Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:06:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsHow to get laid [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: How to get laid [FINISHED]  (Read 34244 times)
Ashkin
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2010, 12:45:56 AM »

peripherals
get laid

Well, hello there!
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2010, 04:02:49 PM »

You're double entendre-ing a thread that is all about double entendres in its very nature?... Facepalm

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
undertech
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2010, 04:42:17 PM »

Seriously, at least wait until 4D graphics accelerators come out.
Swattkidd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2010, 01:42:36 PM »

Hahaha this thread is full of win!  Cheesy
Plattfisk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2010, 04:58:13 AM »

Like with StarCraft, I prefer to watch high level competitive matches over playing the game myself. I can't seem to find any footage of tournaments though, only casual matches. And the commentary(if there even is any!) leaves a lot to be desired. I mean, they just shout things like "faster!" without explaining why this tactic would be good at that moment. Facepalm
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2010, 03:19:32 AM »

True, and the manuals you can buy are also generally of very low pedagogical quality. For some reason they also tend to focus on the goal state rather than how to achieve it. Have we missed a prequel that would have explained these steps?

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Paul Jeffries
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2010, 08:52:44 AM »

If you can't be bothered to play all the way through, I found a load of websites which have the ending cutscene on them.  Beware of spoilers, though.

www.vitruality.com | SPARTAN - Small Pixel Art Animator and procedural tile generator
MaloEspada
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2010, 12:46:44 PM »

I started playing last night, very hard game.
The controls were hard at start but later the flow was way better.

I heard the new game+ has a lot of bonuses, can anyone confirm? I think it'll take a while til I complete this game...
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2010, 01:52:30 PM »

A lot of people have been complaining that this game isn't long enough, but if they want to skip all the optional content and go straight for the ending, I don't think they really have the right to complain.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Cimpresovec
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2010, 10:29:28 AM »

I noticed a cheat in the code that should set the game to easy. But I tried to use it and I think that the cheat is broken. It doesn't do anything. Maybe it was built in only for you to try to find it and then see that it is a lie.

Oh yeah the cheat code is: "Axe effect"
Can anyone confirm?  Concerned

Programming is the closest thing I have to magic.
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2010, 11:09:54 AM »

I emailed the developers, and apparently this one is working as intended. If you spray a can of gross man-perfume all over yourself, people will avoid you in the street.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Cimpresovec
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2010, 11:19:20 AM »

Darn it. That's what comes out if you get cheat codes from unreliable sources. Now I have to shower properly. I really like those advanced water physics. What engine was used for it?

Programming is the closest thing I have to magic.
undertech
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »

Umm this game has developers? I always thought this was one of those games that was just 'there' like an arcade cabinet in the middle of the wilderness.
Maybe I need to watch the credits...
Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2010, 09:43:53 PM »

Umm this game has developers? I always thought this was one of those games that was just 'there' like an arcade cabinet in the middle of the wilderness.

I've heard several opinions on this. Some even claim it was all programmed, composed and modeled by one guy. But I find that a bit hard to believe, especially because it is claimed that it took just a week.

ChevyRay
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2010, 09:45:43 PM »

Yeah, I'm also more partial to the big bang theory.
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2010, 10:09:56 PM »

Well, Jwaap claimed credit.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2010, 02:26:35 AM »

you guys stop it Jwaap only programmed the get laid in case you didn't notice this is like a giant warioware with a weird hub-world select-your-game-type thing and he contributed like the most popular minigame ever and he has the best pricing scheme, even though he chose to mix features with some less decent games like the one where you pee in a cup and the doctor smiles and gives you a pill to make the burn go away, apparently those were related i thought the burn was just the RNG being a dick to me

get it dick
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2010, 04:02:57 AM »

I've heard several opinions on this. Some even claim it was all programmed, composed and modeled by one guy. But I find that a bit hard to believe, especially because it is claimed that it took just a week.
I think that guy was exaggerating quite a bit. You know he also released a HUGE manual for the game, but most of the instructions are vague or downright contradictory, and they don't help with the actual game very much.
I read somewhere else that the game is actually based on user-generated content - when it first came out, it was very simple and repetitive, but players kept adding more complexity to it until it reached the state it's in today. That would also explain why a lot of the game mechanics are broken or stupid.

TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2010, 04:06:02 AM »

But I find that a bit hard to believe, especially because it is claimed that it took just a week.
But that would explain a lot, wouldn't it?

Contrary
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2010, 06:22:31 PM »

Is this game art?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic