowers. I'm a thinking this one's going to be a little bit of a classic.

My only gripe is that, as so far (and no, we haven't finished it yet) there doesn't seem to be a story driving me forward. More a string of dream-like sequences. The atmosphere is enough, to be sure, but still...

Also, Rinku, nice front page review. If I hadn't already downloaded it, I would be intrigued.

Finally, who IS this Cosmind? His first game, you say? Bravo!
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2009, 05:06:19 PM »

Thanks, I hope the review got more people to play it.

This is his first game maker / indie game, yes, but he actually is also a professional / mainstream game dev by day, in a studio in Texas. I don't actually know what games that team is responsible for though. I think edenb told me one once, but I don't remember its name offhand. I haven't played it, but didn't strike me as anything spectacular when I read about it, but that's kind of expected since mainstream games often have publishers controlling what you can do with them.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2009, 05:08:30 PM »

Door 2, the first room of the 2nd part, how do I get up to that little white glowy-guy up there?

I don't actually remember that part either (although I'm sure I solved it), but I'll go back and play that level soon if you can't solve it. If it's the first room of the second part, you may need to do something with the clouds, since they're the main mechanic in that area. Realize that some clouds produce second platforms, which you can direct since they move toward the mouse.

ChevyRay
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2009, 05:19:45 PM »

His first self-released game. He's actually a commercial game designer, and has worked on several titles, one of which is a fantastic DS game that comes out this summer.
undertech
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2009, 05:29:42 PM »

When the grasshopper guy fell into bits after helping me get up there, I was deeply saddened. I wonder what that means?

No good deed goes unpunished?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2009, 05:31:14 PM »

Whenever a grasshopper dies, another takes its place -- maybe even the same one. So I don't think it's much of a tragic death if you're immediately replaced by your clone.

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2009, 05:45:35 PM »

His first self-released game. He's actually a commercial game designer, and has worked on several titles, one of which is a fantastic DS game that comes out this summer.

Aaaah, very good. That DS game looks rather cool, too. Anyways, a first self-published game is still special!

Thanks Chief.
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2009, 06:26:36 PM »

This game is really great. Cosmind did a fantastic job

Kenju
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2009, 06:29:02 PM »

I don't actually remember that part either (although I'm sure I solved it), but I'll go back and play that level soon if you can't solve it. If it's the first room of the second part, you may need to do something with the clouds, since they're the main mechanic in that area. Realize that some clouds produce second platforms, which you can direct since they move toward the mouse.

Thanks. I didn't think the level would loop around back to that room. I got past it now.

....But now I'm stuck at the 4th door are when you get the ghost from a bell. :c

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2009, 06:33:27 PM »

I'm not that far yet -- still on the third door.

Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2009, 06:36:48 PM »

Thanks. I didn't think the level would loop around back to that room. I got past it now.

....But now I'm stuck at the 4th door are when you get the ghost from a bell. :c
hint: lots of things follow your mouse.
hint 2: Look at the ground.
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2009, 10:12:45 PM »

(Picture)
It should become clear after you play through the next few rooms.
Use geysers after you get back from raising the water level.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2009, 02:13:31 PM »

Yay I beat it!
Now I need to go back and collect all the yellow things (I got 151 of them) and I'm pretty sure I'm missing a butterfly or two. Also missing four masks, but I know exactly which they are.

This game is made of win. Coffee

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic