Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 10:04:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Don't Piss the Pencerkoff
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Don't Piss the Pencerkoff  (Read 45967 times)
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 08:49:57 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

I just watched "from beyond" and this is awesome Wizard

That a movie about fat naked guys?

Updated the first post with the rest of the grappling animation.  I'm getting to the point where I'm not animating as much as organizing these sprites.  Which is good, I guess.

-PENCERKOFF

captain catton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 08:55:24 AM »

This looks really nice!
and it's not for me, but you should so make an animation of the melted fat guy jiggling as he moves
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2009, 09:00:34 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

-PENCERKOFF

This is fantastic!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
+peter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2009, 03:37:51 PM »

This is such an excellent idea for a character... however, may I nitpick?
For the animations where the gut is swinging away from the character, the overall mass of the character is growing - meaning, the character is growing additional fat.

This is totally fine, but I wonder if the effect would be stronger if the character's mass remained the same, so when the fat ball extends from the body, all of the fat is pulled off the body leaving the rest of the character sickly thin looking (kind of). It would be pretty gross at least.

blog traylorpark.com tweet @peterspalace
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 03:52:33 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

OBEY

-PENCERKOFF

Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 04:10:07 PM »

Holy shit!

Perfect sprites for "A boy and his blob...of fat"

Working on HeliBrawl
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 04:54:09 PM »

He could also use his gut to pole vault.  Durr...?

hi
+peter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 01:13:31 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

OBEY

-PENCERKOFF

Dude .. what the hell, im eating dinner Outraged

blog traylorpark.com tweet @peterspalace
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2009, 01:33:11 AM »

Dude .. what the hell, im eating dinner Outraged
No. He did.
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 07:52:42 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

Updated first post with a death animation.  I'll modify it later into a falling too far animation, cause they seem fairly similar.

I thought up a few more animations to do later, but I don't feel like that would be enough.  I think I need a few more silly ones to round out my selection.  So keep suggesting.

-PENCERKOFF

Greender
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 09:00:38 AM »

Really original work. That fat guy is amazing.

Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 11:48:50 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

Updated 5 animations in one :

Jumping
Falling
Falling too Far
Being Unconscious
Getting Up

I'm not proud of every frame I did there, but I think it gets the point across.  I'm almost done with this guy, so I guess I have to start designing enemies or something.

-PENCERKOFF

Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 11:22:06 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

I now have a frog animation posted.  I'm admittedly jealous of Fifth's dog animations, so I figured I'd try my hand at an animal or two.

At least for now I am done with the fat guy.  I might come back to him if I feel he needs something.

-PENCERKOFF

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009, 01:27:24 PM »

Awesome stuff comrade.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 10:15:36 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

It's scary how much my new animation resembles my Klik n Play work back a thousand years ago.  The bird would be mouse controlled, having a main attack of dropping exploding eggs.  On the ground would be some stick figure that was controlled by the directional keys.  The stick figure would shoot bananas or something upward at the bird and there would be a great duel.  When I got bored of the thing (in like 2 minutes) I'd create an event where anytime two egg objects collided they would shoot off another egg in a random direction.  This would create something I dubbed "the effect" which would have thousands of eggs flying every which way, only limited by the object limit of klik n play.

Those were the days.

-PENCERKOFF

AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 11:45:57 AM »

The Fat Man is wicked-cool. You surely need to make some simple blocks and enemies in the same style? Or is Pencerkoff not a TileSet Man?

I've promised myself not to do any programming for this compo- but if I was going to I'd definitely use Fatso. To make his "Melt" animation much more useful, could you do a "Melt Walk"? Just a little 4 frame diddle-diddle-diddle walk animation so he can go under low passageways, sneak through ducts etc.

Morphball eat your heart out.

Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2009, 02:08:43 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

The Fat Man is wicked-cool. You surely need to make some simple blocks and enemies in the same style? Or is Pencerkoff not a TileSet Man?

I've promised myself not to do any programming for this compo- but if I was going to I'd definitely use Fatso. To make his "Melt" animation much more useful, could you do a "Melt Walk"? Just a little 4 frame diddle-diddle-diddle walk animation so he can go under low passageways, sneak through ducts etc.

Morphball eat your heart out.

Melt-Walk animation is up.

As for the nature of other things I'll be making... I'm not sure if I'll even get to tiles or backgrounds.  I've noticed that very few people feel like animating in this competition so far, and if I don't make a few well-developed characters, all the games are going to be crappy rougelike 8x8 pixel pieces of crap.  Someone needs to explain that rougelike means like Rouge's gameplay, not Rouge's graphics.  I can't even name one guy who's played Rouge.

I don't mean to sound like an jerk, it's just I feel that things are very limited when nobody goes outside their comfort zone of sprite size.

You should make that game using my animations, though.  I'd be willing to bet nobody can pull off using that grappling-gut animation I did.  Think of it as a challenge... Metroid style gameplay with ability power-ups like Melt and Grappling Gut and roller ball thing.

-PENCERKOFF

Sar
Level 3

Likes Violins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 02:51:08 PM »

I can't even name one guy who's played Rouge.

*waves hand* - you can now (presuming that's a typo, anyway)! Tongue

My dad had a DOS port of the original when I was young, back in the mid eighties when men were men and floppy disks were really floppy. Or at least bendable.

(I was in a bit of an experimental phase at the time and left it out in the sun to see if those stories he told us about floppies going bad when they were left out in the sun were true. It turns out they were. :/)

But anyway, I kind of agree - friendly 'competitions' like this are a great opportunity to try something new, and while this particular one is a bit of an exception in that whatever you produce in the first half, it could be useful to someone else later, a lot of the time it's hardly worth entering if you're not going to push your boundaries at least a little bit, IMO. I'm certainly doing something I've not done before myself.

Currently working on: Chronicle of Mars
Previous Projects: [Käfer|Tristan and Iseult(TIGS)]
shrimp
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 03:14:03 PM »

Risking some derailment here, I'll confess to liking the RL graphics that have come out, although the situation is mildly strange. I'm certainly tempted to do something with them in part 2, mostly cos I want to code something turn-based as I want a break from sucking at real-time game implementation and can't get to grips with GM, MMF etc. And I like boardgames.

On topic, the fat blob guy is ace. For the metroid idea, he might work OK on some tiles from here? Just saying there are some mash-ups that might not look too mashy.

ETG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 03:54:19 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic