Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 08:06:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHuman Hugs
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: Human Hugs  (Read 335911 times)
Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: November 07, 2013, 06:49:52 PM »

There needs to be a health/fitness thread where we can share tips on how to stay alive and well during development.

Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1881 on: November 07, 2013, 11:04:08 PM »

Do development during working hours, and something else out of working hours?

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: November 08, 2013, 05:46:10 AM »

There needs to be a health/fitness thread where we can share tips on how to stay alive and well during development.

I'm up for this!!

also known as the: catguy insists you nerds take up combat sports thread

BarchKing
« Reply #1883 on: November 12, 2013, 09:45:41 AM »

I'm up for this!!

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=35212.0

derek believes that he is above representing the indie as a strong man but he is wrong.

I have seen notch amongst the trophys he has stacked upon the walls - he can see in every reflection of his obese body, why is it that he can create beauty in every game now but not create beauty within his self? As he does so he bellows outside his open window; dear reader this is the funereal song of the indie. notchs delicate tears and voice are carried by the swedish winds to be caught by the other moon gazers, and they too join the chorus.

what was the meaning of their lives if they couldn't look good for the igf?

if only there was a place were the developer could get information about workouts where the artist would not fear the stomache rolls. and after thinking you would come back to derek

derek the bellows have been called - you are the only hope.

make the subforums

please

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=35212.0
Blambo
« Reply #1884 on: November 12, 2013, 09:52:30 AM »

I'm up for this!!

catguy are you bruce lee
Anfex
Level 0

as Antonio Felaco

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: November 16, 2013, 12:34:55 AM »

This thread is crazily great! Just what an unknown indie needs! :D

Let the happiness comes out!  Beer!
framk
Level 2

I don't know anything

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: November 16, 2013, 01:38:07 AM »

I don't know if I love my girlfriend anymore. Her apathy is really starting to get to me and I consider myself a pretty easy going person. I'm tired of the sleepless nights. I'm tired of constantly fighting. When she tells me she loves me I can't believe her. What has she done to show it? It was my birthday yesterday, and she had planned to visit me. She cancelled last week because she said she was too busy with school, and I understood; I don't want to get in the way of her schooling. To my surprise, however, she spent the night getting drunk with her friends. I wouldn't be mad if she had used the time she said she needed to actually get her work done, but I'm just hurt she would do this. I know I sound like a whiny bitch and I should just shut up, but I need a hug.

Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1887 on: November 16, 2013, 02:08:29 AM »

You need a hug from a new girlfriend. That one will not last anyway.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1888 on: November 16, 2013, 03:49:50 AM »

Yeah that sounds like a pretty dysfunctional situation.
Advice: Talk with her about it directly, say how you feel and why, and if you want to, work through it - if you don't, then break up and move on with your life.

Either way, that sucks; hugs.

Anfex
Level 0

as Antonio Felaco

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: November 16, 2013, 08:18:08 AM »

I don't know if...

Damn!!! You're so young! You're a teenager so fuck off everything, enjoy life and have fun!  Smiley
framk
Level 2

I don't know anything

View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: November 17, 2013, 07:54:37 AM »

Update:

I told her everything about how I felt, and we both decided it best we go our separate ways. I think she's under the impression I hate her, which is exactly the opposite of how I feel. When you're in a relationship with someone for as long I was with her, you believe for a brief moment that there has never been a love as powerful as the one you have for the other person. I realized however that my love wasn't being reciprocated, and I could honestly (and probably will) do a lot better.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1891 on: November 17, 2013, 07:26:29 PM »

Sounds like the best way to go for now. Keep your chin up if you can manage it, plenty more fish in the sea.

Naz.j
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1892 on: November 17, 2013, 08:01:47 PM »

Have any of you guys felt like you'll be alone for the rest of your life?
That's precisely what I feel right know. I feel like I'm completely unable to live with someone other than me.
But the worst part is that I'm not even concerned by that.

I'm starting to freak myself out.
Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: November 17, 2013, 08:12:09 PM »

Things have gone a bit sour where I live now. It's one of those situations where someone simply doesn't enjoy your presence. So instead of addressing the real problem and confronting you, they take an irremovable part of you nature and call it an issue. They will victimize their self and obligate you to leave.

It's my fault, I've dealt with this since I was a teenager and have made the mistake of forgiving the people who walk all over me time and time again while pushing away the people who truly care for me. It's my fault because I never say anything, I never stand up for myself when mistreated. It seemed more logical to just let it sink in and get back to work once the heart settles, but it would always affect my work somehow.

I feel obligated to fix my broken family, no one communicates, no one talks about anything. It's evermore clear that I will never be part of their lives, I'm that one variable that breaks the equation. I just remind them of who they used to be, I carried everyone's burdens and let them consume my identity. That's what I've become to the people I love, a burden.

I'm going to leave soon, I'll probably live in my car and keep working.

Blambo
« Reply #1894 on: November 17, 2013, 08:34:11 PM »

You need Wing Chun, some whiskey and discipline.
Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1895 on: November 17, 2013, 09:19:50 PM »

And a "real" job on the side to rent a decent place to live in.

Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: November 19, 2013, 04:37:02 AM »

Bingo, It's gotten to the point where having a job and 3 hours a day to work would be more productive than having free time but having to deal with the conditions living with a relative.

Liza
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1897 on: November 23, 2013, 01:27:37 AM »

Bingo, It's gotten to the point where having a job and 3 hours a day to work would be more productive than having free time but having to deal with the conditions living with a relative.

For me a government contracting job was perfect for this. Everyone's out by 5 on the dot, pretty mindless web dev work while focusing real energy on your own projects.

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1898 on: November 23, 2013, 02:07:58 AM »

My "day" job leaves me too tired to want to try and get into flow state most of the time. Sad

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Liza
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1899 on: November 23, 2013, 02:46:09 AM »

My "day" job leaves me too tired to want to try and get into flow state most of the time. Sad

Sad Do you enjoy it though? Or would you rather be doing something that lets you focus more on games?

Kind of unrelated to games specifically, but to me settling for staying in a job you don't enjoy without the opportunity to work toward something you do enjoy has never really been acceptable. A lot of people settle for work they don't enjoy or are not passionate about and think that's okay but really, it makes no sense because we often spend most of our lives on our work. On the other hand, I understand that many people are not in a position that allows them to just switch careers or find the kind of work they want to do. I guess to me it's just always been important to know that I'm moving toward what I want to do, even if it means taking some risks or using less than ideal work as stepping stones along the way to whatever that thing is.

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 115
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic