Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 07:49:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGames you REALLY dislike / hate
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Print
Author Topic: Games you REALLY dislike / hate  (Read 32071 times)
absolute8
Level 5

WTF, some aggressive nerd... (•̀ω•́)و ̑̑

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: July 16, 2014, 08:46:41 AM »

The game I dislike most is Drakkhen for the SNES. It is a game that is so laughably and astonishingly bad, that I play it time and time again for shits and giggles and then rediscover how much it sucks and feel dirty.

tieTYT
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2014, 11:58:58 AM »

I think you can watch the Angry Video Game Nerd to get a lot of good ideas.  One that I hated was Back to the Future 3 on Genesis. 

A new game that I "hate" relative to its hype is Dishonored.  The game isn't really bad, it's just nothing special.  I don't understand why it had so much hype when it first came out and I regret buying it.  I tried it for 7-9 hours and nothing was compelling me to keep playing. 

TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2014, 11:28:13 PM »

I thought Dishonored handled stealth really well.

One of the biggest issues I have with the genre is that there's often a lot of waiting for enemies to move or turn around, which can get boring and restrictive. Dishonored turned that problem on its head with the blink ability by making horizontal movement between cover faster and vertical movement easier to control.

Between that and the fact that there multiple (and very unique) ways of beating each mission, it felt like the most open-ended stealth game I've played in some time. It's not without its flaws, but I think it lived up to its "hype" pretty well.
tieTYT
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2014, 11:53:29 PM »

Blink (teleport) was cool, but to me that's just a feature.  I needed more uniqueness than that to feel like I hadn't already played this game multiple times already. 

Re: the multiple ways to beat each mission, isn't that how the Hitman series works (I've never played any)?

But like I said, I only dislike it relative to its hype.  I think it's a decent game, just not for me.  It's all the hype that's around it that makes me wonder why everyone loved it. 

ink.inc
« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2014, 02:29:05 AM »

wind waker

fire emblem 3ds

transistor
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2014, 04:46:12 AM »

- Cave Story
- GTA IV
- DAYZ
- Bioshock Infinite
- Borderlands
- Any western RPG in the vein of Diablo or Torchlight
- Any MOBA
Laddo_D
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2014, 07:03:11 PM »

I ramming my head against the wall trying to figure out why anybody likes elder scrolls games. Like, I get its this big world with lots of stuff to do, but everything in it is really shallow and boring.

Blog | Devlog
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2014, 10:05:39 AM »

I ramming my head against the wall trying to figure out why anybody likes elder scrolls games. Like, I get its this big world with lots of stuff to do, but everything in it is really shallow and boring.
YES! Although I'd add that the story and world usually suck, too. My exception is Morrowind because that game actually had a great story and location. Skyrim at least made combat kind of fun sometimes. But I almost always hit a wall like 10-20 hours in where the illusion shatters and I realize I'm just walking around fucking Disneyland.

PicklesIIDX
Level 0

Follow your heart!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: July 21, 2014, 08:02:35 AM »

I can't seem to get into these types of games either. My issue is being paralyzed with choice. When I can roleplay any person I want to be, I naturally just play myself. But this isn't interesting. When I make decisions that I want to, I do so generally knowing the results, because I want to make actions that are favorable. So I do it, and then the intended consequences come out. It's boring :c

I love games that force me to be in situations I'd never put myself in. Catherine is in my love category, for I hope to never cheat in a relationship. But by playing that game I understood what that feels like, and why someone would drink to forget.

I play as myself every day. I want games that let me play as someone I'm not.

frazerbw
Level 0

I love life at the moment! The future is bright!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: July 21, 2014, 09:35:34 AM »

Games I really hate? Hmm, I suppose my own.. because I'm never happy with things I make. But then again.. maybe also Call of Duty series.. my friends eat them up, and it is pretty annoying to see other, much more intuitive games being overlooked.

Ahhh, but on the other hand, the indie scene is getting more and more saturated every year.. so I don't know whether things will get worse or better over time, but the entry point into game developing is pretty low. Not that I can talk, I'm a fresh faced flash developer (hopefully not after my current game though).

Projects continue day by day.
medieval
« Reply #210 on: July 21, 2014, 10:16:15 AM »

the tony hawk series started to suck balls as soon as Skate was out to compete
Snow
Level 0

experienced gamer

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 21, 2014, 10:17:27 AM »

I agree. I tried Skyrim and I just couldn't drive myself further. I stopped at Fus Roh.

A pencil, blank paper and an empty room is all you need.
Ky.
Level 0

Programmer & Web Slinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: July 21, 2014, 10:24:45 AM »

This will put me in a lot of bad books:

I genuinely can't get into Zelda, 2D or 3D. Every time I try, I fall right to sleep :\ Last one I tried was Twilight Princess on the Wii, fell asleap before anything could begin.  The SNES one was OK, but couldnt play any longer than 30 minutes of it before getting bored.

I keep feeling I missed something great, but all in all I just can't do it

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: July 21, 2014, 10:49:30 AM »

stop playing games at 4 am

Ky.
Level 0

Programmer & Web Slinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: July 21, 2014, 11:40:35 AM »

stop playing games at 4 am

if your talking to me sir, I tried those at various times between the morning and afternoon, armed with a red bull.

I mean, god, my eyes get heavy even just thinking about them, and its only 12:41PM

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2014, 06:34:59 AM »

you will probably never like zelda unless you played it as a kid
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: July 22, 2014, 07:07:22 AM »

dunno, I gave the legend of zelda a serious try for the first time a few years ago and loved it

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Melon Mason
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2014, 11:09:49 PM »

Really dislike TF2.

Never liked the art style, ot the characters. Don't like the expectation I should / will play it from my Steam friends. The players never stop talking about hats. Gentleman
jgrams
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2014, 04:16:58 PM »

The players never stop talking about hats.

Well, as everyone knows, any plan vere you lose you hat iz a bad plan.

(sorry, couldn't resist)
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2014, 10:39:23 PM »

Fallout 3, Which is strange because I really enjoy the Elder Scrolls games.
I honestly can't explain it on any sort of intellectual level, I just can't stand playing it.

Think happy thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic