Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 05:32:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPosting game ideas?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Posting game ideas?  (Read 1001 times)
antymattar
Level 5

Has earned the contemporary *Banned* medal

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2011, 01:00:28 PM »

So... If I have a genius idea and I want to post it here then should I? No by genious I do not mean "Lets shoot dinosaurs with harpoon guns and fly in jetppacks" but that's good too. Actually, is there a place in here somewhere to post ideas?

Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 01:03:55 PM »

Ideas without implementation have no value. Everyone is full of ideas, few are willing to break sweat for other people's ideas.

How's this rain on your parade? Tongue

Though there are idea threads, I think there is a "pitch your game idea" or something around here... Nothing wrong with discussing ideas, but they remain value-less as long as they're not implemented.
increpare
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 01:06:40 PM »

is there a place in here somewhere to post ideas?
That's what the Design forum is for, I'd guess.  Should you?  You should do so if you want to.  If it's a one-liner, then maybe this thread, otherwise post a new thread of your own.  If you plan on making the game (and, if you like it, then maybe you should!), then it might be better to put it in the devlogs board

I think that ideas are great.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 02:09:40 PM »

I think the design forum is good place though I think many people would appreciate it if there is some discussion to have about it other than "It sounds cool" etc. but it may be just me too.

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 02:13:10 PM »

Start your own DevLog on your idea, and your progress towards achieving it.

As has already been mentioned, ideas without practical application have no value. And it is very hard for most people to get passionate about an idea that they did not originally have, no matter how good it might be.

Also, you don't need to worry about Zynga stealing your idea. They only steal ideas that have already been fleshed out into full games.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic