Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411676 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 08:25:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1969220 times)
Sean Raia
Level 0

Iterate!

View Profile
« Reply #5520 on: July 20, 2012, 11:18:39 AM »

Im an aspiring computer scientist/software engineer who consistently bites off more than he can chew in regards to art.

I almost always lone-wolf my games, and usually don't finish them. I'm sure im not alone there.

My inspiration in games comes from many sources, but recently it's been games like Braid, Blueberry Garden, and Minecraft.

I try to be aesthetically pleasing in both my life and game design.
I like programming quirky features.
Games by me tend to have strange names. I like straying from the beaten path.

Wanna talk? I'm always looking to meet and network with other indies!
Shoot me an email at
[email protected]

http://seanraia.blog.com/
AndyNN
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: July 21, 2012, 05:51:43 AM »

I've been programming games since 1985... I've worked on every system from 8bit computers to high end consoles. And for the past few years I've been independent, making games for the mobile market.

As well as programming I can do very simple pixel artwork.

The last game I had published was the conversion of Mutant Storm to the iPad, before that was the conversion of Space Tripper to iOS. I used to be part of a company called True Axis and helped program a game called Jet Car Stunts.

Before all that I was just a cog working for companies. Since going independent I've started having fun again making games and it sort of reminds me of the old days.

Hopefully I will meet some interesting people on these forums!
Matt Kap
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: July 21, 2012, 03:01:32 PM »

Hey guys, I'm Matt Kap, and I've been making games for about 10 years now, unfortunately never finishing a single one in all that time  Smiley.  Though, I'm currently working on a game called Castle In The Darkness, and it's the furthest along I've ever been on a big project.

It's a retro exploration platformer, and you can follow the progress at my twitter page (twitter.com/MattKap1), or on the game's official website (castleinthedarkness.mattkap.net).

Waave
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: July 22, 2012, 03:44:21 PM »

Hello! My name is Joseph Sweeney. I have always enjoyed games, starting with all the educational software my parents bought for me and my brothers as kids. The first major game I was really into and sort of obsessed over was Roller Coaster Tycoon, which my godparents got me for my 7th birthday. But my parents weren't all too fond of computer games (apart from educational stuff) and they didn't let me install it! I obsessed over the manual anyway and when it became too much to bear I installed it. Although I got in trouble it was all worth it.

So I have had to deal with parents who discourage games for about ten years. Thankfully they are wonderful in all other respects. But until I got my computer last year, I had to play underground. My programming skills didn't see much light either...

My first introduction to programming was when I was about 11, I was taking a computer class for 4H and the instructor had us mess around with QBASIC. I had no idea what a lot of stuff meant but I picked it up much faster then most of the kids. I started learning C++ when I was about 14, and I sometimes code games during school on my calculator using Axe Parser.

Most recently I have made several small, simple Java apps: I ported a mini-game called "Pegs" from the TI-83+ app PuzzPack and I wrote a humble little maze generator too. I am going into my senior year of high school, so I have a lot ahead of me and I am really excited for what I might make!

Most of my favorite games are indie, I think just because I like the quality and heart put into them. A short list of some of my favorites:
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Spelunky
VVVVVV
...and, although I haven't played it, I think FEZ [Gomez] has inspired me to create my own games more than any other game I've played. The atmosphere really embodies what I love about games.

I am completely self-taught when it comes to everything games, so I am eager to learn all I can from the community here!

PixelMonkey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: July 24, 2012, 09:30:45 AM »

Hi, my name's Daniel. I've been lurking around here for a bit and figured it was about time to make an account. I like messing around with pixel art, although my efforts are somewhat mediocre. I play way too many games, I spend a bit of time trying to make them, and I'm hoping that sometime I'll actually create a game I'm happy with.
My favorite games would be from the Sega Genesis, particularly games like Sonic 3 or Ristar.
Indie_Joe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: July 24, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »

Hello!  My name is Joe Lavoine, and my gaming habits started back in the NES days.  I'll always consider the SNES the golden age of (my) gaming, with my favorites being RPGs like Crono Trigger and Lufia II.

Up until recently I've been in the professional game industry for the last 5 years, working on franchises like
and

Lately though I've been trying my hand at being independent.  Late last year I released my first iOS game, Origami Adventure(http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/origami-adventure/id461788647?mt=8).  It was a simple puzzle game that I made to get my feet wet using the Unity engine.

I've returned to my RPG roots with my next project, and here's a sneak peek at some concept art...I'll be starting a devlog soon! =)

I've tended to get a little too involved in my work in the past and put the blinders on, but I'm trying to throw that old bad habit away, and I plan to finally come out of my cave and join the community!
AlphaMike
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5526 on: July 25, 2012, 06:17:19 AM »

Hey folks,

I am Alasdair MacLeod, and I am a Software Engineer by day and nowadays writing games by night. I live in Bristol in the UK.
I have no claims to fame unlike Pelican71 who I can now blame for all those last minute homework assignments I had to do because I was too busy playing Dune 2000.

I am working on my game Space Debris which I've been working on for a couple of months now, I have a few more games in the noggin' that I want to work on afterwards but I must complete this one first!

So I've come here for inspiration, help and stuff to guide me through! :D

Cheers,

AM
Cyman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: July 25, 2012, 06:14:20 PM »

We are Ken, James, and a few more who aren't particularly skilled at any aspect of game creation, but we have fun together.

Some of our favorite games from the past are: Sonic 2+3, Super Mario World, System Shock 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Deus Ex, and more recently Halo, GTA San Andreas and GTA4.

Aside from making games, we spend our free time playing Minecraft on PC, and 360 games.
AgeOfGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5528 on: July 26, 2012, 04:51:42 AM »

Hi all,

I'm Fabio Belsanti, managing director and lead designer at Age of Games, an independent Online Gaming Website.

Since April 2010 we have sponsored a lot of indie games and developed several Strategy and RPG projects, such as the series King's Island, Eukarion Tales, Chroma Wars, and Fantasy Kommander.

Our website features an amazing user profile which allows players to submit high scores, earn achievement badges, create gaming groups, make friends, upload contents (photos, artworks, videos etc.) and become the AOG Weekly or Monthly Champion winning our $ 50,00 Gift Cards!

In the next few days we are going to release the sequel of the successful game Medieval Wars 2 and to announce the Open Beta of “Iron Warriors”, a crazy action-rpg-strategy-parodic game!

If you are an independent developer  who created a great game,  contact us for sponsorship opportunities.

Stay tuned for upcoming news!

The AgeOfGames Team

zomi
« Reply #5529 on: July 26, 2012, 10:04:52 AM »

My name is Chris, I've worked off and on as an artist for various casual-game companies.  I just recently started making my own games.

Hello
Conker534
« Reply #5530 on: July 27, 2012, 04:41:54 AM »

Hey guys, I'm Matt Kap, and I've been making games for about 10 years now, unfortunately never finishing a single one in all that time  Smiley.  Though, I'm currently working on a game called Castle In The Darkness, and it's the furthest along I've ever been on a big project.

It's a retro exploration platformer, and you can follow the progress at my twitter page (twitter.com/MattKap1), or on the game's official website (castleinthedarkness.mattkap.net).

Adorable art
AeornFlippout
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: July 28, 2012, 08:18:57 AM »

Hey all, I'm Aaron San Filippo, and I do game design/programming.

After going to univ. for Computer Science, I spent about 7 years in "AAA" at Raven Software in Middleton, Wisconsin. My first title there was X-Men Legends II, and I also worked on Marvel:Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Singularity, and most recently Modern Warfare 3.

This April, I decided that the company (and 'big' industry in general) are going in a direction that just wasn't for me anymore, and so I quit my job to co-found Flippfly with my brother Forest San Filippo. It was a pretty scary leap to make since I've got a mortgage, student loans, a family with 3 kids, etc. But I knew I would regret not having tried this when I had the chance! We plan to make games for PC, mobile, and pretty much any platform that'll have us.

My favorite games are mostly old-school Nintendo classics, but lately I've found myself pretty addicted to misc. mobile and Facebook games like Monsters Ate My Condo, Triple Town, etc.

Glad to be here, this community seems awesome!
Blackvoxel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: July 28, 2012, 02:44:26 PM »

Hi all,

We are the Blackvoxel Team. We are Olivia and Laurent who created a new game based on a voxel engine (http://www.blackvoxel.com).

We started programming in the early 80s and have a long history of video game players!

When we started computing, there where a lot of block games and many of them have black background and luminous lines. And we dreamed of that.

The goal for us is to implement in our game a lot of ideas we had since a long time.

We rely on you to help us...

Blackvoxel Team

in4ray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: July 29, 2012, 12:27:16 PM »

Hello all,

My name is Ihor and I'm an indie developer. I'm turning to you in regards with my project and I highly appreciate you're taking a minute of your time to review this post.

Our team recently launched our first free casual game on Android.  In this game user have to squeeze toothpaste from the tube as fast as possible.
Game key features:
- Very small application size (~680kb)
- Addictive gameplay
- Amazing and colorful graphic
- High-quality textures and animation
- Online leaderboard
This game was powered by the Starling framework and Adobe AIR.

I would appreciate your reviewing "Squeeze Me" and looking forward for your feedbacks and suggestions.

This game is available on Google Play (casual games category) by following URL:
http://bit.ly/MED8PF
Official site: http://in4ray.com
Official fan page on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/KQPR3k

Currently our team working on promoting this game in the Internet and submitting on Amazon App Store and Apple Store. Additionally we have several more ideas we are going to implement in the nearest time.

Please rate it and share with your friends. Thank you!

Ram C
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: July 30, 2012, 02:27:54 PM »

Hey,

My name is Ram and I'm currently in school in NYC for computer science.  I became interested in video games when my parents bought be a SNES as a child, and gaming became an important part of my childhood.  I'm currently working on learning Javascript/PHP and making small HTML5 games.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5535 on: July 30, 2012, 06:52:36 PM »

I just realised I haven't got around to writing an introduction to myself yet, despite posting on these boards quite a lot.

My name is Leigh Jackson, I've been developing (or learning how to develop games) since about 2006 when I was inspired by the vibrancy and capability of the half-life 1 mod'ing community to create such fun an imaginative projects for free. That was the time I decided I would teach myself whatever I had to learn to make games like they did.

(PS: I should add that I had also been developing 2D pixel art platformers in Click'n'Play, MMF, Game Maker etc. for as long as I can remember ever sitting in front of a computer)

A couple years of later, while graduating from high school I released a half-life 2 MOD called Kingdoms Collide, it was a really fun project to work on and I always like to look back on the times when it had hundreds of players, enjoying our multiplayer game over the internet all at once.

Since then I studied a degree in game development (I know, funny right?) in Melbourne.
In some ways this degree was a massive waste of time and money and on the other hand it did teach me how to program my own games, which means i'm now finally able to make a whole game (regardless of how good a game) by myself.

Just a few months ago I forked out all the dosh to start up my own company and I've been working extremely hard on making something good to share ever since.

CuppaCoffee
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: July 31, 2012, 07:13:21 AM »

Hi! I'm Elle and I do writing. I also do art, but not quite as well as writing. Right now I'm combining those two skills alongside some slapped-together Python to make a visual novel. That's about it on my end.
n1ckd0r
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: July 31, 2012, 07:24:47 PM »

Hi all, been a lurker here for awhile but thought I should introduce myself!

My name is Nick Rapp, and like many of you I've been interested in games of all different kinds for as long as I remember.

Beginning with the classic Lucas Arts adventure games as a child to Red Alert, Half Life, on up to World of Warcraft (for longer than I care to admit). At some point consoles joined the mix with Sega Master System -> Genesis -> N64 ->Dreamcast -> Xbox -> Xbox360 and (almost) everything in between! In the last few years I've gotten really into indie titles, primarily platformers, like Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV, Dustforce, etc, which is what led me to hearing about these forums Smiley

During the day I work as a test engineer for Xbox, but for the past few years have spent much my free time with game development. After all those years of tinkering, I've finally got my first game submitted to the iOS and WP7 app stores, and I'm looking forward to some well deserved sleep Smiley.
Louigi Verona
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: August 02, 2012, 12:17:16 AM »

Hello!

My name is Louigi Verona. I am interested in many various creative things. My biggest passions are music and games. I write a lot of ambient music and primarily regard myself as an ambient artist. Recently I started doing games as well.

My homesite is http://www.louigiverona.ru/

Although I am working on a platformer game, so far I have released two maze games. I believe I have authored the hardest maze game in the world and would like to share it with you (will post it to announcements).

Very happy to have discovered a community here!
sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: August 02, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »

hey i'm sigvatr
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic