Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 08:23:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsRequest a Tutorial
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27
Print
Author Topic: Request a Tutorial  (Read 182876 times)
GZ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: December 01, 2011, 11:56:04 PM »

I'd like a tutorial possibly showing how to do these things:

1. Placing a working donate paypal button in a Flixel game.
2. Some system for whenever the player has actually donated, (not clicked button) give the player some sort of credits.

Thanks!
Have you looked into Mochi Coins?

http://www.mochimedia.com/developers/coins.html

I'd say it's generally unnecessary to do something like this from scratch because I'm fairly certain there's a few services where player cash can be converted into virtual monies, this being one of them.

xhunterko
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 02, 2011, 01:06:24 PM »

Yes. Would any of my games get accepted? Probobly not. So I'm looking at alternatives.

GZ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: December 02, 2011, 09:52:43 PM »

Yes. Would any of my games get accepted? Probobly not. So I'm looking at alternatives.
Good point, I hadn't noticed they had a filtering process. Mochi Coins and GamerSafe are the only two I know of. It looks like GamerSafe does not use filtering, but this is just my basic observation:

https://www.gamersafe.com

I'm not a flash developer, but I've heard these pop up during discussions about this kind of thing. Beyond that an experienced flash developer would know more than me.

xhunterko
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 02, 2011, 11:12:45 PM »

Well, if anything, I'd at least like to know how to get a donate button in a flixel game.

increpare
« Reply #384 on: December 03, 2011, 02:44:34 AM »

You don't want a button that opens a popup in a separate window?  Because that's just a flxbutton....
xhunterko
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 03, 2011, 05:26:29 PM »

And I don't like flxButton. I made a custom class to replace it. But, I don't know how to do the pop up window. But, if you can do that, that'd be great!

I also remember FlxPanel having something to what I might be looking for. So I'll look into that and try some hacking. I'll let ya know if I come up with anything.

Ashkin
« Reply #386 on: December 03, 2011, 06:00:08 PM »

You may find this useful.
cubertron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 05, 2011, 09:01:23 AM »

A tutorial on how to make characters using pixel art  Roll Eyes ? I checked the pixel art tutorials sticky thread and most of the links there teach how to make backgrounds , buildings.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: December 05, 2011, 09:38:31 AM »

I have a series of Pixel Art tutorials - I'm up to part 4 on color contrast. Animation's next. Here's the YouTube playlist.

There's a thread about it here, as well (not the pixel art tutorial sticky; I didn't see it at the time.  Tongue)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:34:13 AM by SolarLune » Logged

ink.inc
« Reply #389 on: December 05, 2011, 11:50:18 AM »

A tutorial on how to make characters using pixel art  Roll Eyes ? I checked the pixel art tutorials sticky thread and most of the links there teach how to make backgrounds , buildings.

http://www.derekyu.com/?page_id=218

http://cardgallery.tales-tra.com/tut.htm (throw this one into google translate; it's from the guys who are making card sagas wars)
cubertron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 06, 2011, 06:04:17 AM »

I have a series of Pixel Art tutorials - I'm up to part 4 on color contrast. Animation's next. Here's the YouTube playlist.

There's a thread about it here, as well (not the pixel art tutorial sticky; I didn't see it at the time.  Tongue)

Thanks i have started watching your series and I hope to see some more videos Hand Thumbs Up Right
And thanks for the link john
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 07, 2011, 11:24:49 AM »

I don't know if this would be tutorial territory, or more of a primer, but something about selecting tile size and resolution/screen dimension would be a good thing.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: December 07, 2011, 12:31:47 PM »

Depends. I believe 16x16 is a nice size for most files and sprites. Different resolutions work for different games. GBC, for example, had a simple square resolution - 128x128? Computer games can go to 320x240 for retro games (Cave Story and Spelunky, I think). Basically, you want to keep to native computer resolutions USUALLY. Keep in mind that nobody wants super small character sprites, too.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 12:45:32 PM by SolarLune » Logged

BrandonQ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 08, 2011, 12:54:14 AM »

This may be off topic, but I am looking for video tutorials on game development in ActionScript 3 or Java. And preferably in a series not just a "how to" video. Thanks in advance Smiley
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 08, 2011, 10:11:45 AM »

Depends.

Thus the request.
hastylumbago
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 11, 2011, 07:58:36 PM »

I request a procedure tutorial.

Basically, I'd like a tut which gives a decent idea as to how to start a project. what sort of foundations does one have to lay? when do you get someone to start doing art assets for you? Things of that nature. I basically want a checklist, so that I don't do that thing where you get ahead of yourself and discover that the stuff you did for step 35 has to be redone now that you've finally gotten around to step 3.

Is that a doable thing?
ink.inc
« Reply #396 on: December 12, 2011, 12:23:13 PM »

different people have different procedures

cactus can develop games within 24 hour time spans

alec holowka/derek yu made aquaria over 2 years

fez has been developed for over 4 years

each person had a different procedure/mindset for each
eclectocrat
Level 5

Most of your personality is unconscious.

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 25, 2011, 04:28:37 AM »

I'd like an AS3 for programmers guide, if you already know how to code, what are some tricks/pitfalls when transferring that knowledge to AS3.

I make Mysterious Castle, a Tactics-Roguelike
Angelbait
Level 1

SCARY!

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 29, 2011, 08:38:27 AM »

Howdy guys! 

I've scoured Google for any info I could find on the subject but I cant seem to find any guides to making a tile set in Flash CS5.5.  Or for any Flash in that matter.  I just want to learn how to use the cloning tool to make the best tile set I possibly can!  I'm not looking for a tut on how to draw a tile set, more towards the exact procedure I would need to take in Flash.

Thanks a bunch!

Current: Cows With Guns           BLOG/TWEET/FB
Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: January 19, 2012, 03:21:39 AM »

I'd really appreciate it if any artist here could share some tips or technique to produce photorealistic art like they use in Hidden Object games. It has always bugging me how could they produce such realistic photo within a short period of time.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic