Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

April 30, 2024, 09:27:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallClassics Week at TIGSource?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Classics Week at TIGSource?  (Read 36561 times)
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 11:06:50 AM »

BMcC- Don't forget Retarded Goat Hunter as well! Haha. I'm still embarrassed that the main carrot guy sprite in that is an altered Metal Slug guy.
Oh man!  I cannot forget that game. Smiley

Streambolt by Gustav Kilman
Anything by FAInd. ...
Heck yes, my friend.

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 11:12:57 AM »

BMcC- Don't forget Retarded Goat Hunter as well! Haha. I'm still embarrassed that the main carrot guy sprite in that is an altered Metal Slug guy.
Oh man!  I cannot forget that game. Smiley

Streambolt by Gustav Kilman
Anything by FAInd. ...
Heck yes, my friend.

unfortunately the faind homepage is no longer online...  Sad

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 11:17:08 AM by AuthenticKaizen » Logged

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 11:20:42 AM »

Old stuff 'eh?

I have far too much incomplete stuff, but I have a few things people probably haven't heard of.

Murmur's Dungeon - An RPG of mine from 1997

http://junk.mikekasprzak.com/old/games/files/mmur_fb2.zip

Sheep Strike - Rampart meets Tetris (2002)

http://junk.mikekasprzak.com/Research/Sheep%20Strike%20(LD2)/SheepStrike_LD2.zip

PuffBOMB - Physics puzzler with screaming and fire (2003, reskinned in 2005)

http://www.puffbomb.com/classic/

- - - - -

And some stuff that's not me.

Fenix Blade - An RPG

Frenetic - an planar shooter

Both available at http://www.fenixblade.com/

Zep's Dreamland - Puzzle Platformer

http://www.zepsdreamland.com/macpc.shtml

I could probably dig up some more random stuff from friends too, but this'll do as a start.

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 11:39:23 AM »

unfortunately the faind homepage is no longer online...  Sad

It went down many a year ago (like, three) because none of us really bothered to update, and most of us weren't making games.
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 11:39:44 AM »

puffbomb is great.
btw is the new version still in development?

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 11:46:58 AM »

Noctis needs some front-page lovin', methinks.

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2009, 11:56:16 AM »

He hasn't had a site in years... when he did it was only for his art.

I think the game has five levels or something like that.
5 levels...ok good to know. i give it another try sometime (and hopefully it will not crash again... Wink )

indeed...when i searched for his homepage i found only his deviantart site.

PoV
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2009, 12:03:42 PM »

puffbomb is great.

It's been the backburner project as of late.  I hired an artist, developed it with another coder, and pitch a console version of the game a couple years back.  The project was eventually turned down.  We all needed a break, so we dissolved the team.  After my current project (a 3D Physics RPG/Metroidvania), I could see myself putting some time in to a 2D Physics Metroidvania, and another "New PuffBOMB" is a likely stepping stone to that means.  I paid some good money for quite a number of animations and other art I'd like to be able to use some day.

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2009, 12:09:44 PM »

puffbomb is great.

It's been the backburner project as of late.  I hired an artist, developed it with another coder, and pitch a console version of the game a couple years back.  The project was eventually turned down.  We all needed a break, so we dissolved the team.  After my current project (a 3D Physics RPG/Metroidvania), I could see myself putting some time in to a 2D Physics Metroidvania, and another "New PuffBOMB" is a likely stepping stone to that means.  I paid some good money for quite a number of animations and other art I'd like to be able to use some day.

good to know. good luck with finishing the new version!

3d metroidvania...2d metroidvania?
are there any screenshots of that current projects?
(couldnt find them on your homepage...)

PoV
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2009, 12:28:44 PM »

The "3D Physics RPG/Metroidvania" is a rather new project with only a few weeks behind it.  I have a decent piece of early concept art to show, but not much else.  Will probably be knee deep in code/tool building for the next couple months.

Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2009, 01:01:06 PM »

Lyle in Cube Sector is awesome, but does it qualify as old?  I remember seing that game on the frontpage when I first came to TIGS...  somewhere in 2006?  Wait, does that make _me_ old?  shit.

@doomlaser, mark johns
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2009, 01:05:11 PM »

The "3D Physics RPG/Metroidvania" is a rather new project with only a few weeks behind it.  I have a decent piece of early concept art to show, but not much else.  Will probably be knee deep in code/tool building for the next couple months.

nice!
looks like that it could be a fine top down action adventure.

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2009, 04:46:44 PM »

Lyle in Cube Sector is awesome, but does it qualify as old?  I remember seing that game on the frontpage when I first came to TIGS...  somewhere in 2006?  Wait, does that make _me_ old?  shit.
Aah, totally.  Makes me feel weird.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2009, 09:18:52 PM »

also, if you want i can review the original exile trilogy, since it'd be an excuse to ask jeff vogel for review copies.

Yeah, that'd be fantastic!  Photopia would be great, too.

Lyle in Cube Sector is pretty well-known in the indie scene and we've covered it before on TIGS, besides.  It is a fantastic game, though.
Movius
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2009, 05:37:10 AM »

Some old games I don't recall ever seeing here.

Reality on the norm. A series of many small AGS games (of WILDLY variable quality,) made by many different people, all set in the same universe, with the same characters, etc.  There are episodes by Yahtzee, Dave Gilbert and other well known AGS types.

GeneRally. crazy little top-down racing game.

Dink Smallwood. RPG  from the late 90s made by one guy. Came with an editor and, if I remember correctly, a bonus episode about re-uniting Milli Vanilli.
ChevyRay
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2009, 05:42:45 AM »

also, if you want i can review the original exile trilogy, since it'd be an excuse to ask jeff vogel for review copies.

Yeah, that'd be fantastic!  Photopia would be great, too.

Lyle in Cube Sector is pretty well-known in the indie scene and we've covered it before on TIGS, besides.  It is a fantastic game, though.
God, I actually remember playing the Exile games way back Shocked

Blades was awesome. Smiley Though I probably wouldn't have the gut to play a game like that now, I loved them back then.
wourme
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2009, 08:46:15 AM »

tetra blocks (probably best freeware tetris clone)

Whenever I feel like playing plain Tetris, this is what I play.

I'm also a fan of Safrosoft RoX, a stylish freeware Boulder Dash clone from 2002. People still make level sets for it.
http://hotu.itarium.ch/www.the-underdogs.info/game.php@id=3553

The game can be found here:
http://www.bd-fans.com/RoX.html

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2009, 12:45:17 PM »

These are great suggestions, guys!  I'm really excited for next week! Beer!
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2009, 02:13:54 PM »

When we're done with this, lets do a fan game week about all those sonic and mario MMF games.
pgil
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2009, 03:42:08 PM »

Reality on the norm. A series of many small AGS games (of WILDLY variable quality,) made by many different people, all set in the same universe, with the same characters, etc.  There are episodes by Yahtzee, Dave Gilbert and other well known AGS types.

I made one of the first games on there Cool . Nice that it's still around.

Oh, and speaking of adventure games:
Larry Vales
Two very funny games. And I hear he's making a third one...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic