Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 09:26:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 620619 times)
Savick
« Reply #2000 on: May 05, 2012, 04:55:52 PM »

I prefer the first one better, it's more quirky and the 2nd reminds me of Boom Blox, etc. - it doesn't suggest the "story" in it.

Well, the three elements I want in the title are Blocks, Outer Space, and Story. Maybe Blocky Planets Tale? Some 3 word thing...
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2001 on: May 05, 2012, 05:03:43 PM »

Maybe reorder the words?  Tale of the Blocky Planets or something like that sounds better to me.

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: May 06, 2012, 06:34:43 AM »

I have an MMORPG in the works. Its story and theatrics are based on real events throughout history but twisted and exaggerated to appeal as fantasy. You also develop your character into a powerful legend of your own path. I want to call this game "True Story" for it has duality and misdirection to the name. Plus I believe games with names that include simple terms are easier for players to affiliate themselves with.

This isn't a serious suggestion – unless you like it – but "The Legend of Veracity" immediately came to mind.

I'm thinking of changing my game's name from 16 Color Story to Blocky Blocks. I'm really aiming for a weird/cute outer space planet building (with blocks) game with a deep story so I think this title fits better. What do you guys think?

Block Blocks isn't nearly as memorable as 16 Colour Story.
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: May 06, 2012, 06:54:19 AM »

Bitsoup (Stone Soup) as a roguelike
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2004 on: May 06, 2012, 09:11:10 PM »

I prefer the first one better, it's more quirky and the 2nd reminds me of Boom Blox, etc. - it doesn't suggest the "story" in it.

Well, the three elements I want in the title are Blocks, Outer Space, and Story. Maybe Blocky Planets Tale? Some 3 word thing...

How about Block-S-pace? Unique and stylish with those 3 elements in it Wink

Yxven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: May 08, 2012, 09:26:46 PM »

"Bloody Greed"

You are an assassin working for a megacorporation in a dystopian, cyberpunk future. The game is best described as Magic the Gathering combined with Go and a hex board.
RamSteelwood
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2006 on: May 10, 2012, 12:28:28 AM »

I'm back!

It has snow
'Snorth'!

also, from some of the other posts.

I like 'McRogue' as the game and character name idea.

Space Block Story

True Story -> This History (could merge to Thistory but i don't really like that)

'Be Stiff' is fun, could also try 'I am Stiff' if you really want to play on the word...or simply something like 'Stiff the Sneak', 'Stiff the Spy'.

Can't think of anything better than Dungeon Dashers really.  Do the dungeons have a name?  so you could have 'Raiders of Smelly-dungeon'?  or 'Raiders in the dark'? 'Raiding Party'?

Working on an on-line multi-player 'world cup singles' football game for PC.  http://ssgg.uk/tbgtg
I just need people to play it! Sad
Yxven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: May 10, 2012, 09:45:32 AM »

"Exist" I really like.

"PaperPixelPlatformer" I agree it's a little too generic, and I don't understand what paper has to do with your game. I'm afraid I don't know enough about your game to suggest a direction for a better alternative.

"16 Color Story" I'm not a fan of. It's kind of an inside joke for game developers. That's fine if your target market is game developers, but most likely, you want normal people to play your game. I think normal people would much prefer something that hints that you're a robot dog with cannon for a head.

"Be Stiff" This would make sense to me if it was a game that focused on hiding in the shadows, but I haven't seen any form of hiding in your videos. It should be called "Secret Agent Man" or something along those lines.

"Dungeon Dashers" I like the name, but I don't think it fits your game because your game is turn-based. Try "Dungeon Tactics" or something.

"True Story" like nospoon said, you just can't google it. I don't know enough about your game concept, but "Twisted History" sounds cool to me.

"Blocky Blocks" Again, I don't see what this has to do with your game. You're a robot dog with a cannon. That's awesome. Use the awesome.

"Bitsoup" After browsing wikipedia, I figured out how stone soup and roguelikes connect, but I don't think "Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup" is popular enough to name your game after. Again, it depends on your target market, but most people aren't going to have any idea what type of game "Bitsoup" is from the title.
szamq
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2008 on: May 11, 2012, 01:24:12 PM »

Hello! great topic!
Actually, last time I was thinking about name for my game. I ended with "GRIMIND".
Game is designed to be dark/scary. At the beginning, main character doesn't remember anything(amnesia). So the name is merged from two words GRIM and MIND. I am carious what your rate will be.

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: May 11, 2012, 07:37:38 PM »

Last Ascent?

The game is based around a tower, where players battle it out for all eternity, unable to leave. It's also from a 3/4 view point, and inspired by the Legend of Zelda games if that helps any.

Pnikosis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: May 15, 2012, 09:32:24 AM »

'Be Stiff' is fun, could also try 'I am Stiff' if you really want to play on the word...or simply something like 'Stiff the Sneak', 'Stiff the Spy'.

I like "I am Stiff", sounds like "I am Legend" but... uhm... stiffer Tongue

I'll think on playing with the words spy, sneak, hide, seek, stealth if I see something nicer. Thanks guys for the suggestions.

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: May 15, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »

Last Ascent?

The game is based around a tower, where players battle it out for all eternity, unable to leave. It's also from a 3/4 view point, and inspired by the Legend of Zelda games if that helps any.

It works, imo.
Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2012 on: May 15, 2012, 04:46:31 PM »

Surface

A game where you try to reach the surface world from underground

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2013 on: May 19, 2012, 10:18:12 PM »

Surface

I google it and found a Microsoft program with this name (well, it called Microsoft Surface). Better think another name because this one could give you some troubles.

A help with it: Open Land, Outside World, Reaching Surface (all together don't makes problems, i think...), etc...

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: May 20, 2012, 05:31:13 AM »

Surface is their fancy tablet/table thing.

capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: May 21, 2012, 09:41:47 PM »

Surface

I google it and found a Microsoft program with this name (well, it called Microsoft Surface). Better think another name because this one could give you some troubles.

A help with it: Open Land, Outside World, Reaching Surface (all together don't makes problems, i think...), etc...

I really like these names. also, how about overworld?
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: May 22, 2012, 01:27:20 AM »

I don't have a name but I need a name, a grungy space exploration game where you can program computers and build stuff with stuff you find which is also in ASCII grafics
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: May 22, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »

Surface

The word is too common for good googling, and there's a game called Surface: Mystery of Another World (plus the Microsoft surface mentioned above). It also isn't very descriptive.

Above & Beyond
Orpheus Ascending

I don't have a name but I need a name, a grungy space exploration game where you can program computers and build stuff with stuff you find which is also in ASCII grafics

Isn't this Notch's 0x10c?
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: May 22, 2012, 10:28:29 AM »

Totally not
RunawayDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: May 22, 2012, 06:39:52 PM »

My game is about a renegade sorcerer who's trying to escape after being sealed away for the good of the kingdom. It's a single player turn based rpg in the style of Wizardry that takes place inside a magical book! I've been calling it Paper Sorcerer, what do you guys think?
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic