Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 12:46:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMy Silent Hill Game needs a Name
Poll
Question: What do you thing should be the name of my SILENT HILL GAME  (Voting closed: June 14, 2009, 12:31:25 AM)
Silent Hill:Purgatory - 1 (5.6%)
Silent Hill:Jungement - 7 (38.9%)
Silent Hill:Prologue - 0 (0%)
Silent Hill Gaiden - 4 (22.2%)
Other.(Reply at Comments) - 6 (33.3%)
Silent Hill:Sins of Devestation - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: My Silent Hill Game needs a Name  (Read 5543 times)
LegendaryMan
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2009, 12:31:25 AM »

Hey guys

I have decided to create a silent hill game and i need a name for it.
 Give me Feedback at the comments if you thought about a better name.
 Thats all

:D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:20:23 AM by LegendaryMan » Logged

The meaning of life is to give life meaning of your own self.My meaning of life is to live life itself because I can accept failure but I can't accept not trying to achive anything else put as my main goal.And even if i become someone that matter i will not die.Il just be forgotten like everyone. ME
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 02:37:25 AM »

Are you intentionally using the word "jungement" ...?  Did you mean Judgment?  Not asking to be flippant, just not sure.

Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 02:56:38 AM »

Things your could put after Silent Hill.

Apocalypse
Reckoning
Devestation

That's al I can think of

LegendaryMan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 03:22:57 AM »

Are you intentionally using the word "jungement" ...?  Did you mean Judgment?  Not asking to be flippant, just not sure.

I did that because thats the way i learned it.
 I live in Greece and i learned to write Jungement with an ''e'' Between Junge and 
 Ment.Jungment is the American way but Jugnement is the British way according to WIKIPEDIA.

The meaning of life is to give life meaning of your own self.My meaning of life is to live life itself because I can accept failure but I can't accept not trying to achive anything else put as my main goal.And even if i become someone that matter i will not die.Il just be forgotten like everyone. ME
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 03:25:19 AM »

I live in Greece and i learned to write Jungement with an ''e'' Between Junge and 
 Ment.Jungment is the American way but Jugnement is the British way according to WIKIPEDIA.
What? Jungement? Are you sure it's not Judgement?

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
LegendaryMan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 03:29:29 AM »

Things your could put after Silent Hill.

Apocalypse
Reckoning
Devestation

That's al I can think of

THx for the feedback but let me say what i think about the names

Apocalypse:
 Sound like The movie RESIDENT EVIL APOCALYPSE.Also in the game its nto the end of the
 world.

Reckoning:
 Pretty good but not good enough.

Devestation:
 Dude you gave me an idea about the game.To call it Silent Hill:Sins of Devestation
 Nice job at giving me an idea.
 I'll Put you in the cretits at the category of ''Source Of Inspiration'' or Creative Help
 You choose
 How about it.

Again thanx for the titles. Beer! Cheers

LegendaryMan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 03:30:48 AM »

What? Jungement? Are you sure it's not Judgement?

I made a typo Sry.
 To summon it up i use Jungement as the title.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 03:31:06 AM »

lol @ "jungement"

it's judgment or judgement, not jungement or jungment

unless you're talking about carl jungifying someone

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 03:36:29 AM »

For a Silent Hill game that's not so strange.

tweet tweet @j_younger
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 03:37:30 AM »

lol @ "jungement"

it's judgment or judgement, not jungement or jungment

Basically the Jungian reference is why I was asking for clarification.  I thought he might be making an amusing reference to Carl with his game.  Smiley  I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.  Haha.

HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 03:39:03 AM »

For a Silent Hill game that's not so strange.

Yeah-- I voted for jungement.  It's my favorite of the bunch.  But question here.. won't it be a problem to use "Silent Hill" in the title as that is a real game?  Maybe I'm missing that this is part of some parody or demake effort.  I'm slow this morning....   Screamy

LegendaryMan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 03:46:33 AM »

Yeah-- I voted for jungement.  It's my favorite of the bunch.  But question here.. won't it be a problem to use "Silent Hill" in the title as that is a real game?  Maybe I'm missing that this is part of some parody or demake effort.  I'm slow this morning....   Screamy

How about i call it Quiet Plains or Soundless Mountain lol.
 Oh and if you are wondering yes it will be like a Demake.
 Go into this Link and see my Official post about my SILENT HILL GAME
 http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=6372.0

PS.Im gona Realease Screenshots tommorow Smiley.

HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 03:56:25 AM »

How about i call it Quiet Plains or Soundless Mountain lol.

On that topic here's a few more so you don't get sued from Silent Hill... Wink

Stoic Valley
Mute Mound
Uncommunicative Trench
Wordless Prominence
Voiceless Plateau

mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 03:57:38 AM »

I am still not following the whole "Jungement"/Judgement thing...

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 04:09:18 AM »

I am still not following the whole "Jungement"/Judgement thing...

Paul and I were just digging on the Carl Jung twist.  Wikipedia will have more info if you care but basically it's a psychology thing. From wikipedia: "His most notable ideas include the concept of psychological archetypes, the collective unconscious and synchronicity."

There are just certain funny parallels that I thought of between Silent Hill / Jungian Psychology.. and Legendary Man's apropos typo.

LegendaryMan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 04:22:15 AM »

On that topic here's a few more so you don't get sued from Silent Hill... Wink

Stoic Valley
Mute Mound
Uncommunicative Trench
Wordless Prominence
Voiceless Plateau

YOur sense of humor is Priceless.But i cant name it Any of the above because than people will have difficultly realasing that its a silent hill game.
Im gona name it Silent Hill.

Also
Unheard Valley
and
Desertless Desert (that doesnt sound right)

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 06:41:39 AM »

I'll be interested to see your take on it, LegendaryMan.  Have you considered calling it SH Zero or something like that?  That way it wouldn't be lumped in with the colon-titled 'Homecoming' which wasn't a great game IMHO.

LegendaryMan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 07:04:00 AM »

I'll be interested to see your take on it, LegendaryMan.  Have you considered calling it SH Zero or something like that?  That way it wouldn't be lumped in with the colon-titled 'Homecoming' which wasn't a great game IMHO.

Yea to tell the truth i havent choosen what the game will be a stand alone game or a Demake.
I think i will go with the Demake because its more awesome.But after the Demake i will make an stand alone story.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 07:39:49 AM »

Usually I don't like fan games, so much efforts should be put in something original imo

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 11:54:35 AM »

Hmmm......... Source of inspiration.  Wizard

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic