Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 11:41:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Part Two Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Part Two Discussion  (Read 62098 times)
cougarten
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2009, 07:06:27 AM »

Sourcecodes please:
Hi,
As the games are allready Remixes of the assets somehow I'd love to see some sourcecode.

Anybody willing to do so: please post your source once you are done so noobs like me can lurk their eyes out. (I'm espacially interested in Flixel, Flash, Processing, Java and GUI-easy-peasy stuff like Gamemaker)
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2009, 10:43:42 AM »

I seem to remember there was a couple other guys with similar quality lofi sprites in part 1 , or did I just dream that?
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=8834.0

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2009, 05:58:36 PM »

I seem to remember there was a couple other guys with similar quality lofi sprites in part 1 , or did I just dream that?
That's ok. People forget I exist in real life too. As long as at least one person uses my sprites it'll all be worth it.

Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2009, 06:32:46 PM »

I'm completely out of steam. Thinking of starting a new project involving the furry-girl vs the creepy shadow cave paintings, but am reluctant to leave yet another project unfinished. OTOH, the alternative is ... well, leaving it unfinished anyway and doing nothing, because I just can't bring myself to do any more work on it.

Meh, maybe I'll go back to it later, or something.
ETG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2009, 08:55:11 PM »

Even I did one. But it's well hidden somewhere in the part 1 board.
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2009, 11:35:17 PM »

That's ok. People forget I exist in real life too. As long as at least one person uses my sprites it'll all be worth it.

Imma take your sprites to the finish line, buddy!

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Jo-o
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2009, 01:14:44 AM »

Is there anyone making a fight game?

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2009, 08:06:11 PM »

Is there anyone making a fight game?
No one that's made a thread at least.

hi
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2009, 04:09:53 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing the really off the wall entries. The ones that take the assets and totally subvert their intended use. Don't think I'll go that route myself, but looking forward to seeing others do it.

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2009, 11:32:33 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing the really off the wall entries. The ones that take the assets and totally subvert their intended use. Don't think I'll go that route myself, but looking forward to seeing others do it.

A watermelon beat'em up perhaps?

ras
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2009, 11:47:35 AM »

First, started making a point and click adventure game, then, realizing some weird things, many probably including the lack of pnc adventure game interface graphics, so I started making a turn-based RPG with a Fallout(1&2, not 3) style combat system.
Now I am not really sure which one to continue with, since I usually(read=always) end up not finishing one entry it seems to be unusually stupid trying to make two entries...
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2009, 01:50:03 PM »

I'm sad no one is using yokomeshi's excellent 1-bit quipu sprites.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2009, 01:59:23 PM »

There's a lot of stuff that isn't being used yet.

hi
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2009, 03:35:02 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

There's a lot of stuff that isn't being used yet.

General rule for all future Competitions:
So long as it hasn't been used in a previous TIGSource Competition, you can use any sprite from Assemblee part 1 in the current competition.

If that were true, we'd use most of the remaining sprites within a few years.

-PENCERKOFF

Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2009, 08:56:17 PM »

If that were true, we'd use most of the remaining sprites within a few years.
Don't forget the music and sfx.
dbb
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2009, 05:44:25 AM »

I forsee an unoffical "phase 3" to this competition in February / March, wherein the people who participated in part one team up with the people who used their resources in part two, and get to produce the game-specific assets that the rules currently prohibit them from providing.

I mean, there's a couple of awesome-looking games using my graphics, but every time I see them I think "Oh, damn, if only I'd thought to provide x" or "now I see that sprite in context, I realise it would look much better if I did x".

And yes, in general, assuming everyone's up for it, I strongly feel that the part 1 entries should form the core of a permanent library of CC-licensed sound and graphics for make benefit glorious TIGsource nation.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2009, 06:09:55 AM »

approval

Sar
Level 3

Likes Violins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2009, 07:20:26 AM »

And yes, in general, assuming everyone's up for it, I strongly feel that the part 1 entries should form the core of a permanent library of CC-licensed sound and graphics for make benefit glorious TIGsource nation.

Likewise. But given that different people have different preferences for licenses, it may be difficult to keep the license consistent; the only realistic way to do it as I see it is just to ask everyone who contributed to declare an explicit license for their stuff, and I expect you'd find the majority of the assets split down non-commercial/share-alike lines, with a significant number never explicitly put under any particular license 'cause the creator either forgot or didn't want to...

Currently working on: Chronicle of Mars
Previous Projects: [Käfer|Tristan and Iseult(TIGS)]
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2009, 07:23:29 AM »

I mean, there's a couple of awesome-looking games using my graphics, but every time I see them I think "Oh, damn, if only I'd thought to provide x" or "now I see that sprite in context, I realise it would look much better if I did x".
Same here.
TIGReSource anyone?

Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2009, 04:15:44 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

Yes!  We need a library of graphics and sound that are creative commons or whatever, and people can just submit all the crap they have lying around their computer that never became a game.  We would need some good organization, perhaps some kind of browser that would organize indie assets...

TIGSource might then really be your only indie-gaming stop.  Everybody will lose interest in other indie sites and we will be forced to become incorporated to handle the traffic.  Eventually TIGSource will go public and indie games will become main-stream games and main-stream games will become indie.  Everyone will leave TIGSource to join up with Nintendo to feel more indie.  Mario becomes the new Cave Story, the empire loses the death-star to a single photon torpedo, and everybody gets married.  THE END

-PENCERKOFF

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic