Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:49:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsTIGCastTIGcast Official Discussion Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGcast Official Discussion Thread  (Read 51166 times)
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2009, 09:31:50 AM »

I'd like to participate  Grin

I'll try to be on around then, assuming nothing gets in the way of that. That being, staying up too late jerking around and sleeping past 3 in the afternoon.

Remember, though, that's 3:00 Pacific Standard Time. Check and compare.

I live in PST!  Tongue

Where(who) on Skype do I go to join the chat? I did a quick skim through the last few pages of the topic and couldn't find anything.

godsavant
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2009, 10:00:08 AM »

Add either me or James, though I'm not sure if he can make it today. I'm godsavant1, he's hammerchiseled.
godsavant
« Reply #222 on: December 28, 2009, 07:35:17 PM »

So...I just saw the TIGRadio post on the front page, which I'm assuming is going to be the official TIGCast (I mean, they even had Edmund and the headphoned joystick). Does this mean we've been disowned? Or are we just the 'community podcast' now?
YagerX
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: December 28, 2009, 09:37:38 PM »

I'm good for next week?  Beg

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2009, 10:30:48 PM »

Well, we could always...er...go independent with the podcast if we're not going to get TIGSource support.   Shrug

Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: December 29, 2009, 08:14:40 AM »

Why can't we have both? TIGCast and TIGRadio. TIGRadio is live, right? So it sorta is different.

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
godsavant
« Reply #226 on: December 29, 2009, 02:26:29 PM »

TIGRadio is live in the same way that podcasts like VGS are broadcasted live, as well as in recorded form. Considering that they've got our logo (headphones on TIGS joystick), our guest (Edmund offered to come on a few pages ago), and some top-notch hosting talent (heads of Flashbang Studios and organizers of IGF), I'm beginning to miss the point of our existence.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: December 29, 2009, 03:58:17 PM »

Well, the TIGRadio seems to have a focus on indie game development.  I think we can have our niche by being more of a community podcast talking about indie games from a player's perspective, and talking about interesting games in the feedback and announcement sections.

Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: December 30, 2009, 02:28:25 PM »

We are the community talking about the community.
Not gods talking about the community.

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: December 30, 2009, 06:23:31 PM »

I will continue listening!  I hope you guys continue.   Smiley  Its important to have community members doing these things and not having just the most popular indies running the whole show. (not dissing tigradio or anyone on tigradio, I love Tigradio)

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: December 30, 2009, 06:50:51 PM »

I think both can exist harmoniously, and I agree 100% with Caliber9.  I'm sorry about not posting the last couple of TIGCasts on the front page.  To be honest, it's hard to follow this long thread and I'm not caught up to speed on what's going on.

So... you guys should continue, and I can set up a Projects subforum for TIGCast.  Each TIGCast should have its own thread, really.

Whaddaya thunk?!
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 30, 2009, 07:22:50 PM »

That sounds great Derek; I'm all for the community continuing this as well, as TIGradio isn't solely about TIGSource (nor should it be).  Smiley
ChevyRay
« Reply #232 on: December 30, 2009, 07:50:55 PM »

So... you guys should continue, and I can set up a Projects subforum for TIGCast.  Each TIGCast should have its own thread, really.

Whaddaya thunk?!

Do this. I think it's a great idea.

Also, I can contribute now! I have a headset and lots of free time, and would love to take part in this with you guys. Sound good? Smiley <3
Dragonmaw
« Reply #233 on: December 30, 2009, 10:18:47 PM »

I think both can exist harmoniously, and I agree 100% with Caliber9.  I'm sorry about not posting the last couple of TIGCasts on the front page.  To be honest, it's hard to follow this long thread and I'm not caught up to speed on what's going on.

So... you guys should continue, and I can set up a Projects subforum for TIGCast.  Each TIGCast should have its own thread, really.

Whaddaya thunk?!

I think that this would be most excellent. I also think that moderators of the TIGcast subforum should be me and godsavant, given that we are the two primary fellows working on organizing this thang.

You haven't missed anything in the way of podcasts. #2 went up with no fanfare whatsoever and #3-5 are sitting on my hard drive waiting for my schedule to die down so that I can get them wrapped up (even though it's been something like a month since #3 was recorded. I'm terrible.)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: December 31, 2009, 05:56:06 PM »

Huzzah!   Beer!

ChevyRay
« Reply #235 on: December 31, 2009, 05:58:34 PM »

Oooh has forum now. Snazzy.

I suggest a start by making a stickied topic with all the TIGCast's listed with links, and turning this into the "official discussion" thread.
godsavant
« Reply #236 on: December 31, 2009, 07:01:50 PM »

Alright, I'll get onto organizing these things.

I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the one we're recording this Saturday; however, I'd like to start creating topics for each episode ahead of time, so community members can volunteer to come on or suggest questions/topics before the actual recording.
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: January 02, 2010, 04:42:24 PM »

Might wanna pop a few more reserved Topics up there.

GOT YOUR BACK! YEAH!

Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: January 03, 2010, 05:32:30 PM »

To echo Derek, I definitely think both can exist!  We didn't mean to usurp TIGCast by starting TIGRadio.  I wanted to do a live-format show that focused on indie game development/developers, and decided to just go for it.  There is plenty of stuff that we don't plan to do at all (game roundups, etc), and there's definitely plenty of room for more than one regular show with everything that goes on in the indie scene.

Matthew Wegner
Currently: Aztez
Founder, Flashbang Studios
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: January 03, 2010, 10:43:48 PM »

Dragonmaw have you thought about getting someone else to edit these episodes? I'm quite interested in the show but doing a weekly podcast seems self-defeating if the episodes then are just left to gather dust until some unspecified point in the future when you'll find time to put them together.

I'm not trying to be mean, I do a podcast myself (and had to edit a 7 person mess of a special episode over Christmas) so am well aware of the work involved but I just think in the best interests of the show if you've not got time to do it perhaps someone else does?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic