Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 04:25:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsDragon Jam
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dragon Jam  (Read 1928 times)
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2014, 11:32:53 AM »

Hello, I'd like to welcome you to first (and I hope one of many in years to come) Dragon Jam.

Rules are simple: Game can be anything you want, but main character or one of main characters must be a dragon!

Jam will start on Sep 16th and will last to Sep 30. Voting will be available until Oct 31.

//edit: http://itch.io/jam/dragonjam - Countdown to begin and submissions.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:24:36 AM by darkhog » Logged

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
beakɍ
Level 0

(っ ºДº)っ ︵ ⌨ GAMEDEV IS LIFE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 06:52:05 PM »

Looks interesting. I'll have to stay updated. Smiley
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 11:19:03 AM »

Good news, worked out kinks with itchio and now link in OP points to jam's page. Don't forget to participate and spread the word!

Be a computer virus!

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 04:51:52 AM »

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 06:50:16 AM »

And so it begun. I had a little hiccup with itchio but it should be resolved now. You can submit games in link in the OP.

Be a computer virus!

Brainswitch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »

Interesting. Been meaning to try to create a procedural platformer for a while, this might be a good opportunity.

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 09:55:09 PM »

Cool! I wonder when I'll see first submissions.

Be a computer virus!

Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 05:29:16 PM »

WARNING
Apparantly the spoiler tag doesn't work here, I dunno, maybe its something I did...
Anyway, the following "meh, I might participate" post contains spoilers for games I'll likely never get around to finishing, so if you care, skip this post.

Well lets see, my mascot's (Chomp, though arguably Kyle has become a pseudo-mascot) world has two nations on a cloud over a country in which it's always simultaneously snowing and raining fire in which all the inhabitants of both nations are all alien dragons, an alternate dimension in which the primary race alive on the planet are the same alien dragons, and a minor character not from any of the previous places who is also from the same race of alien dragons. I also have an RPG that I probably will never start in which one of your party members is a crazy guy in the woods who was raised by dragons, and another RPG I'll probably never make claims that dragons lived alongside dinosaurs and literally states the reason why is that "Dragons are just cool like that." In addition, one of Bytt's robots is the Blok Wyvern, and another one is called the Angler Dragon. There was also a canned game back from when I started making games in which every character was the same race of alien dragons from the Chomp universe.

...Needless to say, I don't have enough dragon characters, so maybe I'll through something together.
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 02:18:04 AM »

Well, since it isn't LD, the only requirement is to game you put weren't published earlier on any site, i.e. you can post games that met criteria and were started earlier, unless you already published it somewhere.

Be a computer virus!

Brainswitch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 07:39:50 AM »

I am using the networking system from my other project Eza as a base, to allow for multiplayer platforming mayhem. This is fine according to the rules right? (they are quite lax, true?).

Have finished a basic random level generation system ('Binding of Isaac'-ish). Will start a devlog when I have come a bit further.

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 11:44:50 AM »

I am using the networking system from my other project Eza as a base, to allow for multiplayer platforming mayhem. This is fine according to the rules right? (they are quite lax, true?).

Have finished a basic random level generation system ('Binding of Isaac'-ish). Will start a devlog when I have come a bit further.

Sure, you can use code/assets from previous projects. The only requirement is that main character (or one of main characters in case of games with multiple characters) is a dragon.

Aside of that, let your imagination run wild.

Be a computer virus!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic