Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411529 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 01:53:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 620418 times)
dTb
Level 0

Boards, games and pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2760 on: May 15, 2015, 02:30:23 AM »

Hi!

I was going to open a thread to ask for advice about my current game name but I saw this clinic and it seems the right place to do it.

The game is trying to capture the experience of physical dungeon-crawler boardgames (like HeroQuest, Descent, Warhammer Quest, Mice & Mystics, Super Dungeon Explore...) and to bring it into the digital world. I was waiting for one since... the last time I played Legend on Amiga I think Grin. But nothing as good as what I wished has emerged so I decided to create one with an artist friend (the origins of the project are slightly more complex but the full story will be in the dev log ^^).

Already 6 months of development are behind but still no good name has been found... it's one of the reasons why this thread is the first time I am talking publicly about it: it's pretty difficult to communicate when you don't know yourself how to name your creation. I hope you will be able to help!

The current development name is Quest Heroes... yeah... please don't laugh Smiley.

Before going any further here are a couple of screenshots:

Of course, I have a huge list of potential names, but none seems to be THE right one.

For example, I have considered :

● Last Dungeon Heroes
● Heroic Dens And Mortal Lairs
● Dungeons, Dens and Lairs
● Dungeons: Brotherhood
● Door, Monster, Treasure
● Quests & Dungeons
● A Dungeon, Four Heroes
● A Dungeon Quartet
● Dungeon Tactics
● Dungeon Tactical Squad
● Tactical Dungeon Heroes
● One more Dungeon, Heroes!
● Quests & Heroes
● Heroes of Dens & Lairs
● Heroes of Dungeons & Mysteries

What do you think? Thank you in advance for your opinion.

Clipper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: May 15, 2015, 11:31:56 PM »

I like "Door, Monster, Treasure"; It's a fun name IMO.
slarti88
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: May 16, 2015, 01:18:40 AM »

Of course, I have a huge list of potential names, but none seems to be THE right one.

For example, I have considered :

● Last Dungeon Heroes
● Heroic Dens And Mortal Lairs
● Dungeons, Dens and Lairs
● Dungeons: Brotherhood
● Door, Monster, Treasure
● Quests & Dungeons
● A Dungeon, Four Heroes
● A Dungeon Quartet
● Dungeon Tactics
● Dungeon Tactical Squad
● Tactical Dungeon Heroes
● One more Dungeon, Heroes!
● Quests & Heroes
● Heroes of Dens & Lairs
● Heroes of Dungeons & Mysteries

What do you think? Thank you in advance for your opinion.

Why not try something different. Give your dungeon an actual dungeon name. Let's say 'Alcatraz'. And since the game seems to be about going through the dungeon and collecting loot, how about.. 'Plundering Alcatraz'!

Working on 'The Light Inside Us'
Twitter - http://twitter.com/slarti
Devlog - http://bit.ly/1JPumh4
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2763 on: May 16, 2015, 03:02:10 AM »

Cave Story Hand Joystick Blink

GIBSON HYPERDRIVE
aka TERROR BIKES
aka GIBSON OVERDRIVE
aka BIKE GAME
aka LICENSE TO THRUST

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=47437.0

Gomez

http://doomlaser.com/bike/

@doomlaser, mark johns
dTb
Level 0

Boards, games and pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2764 on: May 16, 2015, 06:32:56 AM »

Ok, I give it one vote!

Why not try something different. Give your dungeon an actual dungeon name. Let's say 'Alcatraz'. And since the game seems to be about going through the dungeon and collecting loot, how about.. 'Plundering Alcatraz'!

In fact it's not a single dungeon but the heroes will crawl a large number of different dungeons, dens and lairs.
But yes, what I could do is to name the LAND where there are going to travel, like "Dungeons of FunnyNameCountry"..

ezraanderson
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2765 on: June 03, 2015, 12:03:16 PM »

Dead Dark

Dead Dark is a rouguelike, zombie apocalypse survival game.
Kill, Craft, Explore, Drive, Scavenge, Fix, Rescue NPC, Hide, etc.

GeniusInteractive
Level 0

ok

View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: June 11, 2015, 07:59:48 PM »

OutRace

ok
skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2767 on: June 19, 2015, 08:55:05 AM »

I'm in the process of making a game, but so far the name is more of a place holder than anything else.

For now it Bullet Void. it's an arena shooter set in space. I guess the names says something...

But I'm really not sure if I should keep it or find something else. I'm not even past the prototype stage, so any change is possible. I've not even made the title sprite, because I don't feel like making it without being sure to keep the name :p (lazy artist spotted)

I had a few other ideas.

Void Clouds

Full Void

...and I guess that's it.

Initially I was calling the project Dark Matter, but as a matter of fact, it's already in use and a game goes by this name on steam. Not surprising I guess, obvious choice is obvious.

I like those tow possibilities, because void clouds gives an idea of, well, tangible emptiness, and sky. Full void gives the idea that the space is really everything but empty, which is also something. and it has quite an impact IMHO.

Bullet Void, might sound lazy and obvious. Any opinion?

Maybe the main title screen art will help:

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
Clipper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: June 19, 2015, 05:19:55 PM »

I like Void Clouds.
AmphDev
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: June 22, 2015, 02:10:43 AM »

Hey guys!

I couldn't find a good name for our lastest game, maybe you could help us to find a suitable one Smiley

About the game:

This is a PVP game with third-person view mode (5vs5 system) with custom characters, which will have different skills to choose from.
The game's main theme will be about "heroes" that probably all of us knows well. Characters from legends or real life (somtimes historical) characters, but we re-thought their past, and made them a little funnier.
So thus was born the schizophrenic Red Riding Hood, Snow White who use black magic, a worn out welding man with a oxigene tank on his back (meanwhile smoking, for maximum safety) Shakespeare who is an artist with the sword , a "good looking" russian nurse and so on..

The game's main element is humor but it'll be full of bloody battles and thrills in arenas (without minions and towers but secondary objectives). It'll look like a cartoon almost same as TF2 , loadout , plants vs zombies.

Now we're working and thinking on names that'll would sum up the story of the game:

Legends: Untold Stories or Legends: Tales of the Past
Untold stories of the Legends
Tales, Battles & Legends
War of Stories
History of Legends

Opinons and Ideas are welcome! Smiley
ThankYou and let me introduce shaqspear (this is draft only )

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/11105220_469908079829951_4560841386136848241_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: June 22, 2015, 06:22:31 PM »

What do you think about my game's name? Link to the devlog and name in my signaure.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
LOUD
Level 1

Wait a few sec ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2771 on: July 06, 2015, 09:07:48 AM »

Hello, i am working on a game about an engineer, leaving society's habits of the city to find refuge in an abandonned forest. After decades living lonely far away from the city, he will be forced to go back to the city because of a tempest destroying his house.

I wanted to call that game "A past haven" because i want to tell that a story about a man who keep in mind the old times where things was easy and usual but it these times don't exist anymore.

No screenshot at the moment because game is in prototype step.

Thanks Smiley
campride
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: July 20, 2015, 07:34:13 PM »

Is the name Fridge Fairy appropriate? One could say that it's cross between a cooking game and angry birds...

Game is here:
http://gamejolt.com/games/fridge-fairy/80731
nkm
Level 1

Ludere ergo sum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2773 on: July 28, 2015, 07:30:22 AM »

Working on a little building game with true per-block physics. It's somewhat of a cross-over between Minecraft and Lemmings. Here's a concept screenshot. Anyway, the name I'm thinking about using is Stacks. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2774 on: July 28, 2015, 07:00:17 PM »

Ok, I give it one vote!

In fact it's not a single dungeon but the heroes will crawl a large number of different dungeons, dens and lairs.
But yes, what I could do is to name the LAND where there are going to travel, like "Dungeons of FunnyNameCountry"..
These two sound good. Smiley

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
ertopena
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2775 on: August 02, 2015, 06:20:03 PM »

Working on a 2D twitch action arcade game for 1-4 players that's about swooping to these blue gas canisters to recharge yourself before you leak down to nothing.

I call it Infinite Blocker. You can play it at ertopena.itch.io/infinite-blocker

zleub
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2776 on: August 06, 2015, 03:02:38 AM »

I'm in.

I'm making some kind of plateformer, which i hope will be mostly generated to create a story you can discover/interact with. It's name is 'Micro' or 'Micro Adventure' depending on my feeling.

You can try the engine's demo here
Yanifska
Level 0

www.yanivcahoua.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2777 on: August 07, 2015, 03:08:16 AM »

Hey guys,
    I have started a new project. For the moment I have a few designs of the characters and the environment is going quite well.
    I outlined the story as well and I think it's time to find a name and I can't commit to anything seriously, maybe because of my lack of understanding of the English language, at least in the nuances.

So here it is, my game is basically a side scrolling RTS / RTT with RPG elements.
    You start with 3 characters which have specific class features : a hacker, a builder and fighter.

The hacker will help you exploit the environment and take control of strategic point such as robot factories  Cheesy
    The builder allow you to build turrets and protect areas.
    The fighter is a basic tank.

Throughout the game you will have the opportunity to evolve your characters abilities and weapons.
    A few narrative elements will be disseminated in the levels, and you will have to find & talk to a characters

The story is about a bunch of rebels fighting the ruling class in a post-apocalyptic underground world.
    They follow a lead about a secret place that will take them to a secret subway station.
    The subway element will be quite a central part of the world and story.

Some designs and sketches:

So here are my first ideas for the name of the game:
  • The Lost Station
  • Darkest station
  • Subway
  • Exit
  • Exit station
  • Darkest Exit
  • Dark Out
  • Terminus
  • Etc...

So what do you say ??
[/list]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 03:21:13 AM by Yanifska » Logged

Crabby
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: August 20, 2015, 09:52:42 AM »

I need a new name for my game: Scout

It's a game where you, playing as a boy Scout, have to deal with weird magic stuff, being a kid, and eventually becoming a stronger person.

Any ideas are welcome.

Working on something new!
Follow me @CrabbyDev.
siskavard
« Reply #2779 on: August 28, 2015, 01:45:01 PM »

Scout-boy
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic