Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 02:48:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBunni: How We First Met in public beta, baby!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bunni: How We First Met in public beta, baby!  (Read 2149 times)
Danc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:22:23 AM »

A game that Andre Spierings and I have been collaborating on is up online now. I'd love to hear your comments.  This uses some of the free graphics I put out on Lostgarden, just to see what could be made.  The game is about resource collection in the name of manifest reproductive destiny and the inevitable destruction of the ecosystem that results.  There is also a very large coat of sugar.

http://bunnibunni.com

take care
Danc.

Spry Fox, Lostgarden
JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 01:52:11 PM »

It's almost overwhelming at the start, with new systems and items popping up left and right. Then it slooooowly tapers off until it's almost a grind.

By the last three or four items, I'd run out of space and my self-sustaining islands weren't going to be getting much more efficient. At that point, I pretty much just opened a new browser tab, checking back on the island's progress every five minutes or so. It felt pretty lame to have to wait ten or fifteen minutes just to unlock the last item to get the "ending".

Edit: I was also a little disappointed that you couldn't actually choose which girl you married.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 01:57:36 PM by JamesGecko » Logged
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 02:42:04 PM »

I tried this a couple of days ago and enjoyed the intro. It's very slick and quite overwhelming. I wasn't able to play long though. Does it save my progress?

twitter: @docky
undertech
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »

Yes, but you have to save manually (button on top right).
Galaxy613
Level 1

10,000 Lightyears of Awesome

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 06:33:11 PM »

Fun went quickly down hill when I had to start blowing up my entire infrustucture just to kill those damned deer.

[ Quest! ] A new year, with new possibilities. [ Follow me on Twitter! ]
JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 08:45:48 PM »

Yeah, re-planting a lot of things at once is a pain. It's not really helped by the changing locations of items in your inventory as you move. It would have made the controls more complicated, but the ability to just click on an item and have it go big instantly would have helped a bit in this regard.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic