Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 09:48:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Resources
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Resources  (Read 52943 times)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2009, 06:30:27 AM »

Wow very neatly organized, it really makes you realize the amount of work put up by some people Shocked

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Kazerad
Level 1

Should really make more games.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2009, 07:27:17 PM »

Nice list!

Also, while I recognize it's not done yet, my somewhat-a-joke sfx pack is not on there, nor are my complete sprite sheets (though they would admittedly stretch the page pretty bad).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 07:30:18 PM by Kazerad » Logged

Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2009, 07:34:38 PM »

Nice list!

Also, while I recognize it's not done yet, my somewhat-a-joke sfx pack is not on there, nor are my complete sprite sheets (though they would admittedly stretch the page pretty bad).
I did recognize that not all the assets, at the time I looked, were on there.  There were links to every artists thread, I think.  So I think there is a nice demonstration of the artist's work and several downloads available there, and a link to the thread to get more information and work is great.

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
lulzapricot
Level 0

om nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2009, 08:51:21 PM »

After some hours of straight work I have managed to collect every* last art asset and have now uploaded them in .zip format on mediafire. Smiley

THIS IS NOT EVERYTHING :>

seriously people, I suggest browsing through forums yourselves instead of being lazy. The assmebleech is a dumb tool and can't grab it all, lulzapricot's package lacks some assets too (mine for quick instance) and my music package just didn't work...
Sorry, your assets were posted with the sound icon, I was planning to do a second pass checking through the entirety of threads and the sound threads, but after the hours the first pass took I really wasn't up to it xD.  And yes, you're right, until derek gets the organized list complete, checking through the forums may be the best approach.
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2009, 10:13:51 PM »

Here's the WIP organized list:

http://www.derekyu.com/tigs/assemblee/

Sorry, I've been really busy this past week.  I'm going to try to finish it up by this Sunday, though.

I wouldn't worry about everyone using oryx's tiles.  1. They're cool tiles and 2. it's still pretty early in the competition.

Amazing job so far Derek. 

oryx's sprites are really good obviously, but I'm not sure why everyone and their mom is using them.  Looking through that page, there are soooo many incredible assets that work well with each other.

saluk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2009, 11:36:58 PM »

I'm going to be very sorry if I don't get to play Joaquim's girl dressing up as animals game Sad I already have two games in progress or I would take that on. Unfortunately, one of my games does indeed use Oryx's characters Smiley

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2009, 11:58:26 PM »

I've been browsing around for a while now and I can't seem to find a nice, short, 8-bittish level complete fanfare.  Anyone know of one?

tweet tweet @j_younger
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2009, 12:17:34 AM »

I'm going to be very sorry if I don't get to play Joaquim's girl dressing up as animals game Sad I already have two games in progress or I would take that on. Unfortunately, one of my games does indeed use Oryx's characters Smiley

This anti-oryx meme makes me uncomfortable.

And yeah totally, Joaquim's stuff is so tweaky and bizarre it BETTER be used by someone - pregnant unicorns? child furry fetish? militia men cleaved in half? ostriches? missle rain? grandfather clocks and hanged men? holy shit.
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2009, 12:56:26 AM »

Well, it's not your fault that your stuff is so good that everyone's using it, but it's a bit tiresome and you're a convenient scapegoat...? :p

I intend to use the pregnant (fat?) unicorn, the missile rain, and the clocks/the curtains/chair from Joaquim's stuff somewhere. I'd also like to see the furry children get used somewhere because they're weird and awesome, but while I'm pretty much just throwing whatever together and hoping it looks okay, I don't think they'll fit...
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2009, 01:01:40 AM »

I am using your sprites because they are nice and simple and suitable for my nice, simple puzzle game.  I hope people don't start voting down games just because they have your sprites in them.

tweet tweet @j_younger
saluk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2009, 01:08:54 AM »

I am using your sprites because they are nice and simple and suitable for my nice, simple puzzle game.  I hope people don't start voting down games just because they have your sprites in them.

If people voted games down for using oryx, every game would be voted down and it would even out. But who would vote down an oryx-themed game anyway. Only a hater of all that is good and holy would do that.

Sar
Level 3

Likes Violins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2009, 02:07:39 AM »

Seriously, I don't think there's really any anti-oryx feeling so much as anti-everyone-making-the-same-thing feeling. It would be a shame for only a small subset of the assets to end up being used, after all! And since your assets are most-suited to roguelikes, I guess there's also a faint worry that nobody will do anything that imaginative for the second half of the contest, which would also be a shame.

I mean, I was reluctant to use your stuff myself. Not because I dislike you (I don't) and not because your sprites aren't pretty great (they are) but because everyone and their dog is using them and they don't completely fit my needs anyway. And to be honest, you've done so many of the damned things that they seem like a bit of an easy route out, there's not so much need to make do with a limited set of assets when there's this giant set of a billion characters available.

Currently working on: Chronicle of Mars
Previous Projects: [Käfer|Tristan and Iseult(TIGS)]
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2009, 04:04:12 AM »

I don't think there's a meme going on, it's just people remarking on the fact that so many of the games are using your stuff. Don't let it go to your head.

edit: I agree 100% with Sar. Every word.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 04:07:18 AM by Alex May » Logged

zpxlng
Level 0

GRILL GAMER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2009, 05:16:30 AM »

I've been browsing around for a while now and I can't seem to find a nice, short, 8-bittish level complete fanfare.  Anyone know of one?

Might I suggest... MINE?? Well, hello there!

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=9326.0

I did a 'Death' sting and a 'VICTOLY!' sting. They are not actually chiptunes but they are chiptunes in spirit. I hope they're of use to you!
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2009, 09:56:37 AM »

I don't think there's a meme going on, it's just people remarking on the fact that so many of the games are using your stuff. Don't let it go to your head.

edit: I agree 100% with Sar. Every word.

I'm not, I was just making a joke  Grin - I think there are tons of great assets by everyone nd hope they all get used and I hope at least the roguelikes all have interesting twists like playing as a princess on the 40th level and you have to get out instead or have different kinds of strategy elements or whatnot.
Jo-o
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2009, 11:55:47 AM »

It's kind of sad not being able to participate part 2....
(sigh)

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2009, 12:36:25 PM »

It's kind of sad not being able to participate part 2....
(sigh)

why is that?

Jo-o
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2009, 02:09:57 PM »

I don't have the knowledge or ability...

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2009, 02:17:57 PM »

I don't have the knowledge or ability...

Consider this the best ever oppoturnity to learn that, seriously, it's waaay easier than it seems.

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »

It's more easily acquired than you'd think!
 Gentleman

hi
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic