Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 01:40:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall[Freeware] Grace's Diary (Android)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Freeware] Grace's Diary (Android)  (Read 3047 times)
Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« on: August 10, 2012, 10:10:01 PM »

Game Information
Grace's Diary is an interactive visual novel made with Flash and flixel game framework. The game plays out as a point and click exploration/adventure game. There is a lot of dialogues in the game, which players will sometime be given choices to response. DIfferent response or actions will lead the game to a different ending. The game is not a long one, however, and can be finished in about an hour.

Grace's Diary won grand prize from 2010 Life.Love. Game Design Challenge. The contest theme is a game about teen dating violence, without any violence in the game.

This is a mobile version of the game with improved dialogues. The game is ported using Unity3D with new touch navigation control instead of mouse.

Story
In the game, you play the part of Grace who is concerned about her friend Natalie, whose behavior has changed since she started dating her current boyfriend. Grace wants to call Natalie and talk about her concerns, but knows that Natalie won't listen to her unless she has sufficient information to support those concerns. Investigate Grace's room to unearth memories and information in order to make that important call to Natalie. Only if you find sufficient information and make the proper choices will you have a successful conversation with your friend.

Screenshots

Video
Gameplay Video (Flash version)

Downloads
Android
- Amazon Appstore

It's a port of the Flash game I made in 2010. I completely rewrote the game from AS3+Flixel in Unity, with modifications to the game so that it supports touch control.

It's more along the line of visual novel + point and click adventure. Some choices during the novel part won't be available if you haven't found the right item.

The game is free, and I'm going to polish my visual novel engine on Unity and release it later as open source. Not sure if it's going to be useful, but at least people can use it as a cutscene scripting controller or something. Since it's made in Unity, there will be an iOS version as well, as soon as Jennifer Ann's group account on appstore is ready.

Hope you enjoy the game!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic