Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 03:16:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallLylian: first gameplay trailer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lylian: first gameplay trailer  (Read 2131 times)
ionside
Level 1

what was I doing, again?

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2009, 03:40:08 AM »

Hello,

This is a little project I've been working on for the past 2 years.
Still has a ways to go, but is now pretty much at a playable stage.

please visit www.lyliangame.com for the gameplay video

Also, I'm aware the word 'nostril' is spelt incorrectly, and it's been fixed in-game.  Hand Thumbs Up Left

If you get a chance to take a look see; thanks!

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:26:33 AM »

Mmm, that is one interesting looking game.

I'll be watching its progress.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 10:58:55 AM »

looks very nice. a bit of advice though. if you have a lot of text in a trailer to read, it's best to err on the side of like 3x as slow as your own reading rate. i know this from experience, because whatever speed i put text to read in my games' trailers, everyone always says it goes by too fast.

another bit of advice: if possible build a mailing list so that people can be notified when the game is finished. not everyone has twitter or facebook and checks it every day, so a notification email would go a long way. ymlp is the one i use (although it isn't free it's reasonable to buy).

also, this shouldn't really be posted in the feedback forum. the feedback forum is for games with demos, not for trailers; use the announcement or devlog forums for that.

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 11:37:45 AM »

The game looks pretty cool Smiley when are you going thinking of releasing a playable demo of this?

Ninja Dodo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 12:26:36 PM »

Looks cool! I agree with Paul you could make the text go by a lot slower, or leave it out entirely if that's not the point of the trailer...

Look forward to seeing more of this.

ionside
Level 1

what was I doing, again?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 01:47:35 PM »

Hey, thanks for having a look at the video, and cheers for the great feedback!

@Paul, Yes the dialog does go much slower, but I was worried about 'boring' the viewer and skipped through them fast for video. But I understand now that was a silly idea. Smiley
I also have a mailing list, but I haven't moved it across from the www.pixelpickle.com website yet. I'll certainly do that today.
Sorry I wasn't sure whether to put in feedback, or announcements.

@Guert, I'm hoping to bring out a small demo by end of November. It will be just one level of the game.

Thanks again!

Jason Bakker
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 03:27:37 PM »

Hey man, good to see the game in motion - looks pretty cool! Kiss How are you tracking for the IGF?

Ed: Oh, the best part of the trailer is the transition from the dark world to light world. The comic book part looks cool as well!

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 04:17:31 PM »

I really like it, it has a great unsettling feel. Keeping an eye on this.

Is it too late for more enemy variety though? I'd love to see more strange things, even if it's changing a nurse sprite to a doctor or something every now and again.

ionside
Level 1

what was I doing, again?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 04:44:49 PM »

Cheers guys Smiley

@Jason - man, not sure, Concerned. I'll be sending it in, but not sure it will be at a stage I'm totally happy with.

@unsilentwill - there will be more enemies, most certainly. Although the nurses are the most common. There's is another variation of them that lug large syringes, but I'm still up in the air whether that might be pushing things too far (I know games like bioshock have girls with big needles, but stabbing a little girl with a big needle might seem wrong).

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic