Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:32:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesthread for talking about Nier: Automata
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: thread for talking about Nier: Automata  (Read 18365 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2017, 11:48:07 PM »

ha ha ha, just thought about "romeos and juliets" for the first time after initially thinking it was just a funny joke. good writing.
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2017, 12:16:29 AM »

I think 2B is really cute. This isn't a good opinion to have in 2017, but I will keep playing this game over and over for the robot women, who are my friends.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2017, 07:00:47 AM »

This game has turned me into a squealing Yoko Taro fanboy

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2017, 07:03:12 AM »

Has your view on game development matured over the years as you've gotten older?
When I was young, I had one wish from the bottom of my heart: "I wish all the useless and controlling elders of the gaming industry would die so I can create a game that I like!" Now that I have fulfilled my dream to "create a game that I like," there's not much left for me to do. However, because I don't have much else to do now, I am clinging onto my job as a game director. In a way, I'm just living out of habit now. And now, I have become that troublesome elder that I hated when I was young. Like a demon king in an RPG, I feel like I'm clinging to my castle of authority all alone and waiting for a new hero to come slay me.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2017, 09:36:36 AM »

ha ha ha, just thought about "romeos and juliets" for the first time after initially thinking it was just a funny joke. good writing.
yeah i think finding that was the moment i really fell in love with this game

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2017, 09:52:48 AM »

Joe what did you mean by saying that Nightcrawler "whips"
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2017, 09:57:19 AM »

Joe what did you mean by saying that Nightcrawler "whips"
it cranks. It slays.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2017, 10:30:55 AM »

Humans are paradoxical
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2017, 10:50:24 AM »

Has your view on game development matured over the years as you've gotten older?
When I was young, I had one wish from the bottom of my heart: "I wish all the useless and controlling elders of the gaming industry would die so I can create a game that I like!" Now that I have fulfilled my dream to "create a game that I like," there's not much left for me to do. However, because I don't have much else to do now, I am clinging onto my job as a game director. In a way, I'm just living out of habit now. And now, I have become that troublesome elder that I hated when I was young. Like a demon king in an RPG, I feel like I'm clinging to my castle of authority all alone and waiting for a new hero to come slay me.

this is a good opinion to have

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2017, 02:39:00 PM »

i just want to talk about why this moment in particular is brilliant, and the game is way more economical than the first in that it reframes so much once you actually learn stuff within the world without actually needing extra dialogue or whatever like the first game

at first i just thought it was a funny joke, and i laughed. thinking on it further i thought it was just these moronic disposable robots that are constantly killing and dying interpreting human culture through their own experience.

the next thought is like oh, ha ha, this is some shallow ass foreshadowing about how multiple versions of the girl murder multiple versions of the man. they experience killing as love or whatever the fuck that stupid bullshit was.

but then actually it turns out that the network built its understanding of human behaviour from data from "the first gestalt", which is nier, the copy of a person that was a hulking retard who couldn't stop committing murders in the name of love and caused global extinction accidentally. the guy in the crowd who's like Ah, Hrmm. A rousing commentary on the human condition or whatever isn't just another joke, it's literally the most blatant and only conclusion they could draw
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2017, 04:02:15 PM »

there are a lot of subtle and very good jokes that balance taro's ability to do whimsy and absolute pitch black misery about the larger canon of the nier saga very well in this game, yes,

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2017, 04:52:49 PM »

I loved the lunar tear questline, it was just the right mix of massive amounts of backstory between the two games, ridiculous humor, touching and beautiful, sad as all holy fuck with a sadness/depressing level of 11 on a scale of 10, and fucking stupid.

seriously, you can describe it without any spoilers because that quest is just...beyond explanation.

-Fuzzy Spider
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2017, 12:28:53 AM »

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2017, 05:32:16 PM »

ABCDE+. 

Lots of thoughts. Even some feelings. This is easily one of my favorite games, though.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2017, 07:37:12 PM »

did like five hours of sidequests today and actually enjoyed myself a lot. all the incidental writing in this game is so friggin' good.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2017, 10:01:37 PM »

I think 2B is really cute. This isn't a good opinion to have in 2017, but I will keep playing this game over and over for the robot women, who are my friends.

there is no feasible reason for this to not be a good opinion to have unless you're so frightened by horniness that you assume backlash even where none exists, or confuse discourse about representation and objectification with "horniness is bad"

anyway damn man i need to play this video game
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:37:44 AM by rj™ » Logged

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2017, 12:29:17 AM »

I want to make every game 100% more horny, and this is a pretty horny game!

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2017, 12:52:45 AM »

I want to make every game 100% more horny, and this is a pretty horny game!
Simply put, we need to go lewder.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2017, 12:54:05 AM »

Route C spoilers: READ THE MOOD

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2017, 01:07:04 AM »

My only 2 real gripes with this gam

1. the overworldworld isnt very well designed. not only do the environments look pretty bland, there are a fuckload of invisible walls and lots of places that look like you could get to them but can't. that  mmade it unnecessarily difficult to find my around and the intentionally vague minimap didnt help much. this is less of a problem once u put 40hrs into the game and know where everything is, but its still annoying.

2. the difficulty modes are unbalanced as shit. normal is almost trivially easy and on hard almost everything oneshots you. i ended up playin on normal because i care more about the story than getting stuck on a boss for hours but it'd be nice to have a middle ground there.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic