Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:21:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralLists!!! Paper!!! Stuff to write with!!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lists!!! Paper!!! Stuff to write with!!!  (Read 2138 times)
Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2013, 07:32:03 PM »

I have been trudging the do-it-yourself learn to develop quite ritually for about three months now.. and I am in love with making lists, and notes and 'down the roads', do these 'arts' when to much was drank.

Of all the lessons I have learned off this board and many sites about coding and game design, I think the use of lists just was learned as well.  Lists... love 'em.

Trying more and more to relate less and less to Sisyphus.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 08:03:33 PM »

1.  Cool.
2.  Haha this IS fun
poe
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 08:10:43 PM »

You got nothin on this guy
Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 07:23:16 AM »

Hahahaha.. nicely played.. sitting down with a cup of coffee after a few hours of sleep looking at that cracked me up. 

Back to work on those lists.

i.i
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 07:57:18 PM »

I like to put a short to-do sticky note on the space next to the touchpad that laptops have.
It's always there..constantly pestering at the corner of my vision to get things done.
+ it's convenient as a quick idea doodle dropper
VortexCortex
Level 2

Engram Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 09:48:26 AM »

I like CherryTree notes.  It's a simple lightweight hierarchical note keeping program.  I like digital lists because I can link to pertinent external information (other lists, docs and websites) from within them.  Digital note files are easy to synchronize across my systems (simple rsync daemon).

I don't share your love for staining thin sheets of dead trees, but I understand it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:56:02 AM by VortexCortex » Logged

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 04:15:19 AM »

What about Evernote? Does anyone use that? I tried it once, but found it too unnecessary for only one computer.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 07:47:04 AM »

note/todo list are nice, i love em. But note/todo list in pc is just a waste of space.

I got a piece of paper punched with two hole and hang it on the window beside me so i can refer it anytime. Just wish i have a giant whiteboard to write with.

meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 11:34:36 AM »

Massive advocate of this. I usually just keep a scrap of paper on my desk and then check things off as I do them. When I run out of white space I retire it and get another scrap piece.

I also keep a personal closed devlog for each game I make so I've also got somewhere to post pictures I like the look of etc for inspiration.

Family is all that matters now.
Sheltered Devlog
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 01:25:11 AM »

Workflowy, beyonces. Cool
barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »

Trello is great for making to-do lists. I've got a big whiteboard on my wall, too, so I use that sometimes when I'm sick of sitting in a chair.

Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 08:00:40 AM »

I adopted Workflowy.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I began to have multiple lists of the same lists all over, and if couldn't jam them under something on the desk then they made it to the walls.. and if it made it to the walls then a specific white cat named Anna always tried to take 'em down.

So I am now going to use Workflowy.  See how that goes.  Already I have reformatted the 'list' three times in two days..

Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 06:59:23 AM »

What about Evernote? Does anyone use that? I tried it once, but found it too unnecessary for only one computer.
I started using Evernote once on my phone. It's handy if you have 3 laptops, a pc, an iPad, two phones for work and non-work and an electronic cat, but otherwise is kind of pointless. Also it randomly deletes your files or makes is so that you can only access them from wifi hotspots which is weird

So long and thanks for all the pi
Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 08:37:16 AM »

I used Workflowy for about 2 weeks.  Loved it.  Then fell out of love with it.  It was so antiseptic feeling.

I now am back to sheets of paper, 2 notebooks, a sketchbook, and a bound graph book.

The problem with Workflowy and me:  I couldn't draw arrows and boxes around stuff to direct my attention, and I couldn't scribble out and draw junk over finished items.

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 10:28:46 AM »

yeah, i usually just pick up whatever scrap paper/napkin i have lying around and jot down notes when needed. i bust out the phone and do quick voice recordings of to-dos when i'm out and about. i do really like the idea of lists though.

all this notebook talk reminded me of this notebook company i heard about on npr. i don't know much about it, but they seem pretty hip and stuff. http://www.moleskine.com/en/
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 01:04:50 AM »

all this notebook talk reminded me of this notebook company i heard about on npr. i don't know much about it, but they seem pretty hip and stuff. http://www.moleskine.com/en/

this is cute

if you've still got that digital itch, rahrahrah, you could check out OneNote. if you have microsoft office you probably have it and it's pretty much the best software microsoft makes.

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 08:37:44 AM »

I use nowdothis.com because it's simple and doesn't make list making a distraction in of itself.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 09:36:12 AM »

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2009/02/24/122-moleskine-notebooks/

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 09:45:06 AM »

you could take every instance of the word "white" out of that article and it'd still be true

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 07:56:39 PM »

I use nowdothis.com because it's simple and doesn't make list making a distraction in of itself.

That is exactly what it felt like.  Just another thing to do.
I felt I needed a list for the list that was growing and growing and growing.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic