Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411515 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 05:31:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 466
Print
Author Topic: Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread  (Read 2633563 times)
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4080 on: December 19, 2011, 05:11:15 AM »

It's like a Bastion demake, but why are the tree and dirt shadows 2x wide and everything else is normal? Also windows look strange.

Bastion is one of my main references
I don't know why :D Just for experiment maybe

For the longest time the third image wasn't loading so I thought arma was talking about the first two, which makes no sense.

:D

naw, i see what you're talking about now but when you mentioned it I really didn't see any connection
like the only possible similarity i could think of was the palette and that hardly seems like enough to relate it to a game
Just Me Being Dumb

as i say to Armageddon - Bastion is REALLY one of my refernces ^__-
btw - i love your works, man :3

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4081 on: December 19, 2011, 06:38:35 AM »

Archer is about to be totally ninja.
Pretty much, if only we werent using such obtuse rendering code converting from that mockup to in-game would be a breeze. It's proving harder than expected to render the lightmap only onto the foreground.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4082 on: December 19, 2011, 01:03:39 PM »

Pretty much, if only we werent using such obtuse rendering code converting from that mockup to in-game would be a breeze. It's proving harder than expected to render the lightmap only onto the foreground.

I've run into that same problem. Haven't thought of an appropriate solution yet. :/

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4083 on: December 19, 2011, 05:55:46 PM »

Archer is about to be totally ninja.
Are you making it as an extension of the ground-fog system?

hi
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4084 on: December 19, 2011, 07:43:39 PM »

Are you making it as an extension of the ground-fog system?
Potentially as a replacement. The current one is based on a vertex map. if we had a few pixmaps that we could separately composite, that'd be ideal and simple. I'll see if I can find time to whip that up around making animations and blacklists and fixing bugs..

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4085 on: December 20, 2011, 01:08:43 AM »

Main menu mock-up for Sushi-Robo. Cross posting ahoy!

That pixel work is pretty awesome!

Zero Pixel Work Tongue

I drew it with the brush tool in photoshop in high color then exported the gif with a low-color palette and pattern dithering.
Smilecythe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4086 on: December 22, 2011, 03:49:36 PM »

So you play as english theoretical physicist and cosmologist suffering from motor neurone disease. Gameplay focuses on the actual feeling of having to select words and actions with your movements using your equalizer device. Speak your wisdom, make your wheelchair jump or shoot missiles! Browse different actions from your bindings and get confused where is what during the moment of panic. Now speed up into the midst of wilderness and wipe out those flexible contortionists out of jealousy!

NSFW/18+ - Not suitable for children
anonymous
« Reply #4087 on: December 24, 2011, 06:03:52 AM »

^ Corny Laugh

scavenge - throw things at stuff - rebuild earth #2012.
farik
Level 0

i am your parents

View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: December 24, 2011, 09:41:16 AM »

So you play as english theoretical physicist and cosmologist suffering from motor neurone disease. Gameplay focuses on the actual feeling of having to select words and actions with your movements using your equalizer device. Speak your wisdom, make your wheelchair jump or shoot missiles! Browse different actions from your bindings and get confused where is what during the moment of panic. Now speed up into the midst of wilderness and wipe out those flexible contortionists out of jealousy!

who what that's incredible.
Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4089 on: December 25, 2011, 11:24:09 AM »

If minesweeper had a character in it.

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

Herr Schnurrbart
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: December 25, 2011, 12:14:58 PM »

If minesweeper had a character in it.
This is cute! Hand Thumbs Up Right He would totally tiptoe around that 3-Flag.
^ Corny Laugh

scavenge - throw things at stuff - rebuild earth #2012.
Thats some cool lowrez! Love the HUD!

WTF

I finally got to play Swords&Sworcery which is one of the most athmospheric and beautiful games I have ever played. I also played Super Mario Bros. Somehow I thought THIS would be a good idea:

Please note that this is one of my first pixelart thingies so don't hate me
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: December 25, 2011, 05:57:42 PM »

something i wanna make. Never really done any pixel art before, so ahh!

ink.inc
« Reply #4092 on: December 25, 2011, 05:59:39 PM »

i am intrigue
JoGribbs
« Reply #4093 on: December 25, 2011, 07:24:47 PM »

Made for the Pixeljoint compo (120x160 2-colour mockup) but I got scared and didn't submit it.
Sheepolution
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4094 on: December 26, 2011, 05:02:45 AM »

Never continued with this game  Droop

Lizardheim
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4095 on: December 26, 2011, 06:27:29 AM »

Scut Fabulous
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4096 on: December 26, 2011, 02:00:07 PM »

something i wanna make. Never really done any pixel art before, so ahh!

Make it look just like this!  Seriously this is great!  Do you have animation experience?

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: December 26, 2011, 02:31:46 PM »

Thanks for the kind words! Been checking on Salvage often, your art is incredible. I have some art experience, but none with animation, no. Should be a fun learning process!

I've been putting together an actual tileset, and the art style has morphed to something a little less energetic.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:41:55 PM by Catguy » Logged

Ashkin
« Reply #4098 on: December 26, 2011, 02:38:54 PM »

snip
Oh wow, so adorable!
snip
Made for the Pixeljoint compo (120x160 2-colour mockup) but I got scared and didn't submit it.
The colours should hurt my eyes, but you used them in such a way that they don't. Well done, a lot of detail for only two colours.
snip
This is good, but I can't help but wonder how much you did and how much you just pasted in from a screenshot of S&S.
zombieonion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: December 26, 2011, 04:55:23 PM »

A first-person survival game set in the newly-christened Europe, and blends elements of early christianity with lots of paganism and folk religions.
RPG elements include inventory and limited herbalism and crafting.
Hunt and avoid wild animals, survive the supernatural forest, discover the mystery of the dark lake inside, embrace the gifts that the spirits give you.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 466
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic