Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 09:46:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1955904 times)
Zelun
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7900 on: October 03, 2014, 03:45:35 PM »

Hey!

Thomaz from Brazil and I'm a game maker guy. Not doing so much in this industry for now. I'm kinda a prototype maker. Didn't do so many complete projects because i know all the hell that is to create a game.

My fav game is Megaman X without a doubt.

I try to use all the hats when I'm making my prototypes, but I am a programmer!
Buffalo Phil
Level 0

Dirigo Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7901 on: October 04, 2014, 01:39:50 AM »

Hey, I'm Phil of Dirigo Games.  I created Depths of Fear:: Knossos, and many less interesting games. Ludum Dare fan. 

Depths of Fear :: Knossos 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/252570/
Frozenwitch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7902 on: October 04, 2014, 07:33:00 AM »

Hi,

I'm Frozen Witch. I'm an amateur pixel artist. I actually working on The Dead King roguelike  Wink.

PeturDarri
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: October 04, 2014, 10:57:43 AM »

Hello World!
I'm a programmer from Iceland that has a deep passion for video games of all kinds. I try my best to be creative and artistic, but usually need another person with me for projects. I'm currently working on a mobile game called "Orbis" with my brother.
temoo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7904 on: October 04, 2014, 12:53:23 PM »

Hello everybody!

My name's Simon, and I like to make games in my spare time. So far I've completed two games, the latest of which is a top-down open world game where you play as a lion trying to survive in the wilderness.

Design-wise I'm interested in procedural generation, exploration and survival. I feel like there is so much potential if someone could make the perfect wilderness survival game. Currently though I'm working on a laser construction game inspired by Kerbal Space Program.

Favourite games include: Civ, Crusader Kings II, Wurm Online, Eve, Mount & Blade.

This forum is awesome, I don't know why I never heard about it before. Turns out there are a lot of other people doing this kind of thing!

Cheers!
lpitonakova
Level 0

Senior Software Developer @ Qubiq Interactive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7905 on: October 04, 2014, 01:03:55 PM »

Hi all, my name is Lenka, I come from the EU and currently live in Brighton, UK. Besides being a passionate indie developer with a special interest in Artificial Intelligence, I am also doing a PhD in swarm intelligence at the University of Southampton.

As a gamer I love mostly strategies, fantasy and sci-fi. A play Zerg in Starcraft and am an arcane mage in World of Warcraft. I prefer NOD rather than GDI and orcs rather than humans Smiley  Cool

My real-world interests include, apart from gaming and development, playing the guitar and writing poems.

Glad I could join this awesome forum!
Latah
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: October 04, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »

Hi everyone!

I go by Latah and I'm a self-taught programmer and PHP developer from Seattle.

I've only gotten into game development recently, so you'll probably see me asking a lot of trivial/stupid questions about animation frame calculation and collision detection in the programming forum. I enjoy learning things at a very direct level; I like understanding the minute details of how things function and prefer to code things by hand in OpenGL over using an engine.

Currently, I'm looking to make games on Android, and hope to move into more general desktop OpenGL programming from there.

I look forward to learning from you guys!
Neph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: October 04, 2014, 04:06:01 PM »

Hi there :D, im Neph and i've lurked around the forums for quite some time. I'm a student from Ireland and I make games (sort of) in my spare time as a hobby. Since I was a kid I wanted to make games and i've always had an interest in programming. I tend to prefer making games "from scratch" instead of using pre built engines like unity, game maker etc. As a result I usually spend most of my time making engines I may never make any games for Tongue

But through my struggles I have learned a lot about programming and time management. I am now at the point where I am starting to get things done and actually sort of finish games (even if they are very basic). I am also learning to use git now which is making life with large projects a LOT easier.

In terms of tools, I used to use C++ and glut but now I mainly use C# with OpenTK (for OpenGL and OpenAL). I am also starting to open up to maybe using pre-built engines a bit. Maybe one of these days I'll convert Tongue. Anyway I posted some screens below of the things im working on. I look forward to spending a bit more time on the forums and getting to know you guys :D

Some of the things im working on:

Boscaí

Boscaí is a block/voxel world game in the style of minecraft. The name is the irish word for 'boxes' and is pronounced "bus-key". Even though I call it a game, it's the engine behind it that's more important. Unlike other similar games, the world is split into cubic chunks and thus the world is (practically) infinite in every direction, not just laterally. The game lacks content right now but the engine is good so I plan to make something of it one day. Although it is basic, this game holds a special place in my heart as it's the first big project I have released to the public... ever Smiley. The game is on indieDB if you want to download it and have a look for yourself: http://www.indiedb.com/games/boscai

Old School FPS (working title)

OSFPS is something i've wanted to make since I played Marathon as a child. While most people were playing Doom I was stuck on a mac and found a little fps game from bungie with a map editor and modding tools. I've always wanted to make an fps in that style and try to make it as moddable as possible. The game is not raytraced but is rendered in true 3D in openGL. It has a built in map-editor in the style of the marathon and doom editors. Right now, it only has a few weapons and enemies, but i'm hoping to add more content and make a basic game with it to show off the engine. Then i'll work on mod support some more and hopefully some day have an engine that allows people to easily make these types of games.

Other Projects

I've worked on many projects over the years that have yet to be finished, many of them are in the early stages so they are not worth going into in depth. Though I still want to go back and make use of them in the future as a lot of them are fairly well written.

P.S. I also have a youtube channel where I make devlog videos if anyone's interested https://www.youtube.com/user/89nephilim
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:26:36 PM by Neph » Logged

Sozin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: October 04, 2014, 04:09:24 PM »

Hello everyone. I'm Zach and I'm interested heavily in the Avatar universe and potentially developing a game! I have a small, dedicated team and we're looking forward to meeting and working with you all in the near future. Thanks for having me!
SirGeorge
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: October 05, 2014, 09:33:08 PM »

Hey everyone!  Who, Me?

I'm Brad, I'm currently making a 2D RTT/TDS/RPG hybrid with a couple friends.

I mostly grew up on: One Must Fall, Chex Quest, Red Alert, Jedi Knight, Dawn of war series, Super Smash Bros, and counter-strike.

I listed these games, because they were the most influential to me.

As a Developer I tend towards the head in the clouds implementation of ideas, complete with too many options, game modes, and features that will inevitable be 90% scrapped by the final release. My programming friend is the Content cutting Nazi. This duality makes balance quite natural thus far.
BeaKManiak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7910 on: October 06, 2014, 02:32:20 AM »

Hello!

I'm Miquel Sitges and I'm a game programmer from Barcelona.

I'm currently working at Minduck Studios, a small video games development team, and we are developing our first game: Migni.

We have just discovered this forum and we are sure we can improve the game with your feedback!  Toast Right Toast Left

Migni: The Last Flame - DevLog | IndieDB | Minduck Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7911 on: October 06, 2014, 09:36:23 AM »

Hey Everyone!

I'm Jesse and I've been in games a pretty long time, but have recently gone all indie-tastic. As such, it's time to get all up on the indie community - and here's the place to start!

Cheers.

http://www.tacticstudios.com - Creators of fine strategy games.
StephenSethmusic
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: October 06, 2014, 05:33:16 PM »

Hello,my name is Stephen.I live in Virginia in the United States.I am a musician and songwriter.I have played in bands and written many songs solo.I am about to start the score and sound effects for a small space strategy game and might do the score for a local indie film.

I have read allot of posts,articles and blogs on how musicians/composers get work and contact the right people.I have joined many forums but I still have a hard time finding game developers looking for composers,or film,tv and commercial producers looking for composers.

If anyone wants to point me in a few directions I would really appreciate the help.
Below is a link to my soundcloud which has some songs I have posted.I have many more but have not posted them all.

https://soundcloud.com/letmylightshine/cinematic-demo-reel

https://soundcloud.com/letmylightshine/failing-hearts

https://soundcloud.com/letmylightshine/american-football
tjpalmer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: October 07, 2014, 08:12:46 AM »

I'm Tom. Started coding in Basic on a Tandy MC-10 with no permanent storage at about age 7 in the early 80s. Was an Amiga user in high school and had an interest in making games. Haven't been hardcore about it most of the time, though, and I don't game a lot myself. When I do, it's mostly casual. Entered a few times in the Java 4K game contest. I like things ranging from C++ to JS and all kinds of alternative languages/technologies. Currently trying to see if Haxe is a good idea. I usually prefer 2D, but some things need to be 3D, so I'll probably have to get more into that. (4D is tempting sometime, too, actually. Maybe.) Also currently a PhD student, studying AI and machine learning. I need to graduate, but I'm trying to dabble back in game making, too.

itto
Level 0

Oscar Wings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7914 on: October 07, 2014, 08:35:40 AM »

Hi guys! My name is Jose and I'm a programmer from Italy Gentleman

I fell in love with videogames really early in my life, when I was around 5. At first I was playing some games on some old computer my dad had in his office. Then I started to play with the Amiga and Commodore 64 of a couple of friends, until finally my parents decided to buy me a NES as a present! Kiss

I quickly become addicted playing with it and immediately started to wonder how a game could be created. Sadly, we had no internet back in the days and resources on the subject were basically zero. It took a lot of time for me to discover programming and learn what it was about. At 16 I started spending a lot of time programming games, with a friend as a 2D artist. I was using BlitzBasic at the time. Now, after many years spent learning and a lot of attempts into making a game turned into mere prototypes, we are determined to bring something to light!  Hand Metal Right

My favorite game of all time is Super Metroid, a masterpiece of game design. Other all-time favorites include Zelda (SNES), Street Fighter II, Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, etc etc etc.

Here's our development website, Oscar Wings.
And here's our game in development, Destroyetor (playable).

I hope to meet many interesting people sharing my passion for games!  Grin

We are Oscar Wings, currently developing Destroyetor.

Follow us on Twitter!
My blog: Jose Faeti
jetlang
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: October 07, 2014, 09:25:57 AM »

Hi,
I'm Oleg. Currently I making mobile game with my friend. I'm programmer on C/C++/C#/JS/HTML/CSS/PHP. I'm worked on many different game engines.
I've just want to take your feedback Smiley
HopFrog
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7916 on: October 07, 2014, 02:01:16 PM »

Hello there!

I'm Mariano. As far back as i can remember i always enjoyed making games. When i was little, i had no gameboy or NES, so i would create my own games for my family and friends to play. Now that i can programm my own stuff, i think it is time to finally start sharing!

Hope to read you all soon  Smiley

Midnart
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7917 on: October 07, 2014, 04:22:14 PM »

Hi,

I'm Danilo and currently a solo dev. My first game was announced on Greenlight in June, was approved in August and is now set to release this month.

Keep in touch!

Dennis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7918 on: October 08, 2014, 06:30:49 AM »

Hi TIGForums, I'm Dennis. I code and pixel. Now if you'll excuse me, I have about 399 pages of introductions to catch up on. Smiley

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7919 on: October 08, 2014, 07:09:31 AM »

if you actually read every single page of this thread then you're probably the first one

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic