Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:57:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBrave Ball - Action RPG with a soccer ball
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Brave Ball - Action RPG with a soccer ball  (Read 964 times)
Pidroh
Level 0

Pidroh Super Developer

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2021, 02:20:22 PM »

Brave Ball

What is Brave Ball?

A mix of turn-based and action combat where the main weapon is a soccer ball.

You dodge stuff but you can stop the game to aim and pick attacks.
It will get release on Steam but I also want to take it to consoles.

PLAY THE FREE DEMO HERE

Inspirations

The main inspiration is Parasite Eve, which is a PSX Squaresoft RPG way ahead of it's time.

Another inspiration is Inazuma Eleven, which is a soccer game RPG.

Gallery
Click on the screens to make them smaller!

Steam Page

Wishlist the game! Then you can know when the project is on sale and it really helps me out.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1638970/Brave_Ball/
(The Steam Page is using slightly older graphics)

« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 04:00:06 AM by Pidroh » Logged

Pidroh
Level 0

Pidroh Super Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 02:26:39 PM »

Sorry for the huge screenshots. What is the best way to handle it in Tigsource? Can't find a way to change image size...

berih
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 03:46:56 PM »

Hey,
you could change image width by
Code:
 [img width=xxxx]

btw nice game Smiley
Pidroh
Level 0

Pidroh Super Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 03:27:46 PM »

Hey,
you could change image width by
Code:
 [img width=xxxx]

btw nice game Smiley

Thanks!! I fixed everything!

Pidroh
Level 0

Pidroh Super Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 03:39:34 PM »

Brave Ball is on Steam Fest!!

Got some wishlists, got new people playing the game which makes me pretty damn happy.
I also got a lot of feedback from people so it's a good chance to improve the game.
There are some input bugs that I need to fix and I'm fixing about changing the input system backend. Unity is really troublesome!!!

Lately I am mainly working on the RPG aspects of the game! I am prototyping leveling up and I will eventually get to prototyping how equipment is going to work. Maybe I'm taking too much time prototyping so it might take a while before it will go inside the main game, but once it does it'll be balanced and ready to blast!

Also the trailer is in Youtube now

Pidroh
Level 0

Pidroh Super Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 03:57:02 AM »

So I guess the main news today is the first trial of the Level Up and XP system for Brave Ball. I am not sure if I want to go with fixed XP per level and weak enemies giving less XP, or if I just go with higher and higher XP flowing in. Right now I'll just leave the higher and higher XP values.

BE WARNED

THE PROTOTYPE IS VERY SIMPLE AND BORING. YOU KINDA JUST LEAVE IT RUNNING IN THE BROWSE AND YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE WHICH AREA TO FIGHT IN

You can try it here: https://github.com/Pidroh/GenericRPGIdle

However, the initial balance is bad! You're gonna have a hard time before you get your first level up.

You can play the actual demo, not the progression prototype, by clicking here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the time table for this week (week 41 of 2021):

Code:
2021-10 W:41 manager    :  1:28:00
2021-10 W:41 hrpg       : 21:29:00
2021-10 W:41 marketing  :  0:53:00
2021-10 W:41 auto       :  0:00:00
2021-10 W:41 designer   :  3:36:00

This week I got little work in. I was a bit busy in the weekend and I have been feeling a bit sick (some bad nutritional choices I plan to fix this week, way too much powdered food, fiber and caffeine dehydrating me). Next weekend I'll be less busy so I think I can bring those numbers up.

Marketing is now down to one hour. This has a reason though, this is because I decided to move some marketing activities to Monday (which resulted in almost no big marketing for that week, kinda of delaying some posts).

This week the haxe prototype continues BUT I am also writing a bit the story of Brave Ball. By knowing exactly where I want the demo to end, I can start think about how I am going to order the art I need for the game. With this, I can draw a budget for the game. I hope.

Pidroh
Level 0

Pidroh Super Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 03:34:12 PM »

A very normal week hahaha. I added swords to my simple prototype.

BE WARNED

THE PROTOTYPE IS VERY SIMPLE AND BORING. YOU KINDA JUST LEAVE IT RUNNING IN THE BROWSE AND YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE WHICH AREA TO FIGHT IN

You can play the actual demo, not the progression prototype, by clicking here

Here is the time table for this week (week 41 of 2021):

Code:
2021-10 W:42 manager    :  1:50:00
2021-10 W:42 marketing  :  5:08:00
2021-10 W:42 hrpg       : 1 day, 6:47:00
2021-10 W:42 designer   :  6:57:00
2021-10 W:42 auto       :  0:50:00

This week I got way more work in. This post, though, was supposed to be posted yesterday, so that is bad.
Marketing and designer time went up. I was kinda lost during that designer time, so I'm not sure if it was quality time being spent, but maybe it was necessary.

I have stopped a bit on the RPG mechanics and started to create the code for the story. Hopefully I can get story cutscenes working before Friday but that may be tough.

Pidroh
Level 0

Pidroh Super Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2021, 03:38:42 PM »

Normal week hahaha I added armors and more stats to my prototype.

BE WARNED

Some users found bugs that I have no idea how to fix Sad sad

Here is the time table for this week (week 43 of 2021):

Code:
2021-10 W:43 design     :  0:11:00
2021-10 W:43 hrpg       : 22:55:00
2021-10 W:43 manager    :  0:55:00
2021-10 W:43 marketing  :  6:09:00
2021-10 W:43 auto       :  0:27:00

My times are back to normal hahahaha no more 30 hour programming in a week. Makes sense! I had to stop by the hospital too, which is a huge time drain.

While I have some cutscenes in the game, I'm expanding on that. Also having more clearly defined, visible goals in the game.

Pidroh
Level 0

Pidroh Super Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2021, 03:39:30 PM »

Added new bosses to the prototype!!! They give permanent stat upgrades. I did add further cutscenes to the game, but stopped myself from adding goals. The reason for that is because adding goals would make for a better game, I might not use it in Brave Ball. I might reconsider adding a similar system to Brave Ball though.

BE WARNED

THE PROTOTYPE IS VERY SIMPLE AND BORING. YOU KINDA JUST LEAVE IT RUNNING IN THE BROWSE, CHOOSE YOUR EQUIPMENT AND WHERE TO FIGHT

I also wrote all the cutscenes that will be in the Brave Ball demo! It was super fun.
Now I need to write code to integrate the cutscenes with the map. Not sure if I should write new map code in Haxe and do the integration in Haxe... Or move over to C# and do it there.

Here is the time table for this week (week 43 of 2021):

Code:
2021-11 W:44 hrpg       : 26:33:00
2021-11 W:44 marketing  :  3:47:00
2021-11 W:44 manager    :  3:20:00
2021-11 W:44 auto       :  0:30:00
2021-11 W:44 turn       : 12:28:00

26 hours programming the prototype and 12 hours planning and writing cutscenes for Brave Ball! Not bad!
Right now I'm adding a prestige system to HRPG, which might make it into Brave Ball. This Saturday I'll make a decision on where to integrate the cutscenes to the map.

Let's go!!!!!!!!

Pidroh
Level 0

Pidroh Super Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2021, 03:22:19 PM »

It takes time to convert Markdown to whatever ancient format is used here in Tigsource. I think I'll stop posting weekly updates here. You can still get them at https://pidroh.github.io/website/

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic