Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:42:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Resources
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Resources  (Read 53375 times)
Mocker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2009, 05:25:50 AM »

I'm having trouble extracting the music using WinRAR. It should support 7zip but it won't load them. What do you use for extracting them on Windows?

I code like the wind - the wind crashes many things
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2009, 07:34:32 AM »

7zip made this so it will surely undo your package as well, just use the context menu option on .001 file

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2009, 09:25:00 AM »

I have the same problem. Windows doesn't give me an "Extract" context menu option, and WinRAR won't recognize the file type.

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2009, 10:32:24 AM »

I have the same problem. Windows doesn't give me an "Extract" context menu option, and WinRAR won't recognize the file type.
7zip << use this

mirosurabu
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2009, 11:09:20 AM »

7zip reports broken files in the music package.

Ran a 'test archive' and got the same results.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 11:13:59 AM by Miroslav Malešević » Logged
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2009, 11:46:41 AM »

I'm getting errors from the music download too. Probably an incomplete upload?

AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2009, 12:29:27 PM »

Hmmm

I'm a little annoyed that my graphics aren't in the Graphics Zip file. I appreciate the effort of making it, but we're all kinda relying on it being comprehensive.

Or were there problems with my big filesize/not all my stuff being embedded in my topic?

Well, here's my stuff anyway, same link as on my forum page:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C05KH2YE

Haven't checked for any other errors, music or otherwise...

AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2009, 12:36:10 PM »

Sorry about that previous post, just saw lulzapricot's (perfectly fair) justification. Seems only my assets aren't included!  Cry

Well, hopefully people will see it on Derek's organized page! (or a little link coulda been placed under the Graphics Zip link at the start of this topic Well, hello there!)

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2009, 02:09:55 PM »

Has anyone successfully un7zipped the music package?

shrimp
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2009, 02:31:51 PM »

I just this minute tried and got a huge list of broken file messages, and the files extracted to zero bytes.

I'm never exactly sure what to do with those multipart archives. In this case, I opened 7zip, went to the download dir, selected both files, right clicked and hit extract.

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2009, 02:38:27 PM »

my bad then... i'd be glad if someone else uploaded this, since my transfer is pretty bad for huge things.

Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2009, 03:24:30 PM »

I just this minute tried and got a huge list of broken file messages, and the files extracted to zero bytes.

I'm never exactly sure what to do with those multipart archives. In this case, I opened 7zip, went to the download dir, selected both files, right clicked and hit extract.
Sounds like your method of extractions works.
Sos' method works for me (still results in 159 0 byte files though):
7zip made this so it will surely undo your package as well, just use the context menu option on .001 file
You can also 'combine' the files if you select part001 and choose combine from the menu (this will give you an ordinary .7z file which you can then extract), or you can just extract part001 and I think it will extract all the files for you.  (I am not a 7z expert, this post may contain errors, trying to help)

Sorry about that previous post, just saw lulzapricot's (perfectly fair) justification. Seems only my assets aren't included!  Cry

Well, hopefully people will see it on Derek's organized page! (or a little link coulda been placed under the Graphics Zip link at the start of this topic Well, hello there!)

Quite unfortunate your files are not included in the zip, Adam.  Perhaps you can have a 'special' link for you files, or something.  I understand why Adam's assets are not included in the 7z file, but I think it would be nice if the 7z file was a comprehensive list of ALL the GFX assets.

Has anyone successfully un7zipped the music package?
Attempted extracting the file(s) multiple times.  No luck.
my bad then... i'd be glad if someone else uploaded this, since my transfer is pretty bad for huge things.
I can't upload a file I don't have... Sad (well, a working file at least)
Could try a torrent.  I think torrents have some 'error' checking, allowing people to re-download and re-upload portions of the file whose hash is off.  Once someone gets the entire file they can upload it to a file hosting site.

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Kazerad
Level 1

Should really make more games.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2009, 03:35:06 PM »

I got some of the music files out alright, but more than half of them are broken.

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2009, 03:21:24 AM »

After some hours of straight work I have managed to collect every* last art asset and have now uploaded them in .zip format on mediafire. Smiley

THIS IS NOT EVERYTHING :>

seriously people, I suggest browsing through forums yourselves instead of being lazy. The assmebleech is a dumb tool and can't grab it all, lulzapricot's package lacks some assets too (mine for quick instance) and my music package just didn't work...

Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2009, 03:29:19 AM »

We can always wait until Derek has finished his thorough and complete web compilation of all of it. Then we can make zips/torrents easy. Just... Wait.
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2009, 05:01:51 AM »

We can always wait until Derek has finished his thorough and complete web compilation of all of it. Then we can make zips/torrents easy. Just... Wait.

This has nothing to do with being less lazy...

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2009, 05:28:14 AM »

Here's the WIP organized list:

http://www.derekyu.com/tigs/assemblee/

Sorry, I've been really busy this past week.  I'm going to try to finish it up by this Sunday, though.

I wouldn't worry about everyone using oryx's tiles.  1. They're cool tiles and 2. it's still pretty early in the competition.
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2009, 05:40:52 AM »

Here's the WIP organized list:

http://www.derekyu.com/tigs/assemblee/

Sorry, I've been really busy this past week.  I'm going to try to finish it up by this Sunday, though.

I wouldn't worry about everyone using oryx's tiles.  1. They're cool tiles and 2. it's still pretty early in the competition.

good job you did thar... probably the goodest ever since.

would you mind adding my subdimensionally existant artwork as well?

Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2009, 05:41:11 AM »

Wowzamagod! Keep going!
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2009, 06:29:00 AM »

THIS IS NOT EVERYTHING :>

seriously people, I suggest browsing through forums yourselves instead of being lazy.
Quoted for emphasis

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic