Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411704 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58455 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 20, 2024, 03:54:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural Generationsin(Surfing) [Finished]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: sin(Surfing) [Finished]  (Read 75657 times)
Pip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2008, 05:37:27 AM »

Does that mean I'm screwed then?

twohalf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2008, 02:38:59 PM »

)_; Yeah, it uses shaders to perform the bloom effect so it won't work without it... Do you possibly have access to a computer with a high-end video card?
Chrissketch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2008, 08:15:19 PM »

Took some fuhnoodling but i got it to work. I think its my favorite entry so far. For some reason, the fact that you added a clock makes me really happy. A screensaver version of this would be so cool.
twohalf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2008, 03:11:49 PM »

Took some fuhnoodling but i got it to work. I think its my favorite entry so far. For some reason, the fact that you added a clock makes me really happy. A screensaver version of this would be so cool.

Awesome, I hope more people get to play it. =) I googled it earlier today and found sin(Surfing) on a few other sites! That was pretty exciting.
2-way-constructor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2008, 04:59:19 AM »

hey maybe it's somehow possible to release version without shaders, smth like cut them off game. I am not familiar with programming so if this stupid idea sorry))
c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2008, 09:05:27 AM »

Certainly possible. The idea crossed my mind too actually.

Up to twohalf since he's the one who implemented them.

c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2008, 05:14:40 PM »

sin(Surfing) is awaiting approval on XNA Creators Club. Will it make launch date (in 8 hours)? If any registered Creators Club members can help with the approval process, we'd be very much obliged.

twohalf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2008, 12:54:35 PM »

Just as an update, it is apparently "Review Closed" but the servers seem to be having a few delays... Hopefully soon...
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2008, 02:14:28 PM »

yay! I'll download the demo as soon as it is

eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2008, 10:14:56 AM »

math! yum!

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2008, 09:54:19 PM »

It's up on the marketplace now for 200 MSP ($2.50). The trial was just as fun as the original.  Smiley

Did you change anything from the PCG entry? Any chance of online highscores?

MisterSmith
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2008, 11:37:03 PM »

I've played through a decent selection of the XNA games thus far, and a majority of them have been (IMO) anywhere from ok to downright terrible.

This game, however, is one of the few exceptions. I haven't bought it yet, but it's one of the few titles that I've had an interesting in buying so far (and I'll probably do it)

Of course, I may have been slightly biased after having read the description that the game was based off of a compo from this site. :D I hope this becomes a trend from developers here.
c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2008, 12:05:24 AM »

It's up on the marketplace now for 200 MSP ($2.50). The trial was just as fun as the original.  Smiley

Did you change anything from the PCG entry? Any chance of online highscores?

From what I've read, leaderboads are currently impossible to do with Community Games. But I haven't read much at all.

Other than getting it to work on the machine, controls and whatnot, not too much has changed since PCG. But the game is quite playable within the time limit of the demo version (I'm secretly hoping to start a Guerrilla Freeware movement on Xbox Live). Still, any purchases would most certainly be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 01:59:31 AM by Sifu Peng » Logged

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2008, 11:53:23 AM »

I am certainly going to when I get the funds. I had more fun with this game then I did with anything else on the Arcade with the exception of Braid. Great work guys  Beer!

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2008, 04:00:54 PM »

I just discovered I can`t play community games unless I`m signed in to Live, which sucks, because I can only have the internet hooked up to my X-Box once in a while, so I bought the game, and now I can`t play it.

Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2008, 04:19:17 PM »

Are you permitted to discuss sales figures?
c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2008, 06:07:44 PM »

Sales figures? What sales figures?

...no seriously, Microsoft doesn't have any system for tracking sales or downloads yet. We're about in the dark as much as you are.

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2008, 07:42:42 AM »

I bought it! Beer!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
twohalf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2008, 11:19:17 AM »

Sweet, Thanks! =)
And yeah, we have no idea of knowing yet how the game is doing except from the Popularity Sorting, which may be just tons of trial downloads.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2009, 04:05:44 PM »

I bought it a while ago, and I got hooked on the music. I love it.
Is there any way we can download it to listen to without loading up the program or turning on my 360?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic