Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411803 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 06:30:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDante's Inferno
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
Print
Author Topic: Dante's Inferno  (Read 53488 times)
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2009, 06:15:22 PM »

The good thing about this groundbreaking game is that now that EA has started a trend of creating games out of books completely ill suited to doing so, we can finally have Gravity's Rainbow: The Game made properly as a hardcore realistic WWII FPS, nazi slaughtering and all.

As a fresh, patriotic young cadet with no personality issues, can you save America from the Germans?
This would be totally awesome. Hey, let's make the next TIGCompo a "Lost In Translation" so this guy here make his swell idea a reality.
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2009, 12:16:57 AM »

Divine Comedy is weak pants. Let's get a team together and make William Blake's SONGS OF INNOCENCE AND EXPERIENCE.

Thrill to the titillating song of THE NURSE!

Kill the TIGER!

Running low on BARD VISION DUST? Knock over a few CHIMBLEY SWEEPS and steal their angelic voices!

|
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2009, 12:36:45 AM »

Kill the TIGER!
With a flamethrower?

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2009, 02:46:50 AM »

Watership Down as done in the style of Cannon Fodder.
mewse
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2009, 03:07:06 AM »

Oddly relevant satire

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/blockbuster_mining.png
ForteDante
Level 0

:D

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2009, 03:42:12 AM »

http://kotaku.com/5322216/ea-provides-girls-asks-gamers-to-sin-to-win

Facepalm

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2009, 05:59:20 AM »

That's pretty old; I think how it ended is way funnier.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2009, 07:01:45 AM »

Wasn't it Midway who was the champion of bad PR stunts? Or was it Acclaim?

EA basically doesn't give a shit. This generated publicity for the game, and bad or good publicity doesn't matter, they just want the name being spoken by everyone in the net and out.

The best way to fight this kind of shit off is to not even speak of it.

Yes, I'm aware of the irony of posting about something I'm saying shouldn't be posted about. It's one of those funny things about life.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2009, 07:09:20 AM »

I like interesting marketing campaigns, it holds my attention way better then a lame banner ad, or "eye exploders" or whatever those stupid pop-in things are called.

Check the latest salvo:
Kotaku

Edit: I think EA's Stunt would've been more interesting if they used money orders instead of cheques.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2009, 01:25:37 PM »

I like interesting marketing campaigns, it holds my attention way better then a lame banner ad, or "eye exploders" or whatever those stupid pop-in things are called.

Check the latest salvo:
Kotaku

Edit: I think EA's Stunt would've been more interesting if they used money orders instead of cheques.

I would have liked to seen crecente cash it and give it to charity himself.

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »

http://kotaku.com/5378330/and-the-oscar-nominated-writer-goes-to-dantes-inferno
 Facepalm

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2009, 05:03:09 PM »

"Taking such a naturally rich and deep universe and adapting for the video game has been one of the most interesting and challenging projects I've worked on," added Will Rokos. "I really got into re-imagining Dante as a flawed hero with a dark past, and his determination to save the love of his life from a terrible fate. It was a truly unique experience to re-create one man's hell, one circle at a time."

aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2009, 05:11:26 PM »

"Taking such a naturally rich and deep universe and adapting for the video game has been one of the most interesting and challenging projects I've worked on," added Will Rokos. "I really got into re-imagining Mario as a flawed hero in a strange world, and his determination to save the Princess from a terrible fate. It was a truly unique experience to re-create one plumber's journey, one level at a time."

fixed it for you.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2009, 07:59:01 PM »

Dante is an ex marine with a dark past, and when his wife and son are kidnapped by iranian-italian maffia thugs, he goes down into the deepest pits of hell to kick ass and save the day, armed with his cigar and a M16.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
The-Imp
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2009, 08:53:07 PM »

a flawed hero with a dark past
This is what the gods of character design come up with, it's new its Edgy and its totally cool man.

Oh wait- what do you mean this has been done before? I'm pretty sure you can't name at least 5 characters like that!
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2009, 09:24:47 PM »

Hey everybody! Let's collectively renounce something we've only seen a paragraph summary about!

This is fucking awesome! We should do this more often!
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2009, 09:57:10 PM »

Hey everybody! Let's collectively renounce something we've only seen a paragraph summary about!

naw we've seen more than that. did you see the whole thread? the video interview was the clincher, though i think that might be a dead link now.

PlayMeTape
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2009, 05:01:21 AM »

Deeming the whole 8 pages of this thread TL;DR, I vouch for making a GTA clone based on James Joyce'w novel "Ulysses", in which you play Leopold Bloom, constantly drunk Irish gangster, cruisin' the streets of Dublin in stolen cars and drive-by shooting random people.  Beer!

Haha, how glorious would that be!?!
PaleFox
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2009, 06:30:49 AM »

Deeming the whole 8 pages of this thread TL;DR, I vouch for making a GTA clone based on James Joyce'w novel "Ulysses", in which you play Leopold Bloom, constantly drunk Irish gangster, cruisin' the streets of Dublin in stolen cars and drive-by shooting random people.  Beer!

In deeming the thread tl;dr, you have missed my post where I suggested exactly that. Curses!
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2009, 07:03:32 AM »

naw we've seen more than that. did you see the whole thread? the video interview was the clincher, though i think that might be a dead link now.

you know better, don't interrupt his self-righteous indignation / superiority complex with lies about imaginary interviews D:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic