Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 04:06:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRed Wizard Island
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Red Wizard Island  (Read 25979 times)
r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2012, 06:03:41 AM »

- new level halfway through design.
- horizontal shooter mechanics are in place
- catapult, check
- explosive blue flame guy, check

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2012, 06:35:25 AM »

- finished horizontal shooter level, where player flies on a bird and shoots fireballs
- started on gfx for next level (elves & their houses, maybe some gnomes too)
- added code so that NPCs can follow you around (for quests, like, herd the sheep back to their master or something)

new video this week.

Wizard

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2012, 04:57:41 AM »

Hey you guys,

of the sidescrolling bird-flying level.

Today was a day for optimization. I've tackled some issues which got a less than optimal framerate. Got the game running nice and smooth now, without having to compromise.

The next two weeks I'll be on vacation, so I won't be doing any coding or pixeling during that time. However, I will most likely do level design and make sketches and think about the storyline. See you in two weeks.  :good:

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2012, 05:55:33 AM »

Bird flying level is looking good, like it. One suggestion to help bring the bird to life would be to make it blink every once in awhile. Really like the wings though, nice job.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2012, 08:25:05 AM »

Bird flying level is looking good, like it. One suggestion to help bring the bird to life would be to make it blink every once in awhile. Really like the wings though, nice job.

Thanks. Smiley Good idea, I'll throw that in some time. Been thinking about making the body move as well, not sure about that.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2012, 02:11:16 AM »

Alright, so I did some more stuff. But because I do a little bit here and there now, and because I have no desire to update this thread with every little thing I do, I only update www.psyview.nl/blog with all the details right now. I'll use this thread for major updates, like, new videos, interesting code, or even a demo release, etc. Rest assured, I'm still going. Wink

kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2012, 02:35:24 AM »

Wow. This is actually still in development.  WTF
I must count how long has it been now.

@EDIT

Almost 10 months  Epileptic
Nice.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2012, 02:27:13 PM »

Wow. This is actually still in development.  WTF
I must count how long has it been now.

@EDIT

Almost 10 months  Epileptic
Nice.

Smiley Yep, still going.

New enemy:

He sucks the mana right out of you. Other than that, been doing little bits every day.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2012, 04:05:48 AM »

Just a short vid to illustrate my use of Wampus' colour changing code and the menu expansion I've been working on.
Framerate is due to Fraps, game runs smoothly.

Link to video

Still coding and pixeling away, just not posting about everything. Wink

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »

Haven't updated in ages. Here's a new video.
Lots of things have changed. Gearing up for multiplayer.

The audio department had the day off.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2013, 02:46:13 PM »

My musician friend is going to an indie game convention. I've made a teaser for the game for the occasion. I am moving house right now so little time is left for coding. More time spent carrying boxes. :-P Anyway, here's the teaser. Music is in-game music.

Valignus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2013, 11:08:03 AM »

I bet this is fun to work on!  It looks like it is going to be really fun to play.  I'm looking forward to playing the demo, keep up the great work!
r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »

I bet this is fun to work on!  It looks like it is going to be really fun to play.  I'm looking forward to playing the demo, keep up the great work!

Sometimes it's fun to work on, sometimes I get frustrated by old code.  Lips Sealed It will be a buggy release probably, but a release nonetheless. Right now the code is full of holes so fixing that, and I'm adding new levels.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2013, 02:37:16 AM »

Ok you guys,

I'm uploading an unfinished beta today or tomorrow. I told myself I wanted to release something by the end of may, and it's the end of may, so yeah. I haven't done much on this project for a while though, so expect it to be buggy and unfinished. Lately I've been working on an app for a client (which pays money) so I haven't had time to revise the levels or the collision detection or readjust the spells or all the other things I'd like to do. It's still a playable game though, so I figure I would give it to you so you can have some fun with it.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2013, 07:02:38 AM »

Here are links to download:

Linux version
Mac OSX version
Windows version

WASD to move, number keys select spells, left mouse click casts. Only spells 1 & 2 work correctly. Shop system is not balanced. Many bugs inside, some of them are game-crashers. Still, enjoy. Wink

Ninja Dodo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2013, 01:30:03 PM »

I had a play through the alpha (windows). The magic powers are fun to play around with but it seems none of the enemies can damage me - only water - which sort of kills the challenge. There's also some major lag when you start the level and near boats in general, plus the character teleports all over the place when this happens sometimes falling into the water and dying.

I would fix those bugs first, but I also have a minor gameplay suggestion: kind of a matter of taste but I would give the player more freedom of movement in the air, especially when jumping straight up. Right now if you're not already moving left or right when you jump, it's really hard to get anywhere when airborne.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:50:46 AM by Ninja Dodo » Logged

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2013, 05:52:03 AM »

I had a play through the alpha (windows). The magic powers are fun to play around with but it seems none of the enemies can damage me - only water - which sort of kills the challenge. There's also some major lag when you start the level and near boats in general, plus the character teleports all over the place when this happens sometimes falling into the water and dying.

I would fix those bugs first, but I also have a minor gameplay suggestion: kind of a matter of taste but I would give the player more freedom of movement in the air, especially when jumping straight up. Right now if you're not already moving left or right when you jump, it's really hard to get anywhere when airborne.

Thank you for playing! Your feedback is very much appreciated, I have listed the things you mentioned. I haven't had the problem of the teleporting on my own machines, so I'm not sure how I would test that. Still, thank you very much!

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2013, 10:25:05 AM »

As you may have noticed, collision detection is completely messed up. At least it was, until today I tried this. Now it will only take some time until I've got all interactive objects in the game ported to my own custom physics engine, which I have been developing for some time. That means no more jittery movement, falling through ground and walking through walls, or magically "climbing" them. It also means I can have all game objects behave far more realistically in their response to a collision.

I also updated the map screen.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2013, 02:14:23 PM »

Been some time. Started work on the physics engine yesterday. The controls will have to be adjusted to it, and also all enemies, powerups, and critters. The camera needs work too. Also.

Two new guys:

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2013, 03:15:51 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic