Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412104 Posts in 69453 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: holdamech

June 27, 2024, 05:48:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFire At Will, A ww2 tactical simulation game with online multiplayer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fire At Will, A ww2 tactical simulation game with online multiplayer  (Read 776 times)
Rizzy
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2024, 06:09:13 PM »

Devlog 1:
Just made this game. So far you can only move an infantry soldier around, and I need to fix the rotation issue( rotating after move selected).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 06:19:54 PM by Rizzy » Logged
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 08:38:11 PM »

cool

Rizzy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 06:26:13 PM »

Devlog 2:
Fixed the Rotational error. It 'turns' out that when the unit 'turns' it was just not keeping the same angle and was actually rotating. I fixed this by adding a variable that allows me to track the time the unit is moving and if it has moved more than 1 second. If it has, the program will stop turning. I also moved the turn function from its own method to the drawing method. This made a really nice result and tomorrow I will work on two units firing upon each other  Wink.
Rizzy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 05:48:09 PM »

Devlog 3:
 Just made the line of sight for the units, but a weird bug is happening. This bullet is bringing the unit with it and the unit wont rotate sometimes. Ill try to fix shooting(agian) and add more units and a camera next.

Stay tuned,
Deghante.  Gentleman
Rizzy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2024, 06:16:05 PM »

It doesnt let me upload images sadly but as soon as I can I will
Rogod
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2024, 02:38:20 AM »

and a camera next.
How are you taking screenshots if you haven't added a camera? Blink

Joeeigel
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2024, 05:45:59 AM »

Interested in this one! The way people upload screenshots is usually to use a third-party service such as imgur, and then embed the URL in here with BBCode.
Rizzy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2024, 01:03:41 PM »

thank you
Also Big Update Coming this evening!
Rizzy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2024, 06:07:13 PM »

First 'TRUE information' devlog.

Here I explain my vision for Fire at will or Chain of Command.

Starting of, this may sound like a big stretch, but I really do have big plans for this project.

I want this project to be a World war two tactical or operational strategy game that is open-source and free. My reason for this is because I would really like to do this fun project without needs of funding. I just want a fun, realistic, simulator

Most of the artwork is based of  (so far Noobs in Combat) and those historical visual videos!
Some features I want to include that will make it different from other wargames are:

- realistic chain of command system but also customizable(like you can make you own command structures or Hiearchy)
  - Fun but also really realistic
  - A fast time and a Real-Time mode
  - Morale and Surrendering
  - choosing what to do with prisoners
  - realistic combat and logistics
  - not micromanage
  - realistic maps
  - entrenchment and logistics
  - soldier dialogue base on morale
  - multiplayer and ai
  - different factions
  - overall customizable
  - era based music
  - and much more

Sorry for the wait I had to switch to Godot from Pygame to get better results and have better workflow!

I will release a demo tomorrow hopefully because I need a tad bit of time to get a basic enemy AI going.
please do not get to excited about the demo as it is more of a prototype.

Let me know in the comments about some suggestions on tactics, music, maybe suggestions in general!

Sincerely,
Deghante  Gentleman

PS: Oh and Yes I have fixed the shooting, I am working on formations, morale and surrendering. This will also be 2D.
Some Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/CNfBgPB
Rizzy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2024, 12:25:14 PM »

Sorry guys I was really confident in releasing a demo, however I went on a trip and the code was getting really confusing and complex, so I need to start from scratch and fix it up...
again.
But I will update you guys when I can.

Also, you guys vote on if this should be named fire at will or chain of command.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic