Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411804 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 11:33:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesign[GAME PITCH] Grief.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [GAME PITCH] Grief.  (Read 1184 times)
LouisBrierley
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2017, 02:10:37 AM »

I just dreamt this up - literally dreamt. I'd love to hear if any devs are interested - I have no programming experience, but I'm a professional writer.

>Your parents just died in a car crash, and you move to your aunt's/uncle's in the humble village of Grief.
>Basically a single road bordered by houses and shops.
>Everyone's pleasant and sympathetic, if a little weird. No-one wants to hurt you, nobody is evil.
>You can explore, and most doors and unlocked since it's such an open community. You can talk to people, ask for jobs etc - with the overall goal of earning enough for an apartment in the big city.
>BUT - the town has a curse. Grief manifests physically in its residents, in a variety of ways. When family members die, people generally lock themselves indoors, food delivers to their window, until the grief passes.
>The village has an overall 'Grief Meter' determined by true travesties. As it rises, your everyday tasks get harder due to the changing environment. Cars speed down the central road, ignoring lights, so even crossing takes tight timing. As your jobs often put you in charge of people's precious things - walking dogs, caring for the elderly, etc - you can become implicit in people's grief. It can quickly spiral out of control, like a big domino effect.
>Each game randomly generates grief events for the whole town - from something as petty as a favourite team losing up to a village elder dying; things that affect everyone.
>Of course, if you directly cause someone's grief, expect to be hunted. If Mr Johnson's cat dies while you're meant to be feeding it - the cat gifted to him by his dying wife - he undergoes a Thing-like transformation and tries to kill you. Of course, if HE loses it, the village 'cleaning team' moves in the next day to incinerate his house. Up goes the Grief Meter.
>Gameplay revolves around walking a careful line, keeping people happy, etc.

Feel free to post extra ideas, to tighten the concept. I imagine it as a top-down RPG-type thing.
Gypopothomas
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 01:14:39 AM »

Where's the game then?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic