Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411494 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58434 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 11:44:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMinecraft (alpha)
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Minecraft (alpha)  (Read 1321498 times)
Riley Adams
Level 5

I don't actually use Ubuntu much...

View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: October 30, 2010, 01:58:40 PM »

Just try a couple times, the update downloaded just fine for me (mc.net is super slow, but I think you download the actual files from amazon cloud or whatever, so once you pass the login you're good).

OneMoreGo
Level 3

Stop looking at my chest

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: October 30, 2010, 03:00:54 PM »

Torches obviously have had their anti-spawning effect reduced since my previously clear caves are now spawning deadly creepers  Cry  Never mind hell, the existing bits have got scarier now  Blink

On the plus side I know where there are a couple of obsidian sheets so I shouldn't have much trouble building a portal if the creepers don't get me first.
Katsew
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1302 on: October 30, 2010, 03:33:59 PM »

So I built a portal, entered the "Nether" as it now seems to be called and messed around a bit. Exited through the same portal... and appeared back in the normal world somewhere completely different!

Not sure what happened. Haven't yet found where the normal world exit portal is in relation to my entrance one (they're both in deep underground caves).

RCIX
« Reply #1303 on: October 30, 2010, 03:41:09 PM »

So I built a portal, entered the "Nether" as it now seems to be called and messed around a bit. Exited through the same portal... and appeared back in the normal world somewhere completely different!

Not sure what happened. Haven't yet found where the normal world exit portal is in relation to my entrance one (they're both in deep underground caves).
Yea, from what i can tell portals have a penchant of dropping you somewhere near to, but not the same as, the portal you went through to get there. Look around a bit: you should find wherever you came from. (edit: i was lucky so far to only be dropped on the surface Tongue)
Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: October 30, 2010, 03:52:14 PM »

I think portals take you back to roughly where you were, at the highest z level of land.
Pretty silly really.

Riley Adams
Level 5

I don't actually use Ubuntu much...

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: October 30, 2010, 03:53:28 PM »

I think portals take you back to roughly where you were, at the highest z level of land.
Pretty silly really.

I returned to the exact same spot... guess I'm just lucky...

oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1306 on: October 30, 2010, 04:10:07 PM »

Just try a couple times, the update downloaded just fine for me (mc.net is super slow, but I think you download the actual files from amazon cloud or whatever, so once you pass the login you're good).

I think it was the server at first since Minecraft.net kept timing out but after I could get through and log in I was getting an update error.

Turns out I just had to turn off player made content cause it was messing up updating for one of the .jars.

Figures my trying out different textures would coincide with the Halloween release.  Cheesy
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: October 30, 2010, 04:22:44 PM »

Pretty silly really.
Not so, I've had a portal dump me underground. Just a stones throw away from where I mine Obsidian which would have to be the luckiest thing.

Who noticed the texture on the blocks that slow you down in the Nether, it's Soylent Green!
MaloEspada
« Reply #1308 on: October 30, 2010, 04:48:48 PM »

i wonder if i'm the only one giving personal aesthetics to the portals..

(also an incredible hell shot)
Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: October 30, 2010, 04:53:35 PM »

Aw shit. Just as i was about to go to bed .... fuck you sunday i'm staying up to play minecraft!
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: October 30, 2010, 04:55:19 PM »

im gonna try to make a temple or something to contain any ghasts that fly through my portals :D

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: October 30, 2010, 05:00:40 PM »

They can fly through the portals? Screamy

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: October 30, 2010, 05:07:07 PM »

They can fly through the portals? Screamy
I don't think so.

TwilightVulpine
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: October 30, 2010, 05:08:57 PM »

According to Notch, there is a small chance they will spawn outside portals if there is enough space.
Ashkin
« Reply #1314 on: October 30, 2010, 05:26:36 PM »

Lost... So very lost... The Slip is massive ;_;
So... Anyone found out what to do with the glowy blocks, the soylent green and the bloody cobblestone?
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1315 on: October 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PM »

The Slip/Hell/Nether background sounds are all but terrifying. Sounds like someone was mutilating a baby.

The fact that Notch didn't implement SMP damage seems to be causing a lot of rage; and I can quite understand. Weird decision of him to not hold SMP as the important part of the game.

Also, it seems that the portals throw me to the wrong place when I teleport. I have my guesses why this happens, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: October 30, 2010, 06:07:58 PM »

I thought there were going to be more than 3 new block types?

Also, the forever light blocks would make a good fire moat.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
RCIX
« Reply #1317 on: October 30, 2010, 07:01:19 PM »

The Slip/Hell/Nether background sounds are all but terrifying. Sounds like someone was mutilating a baby.

The fact that Notch didn't implement SMP damage seems to be causing a lot of rage; and I can quite understand. Weird decision of him to not hold SMP as the important part of the game.

Also, it seems that the portals throw me to the wrong place when I teleport. I have my guesses why this happens, but it's annoying nonetheless.
It's just that he kinda ran out of time working on the update, or he would have done it Tongue

And to me it sounds like a gaggle of screaming demon monkeys or something Grin
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1318 on: October 30, 2010, 08:23:12 PM »

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: October 30, 2010, 09:46:48 PM »

vs.

Simple coincidence or does Notch still play DooM II?
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic